Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The great CH divide

+6
doofus_maximus
charvaka
Impedimenta
Nila
Hellsangel
CroMagnon
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The great CH divide Empty The great CH divide

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 11, 2011 1:09 pm

There is absolutely no reason for anyone to continue to post in the old CH. They are merely there for ego and are trying to find dumb reasons to rationalize their stupid decision.

Since everyone who is posting there these days is either a dumb fuck or someone I abhor (or both), I do not much care about whether they move here or not.

I do understand that a lot of people find the usual duels entertaining and in its absence will move back to Sulekha CH if some of the other folks don't move here soon.

I have no reason to either want to move back to Sulekha CH or want them remaining posters to move here.

Where do you stand?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

The great CH divide Empty Re: The great CH divide

Post by Hellsangel Wed May 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Open a poll
Smile
I ain't leaving here.
PS: There won't be any duels with the current divide for a very long time.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 11, 2011 1:12 pm

I don't know...I don't trust myself in anything these days! I am not sure!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 11, 2011 1:14 pm

my problem here is the need to discuss the old CH. i'll either have to deal with it or move on. i'll post depending on my tolerance level that day. as i said, i do enjoy the company of a few handles here. Given that the other site is borken and now blocked from work as well, i won't go there. i'll probably quit posting anywhere which is a good thing at least for someone like me who cannot multi task.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:14 pm

I would like the stay here... I do rarely check out the old CH, but am soon turned off enough to not open most of the posts, specially if the 'bug' got to them.. I last did 'view source' maybe 4-5 days ago.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:16 pm

Impedimenta wrote:Given that the other site is borken and now blocked from work as well, i won't go there.

If this doesn't bring kokkee in here, what will... unless kokkee is just another alter ego of someone who is here already.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 11, 2011 1:18 pm

I haven't checked old CH for about a week except for the links posted here. It was hilarious to see someone signed QB/Sasthi....lol that makes it obvious who is behind those killings. Anyways....

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:30 pm

good thread. i do miss the dumb participants. but, looking forward, we will spawn our own dumb participants in time (as long as we keep it un-moderated). it's a part of evolution. so no need to go back.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:we will spawn our own dumb participants in time (as long as we keep it un-moderated). it's a part of evolution. so no need to go back.

Yep. One dumb fuck has already made it here. She (clue clue) also falls in the category of shameless.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 11, 2011 1:33 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:Given that the other site is borken and now blocked from work as well, i won't go there.

If this doesn't bring kokkee in here, what will... unless kokkee is just another alter ego of someone who is here already.

i also have another theory the details of which are higly classified.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 11, 2011 1:35 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:

i also have another theory the details of which are higly classified.
Does it have anything do with Tiger?
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 11, 2011 1:37 pm

Impedimenta wrote:my problem here is the need to discuss the old CH.
It's like we all have just gone through a divorce. All we can do now is talk about how it was the other person's fault, and how we are the victims. This will go on for a while yet, on both sides of the divorce. There's no getting away from it, whichever forum we go to. Just because we are on the "new" forum here doesn't mean we are going to instantly forget everything that happened, or lose all interest in the goings on over there.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 11, 2011 1:40 pm

charvaka wrote:It's like we all have just gone through a divorce.

Nice analogy.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 11, 2011 1:43 pm

charvaka wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:my problem here is the need to discuss the old CH.
It's like we all have just gone through a divorce. All we can do now is talk about how it was the other person's fault, and how we are the victims. This will go on for a while yet, on both sides of the divorce. There's no getting away from it, whichever forum we go to. Just because we are on the "new" forum here doesn't mean we are going to instantly forget everything that happened, or lose all interest in the goings on over there.

that's because you "married each other" in the first place. some of us are still free:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
that's because you "married each other" in the first place. some of us are still free:-)
You only think you are free. If you were really, really free, you wouldn't be wishing Tiger were here!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Wed May 11, 2011 1:45 pm

Impedimenta wrote:

then letting go should be much easier no...

