Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

mini crisis

+2
Hellsangel
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

mini crisis Empty mini crisis

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:20 pm

daughter wants to go to a friend's place at 4:30. baby sitter cannot stay past 5. She can drop her, but what about son? I cannot be back home before 6:30 pm, and even that's too early for me.

I am giving 3 options...

1) leave him with neighbor if mom agrees (already 5 kids, so son't know). So, no.
2) wait till I come home. NOOO (or dad - Rolling Eyes, ya, well all know he will panic even if you mention it).
3) take son with you to friend's place, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What is so wrong about option 3?

I even offered I will pick him back as soon as I can. But she doesn't want to be the loser who tags younger brother around. Why? So many people do that. Bring younger sibling to a party or a hangout.

So anyway... for now, she is making peace with going at 6:30 instead of 4:30. Let's see.

Back to top Go down

mini crisis Empty Re: mini crisis

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:24 pm

Sister does not want to go with brother, soon the son will not want to go with mother, and mother does not want to go with husband, and the husband does not want to go with anyone.

Looks like you are leading a very happy married life - like every married person.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:33 pm

Oh! I thought you were going to talk about whether you were buying the GTI or the Cooper.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:46 pm

In cases like this...I always tend to get the kids opinion first...tell him a scenario. "What will you do?" Imagina this scenario that you are married and have kids and they do the same...how do you handle it?"

My ds will say..."Mom! Forget it I am not going!".

"Why da?"

"If I were a parent I wouldn't send my kids to sleep over!"

"Okay...lets talk about it later..."

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 02, 2012 5:17 pm

cute.

well, for now, the older one has agreed to take the younger one along, and the friend has agreed too. But 'he has to' get picked up by 6:30 pm. (hehehe, doesn't seem like it).

So far so good, until the younger one begins protesting too. Now that would be a bigger mini crisis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:27 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:daughter wants to go to a friend's place at 4:30. baby sitter cannot stay past 5. She can drop her, but what about son? I cannot be back home before 6:30 pm, and even that's too early for me.

I am giving 3 options...

1) leave him with neighbor if mom agrees (already 5 kids, so son't know). So, no.
2) wait till I come home. NOOO (or dad - Rolling Eyes, ya, well all know he will panic even if you mention it).
3) take son with you to friend's place, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

What is so wrong about option 3?

I even offered I will pick him back as soon as I can. But she doesn't want to be the loser who tags younger brother around. Why? So many people do that. Bring younger sibling to a party or a hangout.

So anyway... for now, she is making peace with going at 6:30 instead of 4:30. Let's see.

>>>Hmm--(1) Have baby sitter go to friend's house with daughter and son and bring back friend to your place before 5. You drop off dtr and friend at friend's place after 6:30. Give dtr the incentive of hanging out with friend a couple of extra hours after that.

(2) E mail babysitter's pic to father advising she is new (pic maybe ann hathaway/halle berry/ ms.kaif/p.chopra depending on father's preference). Father dashes home, reality sets in, but your babysitting problem is solved.

You are welcome! Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:31 am

Kris wrote:
(2) E mail babysitter's pic to father advising she is new (pic maybe ann hathaway/halle berry/ ms.kaif/p.chopra depending on father's preference). Father dashes home, reality sets in, but your babysitting problem is solved.

You are welcome! Smile

This is where a secret boyfriend comes in Handy....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:25 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Kris wrote:

You are welcome! Smile

kaji pudchavan. kaluthae!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:16 am

Rashmun wrote:
Kris wrote:

You are welcome! Smile

What language synthesis is the above, Rashmun?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:39 am

blabberwock wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Kris wrote:

You are welcome! Smile

i thought exchanging thamizh insults with Uppili would help me improve my thamizh vocabulary.

Back to top Go down

Post by Black Swan Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:42 am

Dear Tracy, I hope someone on the site gave you suggestions to solve your crisis, or just heard you out as you wished. Somethings never change. I am glad to see that we are still synthesizing language, caste and history on the new site.

Black Swan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:45 am

Rashmun wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
Kris wrote:

You are welcome! Smile

i thought exchanging thamizh insults with Uppili would help me improve my thamizh vocabulary.

Is that Tamil? 'kazhuthae' is donkey but the rest makes no sense (to me anyway!)

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:54 am

blabberwock wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
blabberwock wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

Is that Tamil? 'kazhuthae' is donkey but the rest makes no sense (to me anyway!)

yes it is tamil. Colloquial tamil (Madras Bhashai) though. in pure tamil, kaji pudchavan means kama veriyan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madras_Bashai

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:43 pm

blabberwock wrote:

it doesn't make any sense to me either. but we should expect to be subjected to more such gems from cut-and-paste-chaturvedi.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Update:

Sonny turned out to be the hit of the party. Infact, I was to go pick him at 6:30-7:00, but she asked me no need to. Initially he was shy and watched tv, but then he got into playing all the games. He won 2-3 games. Additionally, since he was around, the 'truth-or-dare' and 'what-if' games didn't get too racy. More than that, he began giving dares to people, and those turned out to be a riot. They all were like, 'omg your brother is much cooler than you are'.

All daddy's [partying] traits in him. Like kinnu would say, 'SighO!'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:Update:

All daddy's [partying] traits in him. Like kinnu would say, 'SighO!'

Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down