Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

100th ton?

4 posters

Go down

100th ton? Empty 100th ton?

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:21 am

Reading all over fb about srt's 100th ton. How come no posts here yet? Where are taz, ab, max, upps?

Back to top Go down

100th ton? Empty Re: 100th ton?

Post by Another Brick Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:36 am

it is a meaningless statistic which was hyped up by the media and fanboys. i don't know about others, but i was not getting excited about it at all. i am going to keep my TV set switched off for the next week. and i may not read any newspaper for about 2-3 days.

here - http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine/content/current/story/557263.html

What does Tendulkar think about the quest? He cares enough to keep chasing it, but maybe the media and the ex-players and the manic fans are missing the point. Scoring the century doesn't define his career, but the chasing of it does, the willingness to risk failing for the chance of success. In the past year, Sachin hasn't blasphemed his career. He has reaffirmed it. The failure to achieve this one thing opens a rare window into the cost of all that's been achieved already, and elevates, for a moment, the attempt above the result.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:41 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Reading all over fb about srt's 100th ton. How come no posts here yet? Where are taz, ab, max, upps?

i never cared about this so called landmark invented by the media entirely. i said so right in the beginning. celbrating this ODI ton against bangladesh as if it is on par with tons scored in tests against england, south africa, australia, and pakistan is a mockery of the man and his achievements. what's really surprising is tendulkar taking it seriously!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Mar 16, 2012 7:47 am

but since i'm a fan of his, if it makes him happy, i'm happy for him.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:29 am

you know how much it matters for the media (and only media) when you see this news above the budget news in all national dailies. go, check out toi dot com, hindustantimes dot com, indian express dot com and even your local dailies.

and here's what he had to say about the circus -

"It's been a tough phase for me. I started off the season batting reasonably well, i was luckless. I was not thinking about the milestone, the media started all this, where ever I went, the restaurant, room service, everyone was talking about the 100th hundred. Nobody talked about my 99 hundreds"

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:36 am

Another Brick wrote:you know how much it matters for the media (and only media) when you see this news above the budget news in all national dailies. go, check out toi dot com, hindustantimes dot com, indian express dot com and even your local dailies.

and here's what he had to say about the circus -

"It's been a tough phase for me. I started off the season batting reasonably well, i was luckless. I was not thinking about the milestone, the media started all this, where ever I went, the restaurant, room service, everyone was talking about the 100th hundred. Nobody talked about my 99 hundreds"

Glad he recognized this and did bring it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:13 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:Reading all over fb about srt's 100th ton. How come no posts here yet? Where are taz, ab, max, upps?

i never cared about this so called landmark invented by the media entirely. i said so right in the beginning. celbrating this ODI ton against bangladesh as if it is on par with tons scored in tests against england, south africa, australia, and pakistan is a mockery of the man and his achievements. what's really surprising is tendulkar taking it seriously!

I think he got caught in the media vortex.

Anyways, time for him to retire gracefully. He has nothing to prove to anyone. But I think he will play out at least this season.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:49 am

rofl

This disgraces the previous 99 centuries.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down