Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sonia Gandhi, one of the world's richest politicians

+2
Merlot Daruwala
MulaiAzhagi
6 posters

Go down

Sonia Gandhi, one of the world's richest politicians Empty Sonia Gandhi, one of the world's richest politicians

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:10 pm

http://www.worlds-luxury-guide.com/Luxury-News/433295/List-Worlds-Richest-Politicians

===> Fourth Richest!

Does she has more money than Karunanidhi?

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Sonia Gandhi, one of the world's richest politicians Empty Re: Sonia Gandhi, one of the world's richest politicians

Post by Guest Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:15 pm

2-19 billion? Such a wide a range!

What will she do with all the money? How much does one require to be happy?

Back to top Go down

Sonia Gandhi, one of the world's richest politicians Empty Re: Sonia Gandhi, one of the world's richest politicians

Post by Merlot Daruwala Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:36 am

kinnera wrote:2-19 billion? Such a wide a range!

Who cares? The question is how did she amass such wealth. It could only have come from illegal means considering that she comes from a middle-class family and her official sources of income from the various positions she holds would not account for it.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:46 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

Who cares? The question is how did she amass such wealth. It could only have come from illegal means considering that she comes from a middle-class family and her official sources of income from the various positions she holds would not account for it.

>>>As Mrs. Marcos famously said and it applies to Ms. Gandhi as well, they lived frugally.

Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 am

i don't know about the authenticity of such numbers, but having more money than others should play a part in making anyone happy. certainly. everybody wants to be wealthy and wealther than others. sure, you can't possibly use all that money ever, but that feeling of having it and knowing that it is 10X more than the guy next in the list should send anyone on a joy trip.

my great british uncle mike gardner once told me "say, listen, vintoo, alcohol starts as fun and then you get addicted to it because it becomes your necessity. say, listen, money is your necessity to begin with but then you get addicted to it and you amass it for fun."

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:50 am

my great british uncle mike gardner once told me "say, listen, vintoo, alcohol starts as fun and then you get addicted to it because it becomes your necessity. say, listen, money is your necessity to begin with but then you get addicted to it and you amass it for fun."

_______

Vintoo,

My great British friend Mrs. Mike Gardner once told me "I am not sure, what to do with this husband of mine..he constantly lectures me about money, the man won't let me shop till I drop"..Smile It's a small world!

Seriously..the quote pretty much says it. No matter how much one has..not a bad idea to have some fun..and not become arrogant..keep things in some perspective..be generous.

Sonia, always seems sad..with all that power and money- never seen her say anything funny or really interesting! But, who knows? She may be different in private. Perceptions can be completely different from reality.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:56 am

i agree, maria, that sonia gandhi looks sad most of the time. there are some exceptions like the following picture.

Sonia Gandhi, one of the world's richest politicians Cbd85b10-d5b2-4e4a-bcea-f388e088702bHiRes

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:00 am

Honestly, this is the first time..I have seen Mom-Daughter being playful..or happy together.

It is sweet- seems real..thank you for sharing this pic. Gives me some new perspective now:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:38 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:

She comes a middle-class family but she married very rich, didn't she? As my father says it, Motilal and his forbears made enough money for seven generations or more to eat through.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down