Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Tamil Experts here: Please translate this news item for our NI friends

+3
charvaka
Maria S
MulaiAzhagi
7 posters

Go down

To Tamil Experts here: Please translate this news item for our NI friends Empty To Tamil Experts here: Please translate this news item for our NI friends

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:12 pm

http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=416876

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

To Tamil Experts here: Please translate this news item for our NI friends Empty Re: To Tamil Experts here: Please translate this news item for our NI friends

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:20 pm

===> Even the girl was in love with this man before, she would have changed her mind now.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

To Tamil Experts here: Please translate this news item for our NI friends Empty Re: To Tamil Experts here: Please translate this news item for our NI friends

Post by Maria S Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:31 pm

Sara, Sara,

What is the matter Sara!

Isn't it obvious..that this sad story is not about a poor man running around naked in a police station, being combative/psychotic..not for some streaking thrill..but, most likely because he is having a psychological emergency..in simple words a mental or nervous break down?

I am sad Sara..first, you posted a thread "In the long run, everyone looks Ugly"..had a problem with that..but, let it go..*(like with dear DUT, I have just given up on some things- fighting Ageism)..Now you too! Hey, if you'all want to believe it..so be it!

And looks like you were just a little lazy translate..so, "taking on the burden" of being a good friend..I thought it was some happy news, I can read and give it a try!

Just sad Sara...Sad
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:36 pm

With the aid of my trusty Tamil friend Google, I have gathered that this quintessential MulaiAzhagi story has the all these essential plot elements...

Murder: check
Nudity: check
Love: check
Jail: check
Rakalai: check

PS: I don't know what that last item is, but I take it from the number of times it occurs in the story that it is something salacious.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:01 pm

Rakalai means mild or minor riot. The meaning has changed to indicate harmless fun stuff over the years.

I haven't read the article though.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:07 pm

Maria S wrote:I thought it was some happy news, I can read and give it a try!

(

Trying to think when Sara last posted a happy news.
To Tamil Experts here: Please translate this news item for our NI friends Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOfb6MCA0KMStHrkwbeJxEhN6eaPRcfQlyReU0APom7GGUh51Y

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:11 pm

Well Carvaka,

*Rakalai- is an altercation- someone being disruptive/combative..the closest I can think of!

Just think- although he is accused of serious crimes and was in jail..all the pressure..the final trigger being the woman he loved..marrying someone else because the severe opposition of her family..can see the bizarre behavior..related to psychological problems.

Good effort you trying to google..getting most of it..one day- when you perhaps have a lot of time to waste, and I do too..will post something and see if you can translate!

Last edited by Maria S on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:13 pm

*Just read what DM posted..makes sense- to call it a "minor" altercation..where no one is really injured.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:44 pm

So the song here in this forum should be ---

Why this rakalai rakalai De? .Smile

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:56 pm

with all the death threats and kukri duels flying around, Kolaveri is more appropriate..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:08 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:http://www.dinamalar.com/News_Detail.asp?Id=416876

Translation: Man dances half naked on learning that he escaped from marrying the woman he loved, in which case he would have driven out of the house full naked.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:10 pm

it's not ra"ka"Lai but ra"ga"Lai. the rules of tamil phonetics are quite clear. i've written about them on sulekha.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:13 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:it's not ra"ka"Lai but ra"ga"Lai. the rules of tamil phonetics are quite clear. i've written about them on sulekha.

Note to self: Brace myself for a Friday onslaught of S-T synthesis (Sanskrit-Tanmil).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:19 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:it's not ra"ka"Lai but ra"ga"Lai. the rules of tamil phonetics are quite clear. i've written about them on sulekha.

Note to self: Brace myself for a Friday onslaught of S-T synthesis (Sanskrit-Tanmil).

loosu koodhi!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down