Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paging TBT, Charvaka, MS, bw, PN, HA, Propa, Maria, Impy, Seven, b_a,

+3
Seva Lamberdar
desi aunty
Kris
7 posters

Go down

Paging TBT, Charvaka, MS, bw, PN, HA, Propa, Maria, Impy, Seven, b_a,  Empty Paging TBT, Charvaka, MS, bw, PN, HA, Propa, Maria, Impy, Seven, b_a,

Post by Kris Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:03 am

CD, Indo, Rishi, Kinnera, Rashmun, HK, gk, SP, Nevada et al ( I am sure I have left out many)..
Feel free to post/vent/ pontificate. 

Hope you guys/gals are still around and have lotsa free time on your hands. Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Paging TBT, Charvaka, MS, bw, PN, HA, Propa, Maria, Impy, Seven, b_a,  Empty Re: Paging TBT, Charvaka, MS, bw, PN, HA, Propa, Maria, Impy, Seven, b_a,

Post by desi aunty Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:15 pm

i had made some self-rules a while ago that i will not post on any topic that talks about present/past members, and i will not greet anyone who posts after a while. But i break those rules every once in a while, depends on my mood and the poster's impact on me. 

some are gone for good, but i think (or i like to believe) that i know how to troll some of them back to posting (time and tested) and/or contacting me offline (time and tested). However, i purposely refrain from doing so. Now, I can either be a spiderman and say that with great power comes great responsibility, haha... but i think the fact is that i am that abhimanyu who knows how to enter a chakrawooh (spelling?) but not how to get out of it haha... so i mean... once burnt twice shy kinda deal Sad

besides, i think everyone has moved on to pick up their battles on many other social media platforms, whatsapp probably being the most used, and maybe FB to some extent. 

i myself have moved on. am in new beautiful relationships, AND in renewed beautiful relationships with older ones. Why mess up that equilibrium. 

I post here for you and gk without the underscore (among others), coz i like to preserve relationships once built. and if the admin decides to ever fix the chat, then for my mirror soul, tapori. i had always imagined i will meet Maria once, but i think my reputation is such that no one will wanna meet me, oh well. 

lastly, earning your living can sometimes sap out all the time and energy out of you, which may be a good thing, all things concerned. so let's just hope everyone is busy as fuck, and enjoying life. Smile

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Paging TBT, Charvaka, MS, bw, PN, HA, Propa, Maria, Impy, Seven, b_a,  Empty Re: Paging TBT, Charvaka, MS, bw, PN, HA, Propa, Maria, Impy, Seven, b_a,

Post by Kris Tue Feb 11, 2020 1:40 pm

I remember in our teens a bunch of us would sit on a compound wall and shoot the breeze. 
I am starting to think that was a stress buster:)

P.s. Why would Maria not want to meet you? She was probably one if the coolest people on the forum with no particular hang ups.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:13 pm

Kris wrote:I remember in our teens a bunch of us would sit on a compound wall and shoot the breeze. 

P.s. Why would Maria not want to meet you? She was probably one if the coolest people on the forum with no particular hang ups.

oh the topic never came up. just that a few years ago, i imagined or looked up to meeting certain people and she was one of them. however, i think my reputation of uhh, being a gossip, got ahead of me, and anyone who might be considering might have stopped considering. Reputation is something you can't fight, so i am not gonna sit here and deny it. i have learnt that sometimes having a bad reputation has its own perks (will pontificate some other time Smile). having said that, all of the people that i have met from such are quality folks, and some of them liked me too Wink.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Tue Feb 11, 2020 2:17 pm

desi aunty wrote:
I post here for you and gk without the underscore 

WITH  Shocked

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:10 pm

Most of the names mentioned above probably visit and check out this site from time to time but are reluctant to post here for various reasons.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Tue Feb 11, 2020 3:17 pm

Seva Lamberdar wrote:Most of the names mentioned above probably visit and check out this site from time to time but are reluctant to post here for various reasons.
>> maybe they are tired of the forum? I was hoping we could revive it. I know you and TW have been posting.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:45 am

likewise... true, very true... I do read, and like your contributions enlightening me with novel perspectives on women - having been conditioned early on with only males' presentations/versions of who and what women are; still is so hard to unlearn all of it. truly I do feel bad that i am not posting as much as I 'd love to.. anyways, keep up this good work RSK, and long live

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by desi aunty Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:42 pm

Happy to give my perspective but I am not sure if I can carry the burden of giving the perspective of all the women, or even majority of women. Maybe you see something that I don’t, but I have been called many names, even by women, even here. So don’t want to enrage all the women who think I’m a whore, narcissist, slut, gossip, and deeply troubled when it comes to keeping any kind of relationship, as I definitely don’t represent them. But maybe I can serve as an eye opener to the fact that many kinds of people exist and what my experiences have been.

desi aunty

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:57 pm

desi aunty wrote:Happy to give my perspective but I am not sure if I can carry the burden of giving the perspective of all the women, or even majority of women. Maybe you see something that I don’t, but I have been called many names, even by women, even here. So don’t want to enrage all the women who think I’m a whore, narcissist, slut, gossip, and deeply troubled when it comes to keeping any kind of relationship, as I definitely don’t represent them. But maybe I can serve as an eye opener to the fact that many kinds of people exist and what my experiences have been.

First, you can't be bothered about all that..calling names, labeling others tells more of their inadequacies
2. your brutal honesty presenting your stories without stigma /inhibition which is so rare is what makes you uncommon and admirable ..

surely I won't be generalizing..

thanks

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Feb 13, 2020 1:15 pm

desi aunty wrote: But maybe I can serve as an eye opener to the fact that many kinds of people exist and what my experiences have been.
>>> of course. Not to sound like a Sociologist, the different perspectives are what make these forums vibrant. As an aside, I think I must have missed the barbs thrown at you. It may have been a case of just focusing on your stories. Speaking of which, I was toying around with writing some fiction, but I am coming up against the limitation of not being able to conceptualize scenarios that are outside my life experiences. Maybe I will try anyway one of these days.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:24 pm

Apparently, Charvaka is still sponsoring to keep this site alive Smile

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by smArtha Tue Feb 18, 2020 4:34 pm

Unlike FB or Twitter this forum does NOT notify and remind people that they have not logged in for over a month or more now :-). Hence people seem to forget this forum. Admin may be able to do something towards that.

smArtha

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue May 12, 2020 10:32 am

Kris wrote:I remember in our teens a bunch of us would sit on a compound wall and shoot the breeze. 

Thank you Kris..kind of you:)

Sure, would not mind meeting anyone..if it was possible. And understand if others don't want to. 
Everyone is kinder and more respectful in person. Not sure if would be possible or easy anymore. 
Have really limited my travels, even before this Pandemic.

Anyways, with time all friendships..change. Some become closer, some drift away.
In the case of Sulekha (from all all sections, esp. bloggers), many are in social media now..keep in touch. Even those before blogging days. 

So many changes over the years..people got married, were divorced, remarried, have had children..grandchildren. 
There have been losses too.. loss of family members..and a few Sulekha friends passed away. Can't forget them! 

Interesting how when we visit a familiar place after a long time, memories do return!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down