Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Book of Esther

4 posters

Go down

The Book of Esther Empty The Book of Esther

Post by Hellsangel Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:50 pm

http://religion.blogs.cnn.com/2012/03/08/my-take-does-netanyahus-bible-gift-to-obama-mean-war/?hpt=hp_t2
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

The Book of Esther Empty Re: The Book of Esther

Post by Maria S Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:27 pm

You know how to set the bait and make me respond..don't you?
Wonder if anyone here is really interested in Esther or Book of Esther..but, since I am temporarily hooked..

Interesting choice of gifts..not too subtle, but smart:) And the fabulous Biblical scholar that Pres.Obama is..would love to hear what he thinks about Esther and who his fav. woma/en in the Bible is/are! Esther in spite of her beauty, loyalty..and many other good qualities..can't say she is among my favs.

I have already expressed how I feel about the Israeli-Palestinian issues..

On a more personal level..I always had this strange like-dislike (to put it mildly) attitude about Benjamin N..am always a little curious/fascinated about him..think it started many, many years ago..in a nice house with a beautiful garden..there was a book club which used to meet every month..so many interesting people who used to come and participate..some very well known..some regular folks..During one such meetings, my grandfather reviewed a book called "90 minutes at Entebbe"..about the Israeli operation in Uganda..first heard the name Netanyahu..a brave young commando who was killed in the operation..of course I was always in awe of any brave person he talked about! And it was Jonathan Netanyahu..the brother of Benjamin..who was at Harvard, but decided to go back and join the army and etc. I have listened to Bibi talk about his brother..and how close he was to him. I can somewhat understand how it must have hardened him, think he is smart and and was handsome during his younger days..but am also plainly repulsed by the hard stances he almost always takes with Palestinians..

I just hope he reads some of the New Testament too..and gains some wisdom..is extremely cautious and does not only make bad decisions for his own people..but, not drag the US and the entire world in.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:23 am

Maria S wrote:You know how to set the bait and make me respond..don't you?.
Matthew 4:19
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:53 am

Good Morning Angel!

How can I put this gently..you are an Angel, but not HIM:)

Anyways, on a humorous note..they say, HE said that because those disciples were all men, esp. fishermen and they could relate to it. That kind of fishing bait and "fishing for folks" would never work with a woman!

At least in the South..fishing has it's special place..I am always amused when I hear Brad's song! Not sure if you'all fancy people can relate to it!

Speaking of you'all..what's up with your candidate Romney, he's down here in the South..calling it an "away game"..have to learn to say "you'all" and "I want some grits"..which century does he live in- poor man!

*A normal response to me can be nice too..surprise me, sometimes!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:21 am

besides having decent looks Maria there is not much to like for me about B Netanyahu
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 09, 2012 10:25 am

He has some rare moments..when he seems mildly charming and barely reasonable!

Beyond that..kind of repulsive.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:11 pm

Maria S wrote:You know how to set the bait and make me respond..don't you?
Wonder if anyone here is really interested in Esther or Book of Esther..but, since I am temporarily hooked..

Interesting choice of gifts..not too subtle, but smart:) And the fabulous Biblical scholar that Pres.Obama is..would love to hear what he thinks about Esther and who his fav. woma/en in the Bible is/are! Esther in spite of her beauty, loyalty..and many other good qualities..can't say she is among my favs.

I have already expressed how I feel about the Israeli-Palestinian issues..

On a more personal level..I always had this strange like-dislike (to put it mildly) attitude about Benjamin N..am always a little curious/fascinated about him..think it started many, many years ago..in a nice house with a beautiful garden..there was a book club which used to meet every month..so many interesting people who used to come and participate..some very well known..some regular folks..During one such meetings, my grandfather reviewed a book called "90 minutes at Entebbe"..about the Israeli operation in Uganda..first heard the name Netanyahu..a brave young commando who was killed in the operation..of course I was always in awe of any brave person he talked about! And it was Jonathan Netanyahu..the brother of Benjamin..who was at Harvard, but decided to go back and join the army and etc. I have listened to Bibi talk about his brother..and how close he was to him. I can somewhat understand how it must have hardened him, think he is smart and and was handsome during his younger days..but am also plainly repulsed by the hard stances he almost always takes with Palestinians..

I just hope he reads some of the New Testament too..and gains some wisdom..is extremely cautious and does not only make bad decisions for his own people..but, not drag the US and the entire world in.

>>>>I vaguely remember reading (or seeing in the movie) that Joni Netanyahu went to Yale or was working on a philosophy (grad) degree at the time of the Entebbe rescue. The only israeli commando who died in the rescue. My personal view on BN is that he sees Israel as being in a tough neighborhood, where the others can turn on it anytime. What may seem extreme from an outsider's perspective may be a proactive approach to self-protection. No matter what "peace" is wangled, it can easily slip away in this part of the world, because of the tense dynamic between the Islamic countries and Israel. This is not to excuse all israel's actions, but it is a reality that needs to be taken into consideration when we look at israeli politics.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:19 pm

Maria S wrote:I just hope he reads some of the New Testament too..and gains some wisdom..is extremely cautious and does not only make bad decisions for his own people..but, not drag the US and the entire world in.

Like the book of Revelations?

http://worldnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/03/09/10613560-with-tensions-high-in-mideast-evangelical-christians-tighten-embrace-of-israel
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:38 pm

No.

Def. not like the book of Revelations.

I would think, anyone who follows my posts even somewhat closely..knows clearly how I feel about some things, including the Book of Revelations Smile!

This is not the surprise from you I was looking for!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:42 pm

Kris,

It's nice to know that you even remembered Yoni!

Sure, your perspective has a lot of validity..before a lot of lives are lost and cost of wars explode, just hope every possible diplomatic resolution is considered.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:13 pm

Maria S wrote:No.

Def. not like the book of Revelations.

I would think, anyone who follows my posts even somewhat closely..knows clearly how I feel about some things, including the Book of Revelations Smile!

This is not the surprise from you I was looking for!

Good Afternoon, Maria!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:24 pm

Smile

Hey..well, I guess you do know me..I'll take any good, any time..

Speaking of good..here's a good song for you..hope you like it..knowing you, I may never know!

So, I'll just say...have a good day Angel!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down