Kili paranthu pochi *said like Mr.Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan*
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 11, 2011 1:46 pm

Impedimenta wrote:that's because you "married each other" in the first place. some of us are still free:-)

Nice comeback!
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 1:46 pm

charvaka wrote:It's like we all have just gone through a divorce.

yes. these efforts to fall in line and forget the past are somewhat hollow or forced. let things take their own course. ultimately we will get tired of discussing them (unless they decide to act more clownish). evidently we are NOT discussing just them. that proves 3 things:

- we are ceo

- we have garden

- we have life

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Wed May 11, 2011 1:48 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 11, 2011 1:47 pm

charvaka wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:
You only think you are free. If you were really, really free, you wouldn't be wishing Tiger were here!

sir, flower back now. me wants. i am human and i need to be entertained as well. ok?

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Wed May 11, 2011 1:48 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

then letting go should be much easier no...

Kili paranthu pochi *said like Mr.Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan*

LOL @ kili paranthu pochi....ha ha ha.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed May 11, 2011 1:51 pm

Sasthi wrote:I don't know...I don't trust myself in anything these days! I am not sure!

[b]

Like ?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed May 11, 2011 1:54 pm

If the old CH is fixed, I'd prefer to go back to it. That is, if the majority of posters move back. I strongly feel this is good as a temporary place to hold the group together, but doubt it can sustain in the long run, if CH is not fixed.

To me, it is painful to navigate this board, in spite of all the features. I'm not complaining, it is by no means meant to offend the people who took the initiative and put this together in a short time, and just did a great job. But I can't help hoping that old CH is fixed.

CH has been there for so long that I took it for granted forever. I could take a break for months, years and still could get back to it any time I wanted. For some reason, this board doesn't inspire the same idea of longevity or confidence.

OTOH, I'm also appalled at the utter disregard sulekha has for CH posters. Couldn't they have at least acknowledged the problem with CH in a simple post? Couldn't they have said something like 'this is it, guys, move on, or we are trying to fix it- it might take weeks, months, years or whatever.' Nothing. You don't want to take it personally, it is after all a forum, but still, that was disgusting!

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 11, 2011 2:04 pm

Couldn't they have at least acknowledged the problem with CH in a simple post? Couldn't they have said something like 'this is it, guys, move on, or we are trying to fix it- it might take weeks, months, years or whatever.' Nothing. You don't want to take it

-----They were buzy spamming and don't have time to let the cher's know anything about the fix - simply coz they are not gonna!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 11, 2011 2:06 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
we will spawn our own dumb participants in time (as long as we keep it un-moderated). it's a part of evolution. so no need to go back.

Yep. One dumb fuck has already made it here. She (clue clue) also falls in the category of shameless

??

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed May 11, 2011 2:38 pm

A divided house is not a bad idea at all. I don't care much for insult laden personal fight threads and with each faction selecting a different forum, such fights seem to be a thing of the past now.

I like the layout of this forum way better. And there are no annoying Muthukumar threads here either. It was obvious for months that Sulekha wanted CHers out of there as they spammed relentlessly.
This thread deletion problem came as a blessing in disguise for them.
Even if they fix the problem, why would you want to go back and search for Coffeehouse posts beneath all those crap posts? And what if Sulekha decides to spam the Coffeehouse forum as well?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Sasthi wrote:Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
we will spawn our own dumb participants in time (as long as we keep it un-moderated). it's a part of evolution. so no need to go back.

Yep. One dumb fuck has already made it here. She (clue clue) also falls in the category of shameless

??

