Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many posts sofar today?

+2
doofus_maximus
indophile
6 posters

Go down

How many posts sofar today? Empty How many posts sofar today?

Post by indophile Wed May 11, 2011 1:35 pm

How many posts were posted on this forum today since say 8 hours ago (i.e., since 6 PM EST)?

For comparison, I counted the number in Sulekha CH. There were about 150 posts there in that time period.

Not that the comparison is significant (may be even apples - oranges), but still ...

indophile

Back to top Go down

How many posts sofar today? Empty Re: How many posts sofar today?

Post by doofus_maximus Wed May 11, 2011 1:37 pm

90% of which were spam by CH news or cegensoft or muthukumar probably..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed May 11, 2011 1:37 pm

How many ppl are still obessessed with old CH?

Count 1 - Indo!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 11, 2011 1:43 pm

indophile wrote:How many posts were posted on this forum today since say 8 hours ago (i.e., since 6 PM EST)?

For comparison, I counted the number in Sulekha CH. There were about 150 posts there in that time period.

Not that the comparison is significant (may be even apples - oranges), but still ...
One problem with this forum platform is that it understates the amount of activity here. It only shows latest topics, not latest posts. I am talking to the admins about adding that feature.

If you look at the statistics link below, you will see that we run at over 300 posts on average a day (including weekends which are slow). And we don't have Muthukumarr and Sulekha News spam.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 11, 2011 1:44 pm

Sasthi wrote:How many ppl are still obessessed with old CH?

Count 1 - Indo!

Not obsessed, just curious.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Wed May 11, 2011 1:45 pm

indophile wrote:For comparison, I counted the number in Sulekha CH. There were about 150 posts there in that time period.

How many of them can you still read without doing View -> Source?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 11, 2011 1:54 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
indophile wrote:For comparison, I counted the number in Sulekha CH. There were about 150 posts there in that time period.

How many of them can you still read without doing View -> Source?

Did not make any attempt to read. Just counted the first 3 pages of the table on the Sulekha CH (about 50 posts per page, before the 8 hour limit was hit).
I guess a better statistic would be - how many posters? Then, all those muthukumars will count as 1:-)

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Wed May 11, 2011 2:10 pm

charvaka wrote:
indophile wrote:How many posts were posted on this forum today since say 8 hours ago (i.e., since 6 PM EST)?

One problem with this forum platform is that it understates the amount of activity here. It only shows latest topics, not latest posts. I am talking to the admins about adding that feature.

If you look at the statistics link below, you will see that we run at over 300 posts on average a day (including weekends which are slow). And we don't have Muthukumarr and Sulekha News spam.

That would be great.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 11, 2011 2:22 pm

It will be nice if a different color for posters' names is possible. It makes you look for the name right now, instead of affording immediate recognition.

Of course, I realize it's easier to dispense advice than actually doing something.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed May 11, 2011 3:00 pm

Eye balling the main forum and looking only at threads started today and citing the number of replies to those threads only I counted over 160 posts. And we had many posts on older threads which I did not count. And no spam here in this count.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down