Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Paging Impy and other smart phone users

3 posters

Go down

Paging Impy and other smart phone users Empty Paging Impy and other smart phone users

Post by Bittu Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:10 pm

TMB got her sister's old phone. It's a 3G Droid Incredible. Says Verizon on it so I'm guessing it works only with verizon?

Looking for a pre-paid or whatever plan that lets her talk, text and minimal data usage. Needs to be on verizon or affiliate network. ATT coverage sux around here. Any suggestions? $50/mo type deal..

TIA

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Paging Impy and other smart phone users Empty Re: Paging Impy and other smart phone users

Post by Bittu Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:44 pm

koi bata do yaar....

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Paging Impy and other smart phone users Empty Re: Paging Impy and other smart phone users

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 6:46 pm

Bittu wrote:TMB got her sister's old phone. It's a 3G Droid Incredible. Says Verizon on it so I'm guessing it works only with verizon?

Looking for a pre-paid or whatever plan that lets her talk, text and minimal data usage. Needs to be on verizon or affiliate network. ATT coverage sux around here. Any suggestions? $50/mo type deal..

TIA

why not call Verizon and find out?

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:12 pm

Bittu wrote:TMB got her sister's old phone. It's a 3G Droid Incredible. Says Verizon on it so I'm guessing it works only with verizon?

TIA
It will only work on VZW (or Amp'd, Jitterbug, etc. which are their MVNOs). If she wants data usage, she may better off getting the plan from VZW, not one of the MVNO affiliates. For light usage, a pay-as-you-go plan will work best. For regular usage, get the $50 unlimited plan.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/splash/prepay.jsp
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:32 pm

charvaka wrote:It will only work on VZW (or Amp'd, Jitterbug, etc. which are their MVNOs). If she wants data usage, she may better off getting the plan from VZW, not one of the MVNO affiliates. For light usage, a pay-as-you-go plan will work best. For regular usage, get the $50 unlimited plan.

thanks. but VZ says "sorry can't do the 50 plan or the pay-as-you-go plan for smart phones. c0cksuckers.

for smart phones, plans are 64.99 through 94.99 plus tax/fees/surchages/govt-duties/loda/lassan.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:34 pm

Bittu wrote:
charvaka wrote:It will only work on VZW (or Amp'd, Jitterbug, etc. which are their MVNOs). If she wants data usage, she may better off getting the plan from VZW, not one of the MVNO affiliates. For light usage, a pay-as-you-go plan will work best. For regular usage, get the $50 unlimited plan.

thanks. but VZ says "sorry can't do the 50 plan or the pay-as-you-go plan for smart phones. c0cksuckers.

for smart phones, plans are 64.99 through 94.99 plus tax/fees/surchages/govt-duties/loda/lassan.
That sucks. Charging more just because you have a smartphone -- don't know if there's a way out. Look on VZW's user support forums.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:42 pm

TMB works from home 70% of the time. She "NEEDS" a smartphone for the other 30% time when she's in the office where she can't check gmail or yahoo. shyt's weak to begin with.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:47 pm

Usually when carriers say "you can't use this plan with this device" it means you don't get full support if you use that plan with that device. I was on a non-smartphone plan with AT&T for years with a smartphone, and it worked just fine. All I needed to know was that I couldn't count on their tech support to fix problems for me. There may be something like that for VZW as well, but that will take a bunch of your time to research. The question is whether that time is worth the $15 a month you'd save.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:08 am

TIA

The title should read "Impy and other Smart-Phone users"

Just so you know....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down