I was referring to you, if it wasn't already too obvious.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by garamkuta Wed May 11, 2011 3:06 pm

CroMagnon wrote:

??

easy gentleman.. no one asked you to justify your handle cheers

garamkuta

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 11, 2011 3:10 pm

garamkuta wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:I was referring to you, if it wasn't already too obvious.

easy gentleman.. no one asked you to justify your handle cheers

Nothing wrong in making statements of facts!
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 11, 2011 4:04 pm

ashaNirasha wrote:If the old CH is fixed, I'd prefer to go back to it.
A week ago, I would have agreed with you wholeheartedly. The more time I spend here, the more I get used to this. Now my only major complaint is the lack of "latest posts" (instead of latest topics.) If I find a solution to that, I won't want to move back "to the abusive husband."

ashaNirasha wrote:OTOH, I'm also appalled at the utter disregard sulekha has for CH posters. Couldn't they have at least acknowledged the problem with CH in a simple post? Couldn't they have said something like 'this is it, guys, move on, or we are trying to fix it- it might take weeks, months, years or whatever.'
Yeah, that disregard is totally beyond words. It takes a grand total of two minutes to post a message like that. And it will create tremendous goodwill. But they choose not to do that.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 11, 2011 5:20 pm

CroMagnon wrote:

??

?? Since I am already not in a good mood....I will just ignore you forever...forever...forever. If you find me or anyone dumb - is it NOT smarter to ignore them. Please try to be smarter!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 5:48 pm

CroMagnon wrote:There is absolutely no reason for anyone to continue to post in the old CH. They are merely there for ego and are trying to find dumb reasons to rationalize their stupid decision.

well it wasnt abt their ego initially. i blv it was the attitude of those who moved, that now its abt ego combined with attachment or watever. Even then its an individual choice to post where they feel like. No one needs to back their choice with reasons. Those who moved did wat they felt was reasonable and calling other peoples' decision to not follow dumb, is very mean.

CroMagnon wrote:I have no reason to either want to move back to Sulekha CH or want them remaining posters to move here.

Where do you stand?

I simply have more choices now. forumotion, reddit and sulekha. i'll post where i find topics that interest me or people i wana talk to. i have nothing against any platform/people.
Oh another good thing abt this place is we can choose to not see posts from users we dont like by simply adding them to our foe list Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 11, 2011 5:53 pm

seven wrote: No one needs to back their choice with reasons. Those who moved did wat they felt was reasonable and calling other peoples' decision to not follow dumb, is very mean.
I have to say I agree with you. I myself won't post on old CH because I don't like the place any more. But I don't think people are dumb or stupid for not moving. They have their reasons, and I can understand their reasons even if I don't agree with them.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 11, 2011 6:08 pm

Oh another good thing abt this place is we can choose to not see posts from users we dont like by simply adding them to our foe list

Thanks for educating me...I just added someone as foe Smile

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 6:12 pm

ty carvaka
yw sasthi (i'm still mad at u) nvm

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 11, 2011 6:47 pm

charvaka wrote:But I don't think people are dumb or stupid for not moving. They have their reasons, and I can understand their reasons even if I don't agree with them.

People aren't dumb for not moving. Most of those who have not moved have always been dumb.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 11, 2011 6:55 pm

seven wrote:well it wasnt abt their ego initially. i blv it was the attitude of those who moved

WTF! We moved here because Sasthi and QB killed that forum. And Sulekha didn't care about it either. What attitude are you talking about?

seven wrote:Those who moved did wat they felt was reasonable and calling other peoples' decision to not follow dumb, is very mean.

I never said they are dumb because they aren't moving. Nor did I expect them to provide reasons to not move.

Those posters have always been dumb and I never cared about any one of them. The only exception, off the top of my head, is Uppili.

CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 11, 2011 7:51 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
seven wrote:well it wasnt abt their ego initially. i blv it was the attitude of those who moved

WTF! We moved here because Sasthi and QB killed that forum. And Sulekha didn't care about it either. What attitude are you talking about?

u know where they were made fun of for not moving and blaming it on their stubbornness ego etc. forcing them to move here by advertising on sulekhaand such...

seven wrote:Those who moved did wat they felt was reasonable and calling other peoples' decision to not follow dumb, is very mean.

