Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anyone who make/bake bread at home?

2 posters

Go down

Anyone who make/bake bread at home? Empty Anyone who make/bake bread at home?

Post by FluteHolder Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:43 pm

I know Bittu makes bread at home.

How much time it takes to make one loaf of bread and anyone tried making something like 'Garlic Baguette' from WholeFoods?

Thanks

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Anyone who make/bake bread at home? Empty Re: Anyone who make/bake bread at home?

Post by Bittu Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Total time from mixing ingredients to cool-down and slicing, 3-4 hours. One loaf will take 3-4 hrs. Four loaves will take 3.25 - 4.25 hrs.

I have made baguettes, no problems. What's your concern?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Anyone who make/bake bread at home? Empty Re: Anyone who make/bake bread at home?

Post by Bittu Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:56 pm

Let me try to break it down, how long it takes me for 3 loaves:

Assembling and mixing all the ingredients into dough: 20 mins
Rising: 90 mins
Baking: 30 mins
Cooldown: 45-60 mins
Slicing/bagging: 10 minutes

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:07 pm

Thanks for your info. Do you use regular kitchen range based oven or any special bread maker? Can you recommend a good one? If you have made garlic baguettes can u share the recipe?

Best flours(wheat based)? And shelf life for 1 week if you make 2 loafs per week?

Thanks again.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:19 pm

I make 3 loaves at once. Can't do that in a bread maker. You want to make baguettes? Can't do those in a bread maker either. Use a regular oven.

Just go with this recipe: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/french-baguettes/ and add garlic flakes. Personally, I prefer to have garlic in the spread/oil that I'm going to eat the bread with. That way you don't have the whole damn loaf taste garlicky.

I usually do 3 loaves at a time. They get finished over 2-3 weeks by 4 consumers. I don't use wheat flours for the most part. The best all-purpose flour is King Arthur.

Here's a photu of regular sammich bread I bake:

Anyone who make/bake bread at home? DSC_4567

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down