CroMagnon wrote:I never said they are dumb because they aren't moving. Nor did I expect them to provide reasons to not move.

you said no one has any reason to post on sulekha CH. thats like deciding for everyone if they have/or not any reasons...in other words making them respond with reasons.

CroMagnon wrote:Those posters have always been dumb and I never cared about any one of them. The only exception, off the top of my head, is Uppili.

Upps is here .

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 11, 2011 11:47 pm

CroMagnon wrote:The only exception, off the top of my head, is Uppili.
Uppili is here alright.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 12:10 am

I am certain that all those who haven't openly shifted over for various reasons (drama, ego, privacy) etc. are reading every post here.

Cmon, be brave and join us, will ya!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 12, 2011 12:22 am

I am certain that all those who haven't openly shifted over for various reasons (drama, ego, privacy) etc. are reading every post here.

Cmon, be brave and join us, will ya

haha I know Upilli is reading my posts...Razz

Upilli I miss you - please join such.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 12, 2011 12:23 am

I miss all those copy and paste contents Razz

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 12, 2011 12:26 am

ty carvaka
yw sasthi (i'm still mad at u) nvm

- Okies seven, fine be that way!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 12, 2011 12:27 am

Sasthi wrote:I miss all those copy and paste contents Razz

I will pass on your wish to Uppili, who is busy killing CH threads according to the CEO's latest "I know everything" pronouncement.

Here...Take this Vibhuti Prasad.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Thu May 12, 2011 12:29 am

Thanks for the prasad. Btw...I don't even want to know your old ch handle...

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Thu May 12, 2011 1:00 pm

seven wrote:u know where they were made fun of for not moving and blaming it on their stubbornness ego etc. forcing them to move here by advertising on sulekhaand such...

They were made fun of for genuine reasons. Most of those who haven't moved here have done so because this forum was pioneered by their antagonists - SP, C and myself. Some haven't joined because they like to create drama. There are very few who haven't joined due to privacy concerns - and that is stupid considering how buggy and virus infected Sulekha itself is.

seven wrote:you said no one has any reason to post on sulekha CH. thats like deciding for everyone if they have/or not any reasons...in other words making them respond with reasons.

Yes, no one has any rational reason to continue to post on Sulekha - and I stand by it. I do not expect or want them to respond with reason because reasoning is not something I expect from them nor are they capable of. If I wanted an argument with them, I would have posted in Sulekha CH and not here.

seven wrote:Upps is here .

In another handle? Openly or is it merely a conjecture?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Thu May 12, 2011 1:14 pm

CroMagnon wrote:

They were made fun of for genuine reasons. Most of those who haven't moved here have done so because this forum was pioneered by their antagonists - SP, C and myself. Some haven't joined because they like to create drama. There are very few who haven't joined due to privacy concerns - and that is stupid considering how buggy and virus infected Sulekha itself is.

what big words! :-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Thu May 12, 2011 1:18 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:pioneered by their antagonists - SP, C and myself.

I'm sorry if that sounded obnoxious to you, that was not the intention.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 12, 2011 1:21 pm

[quote="CroMagnon"]
seven wrote:

seven wrote:Upps is here .

In another handle? Openly or is it merely a conjecture?

Son, Everyone is everywhere and in everyone at anytime or all the time.

Here - Take this Vibhuti Prasad. May God bless you.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu May 12, 2011 1:24 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Here - Take this Vibhuti Prasad. May God bless you.
Why are you being mean to an atheist?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 12, 2011 1:24 pm

Impedimenta wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:

what is big? "antagonist" or "pioneer?' you want to be pioneer? i am shooting an email to admin to make you admin in place of admin right now. considering the clout i have with the admin here, trust me, you will have the admin console glittering before your eyes tomorrow. consider it a done deal. but, also, you cannot back out now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next