Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Divorce law in India

3 posters

Go down

New Divorce law in India Empty New Divorce law in India

Post by indophile Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:06 pm

It seems they are going to make getting a divorce easy in India. It looks like the process will be easier if a woman wants a divorce than when a man wants it (All that is needed is - "I cannot get along with him." Cooling off period could be anywhere from 1 day to 6 months. Progress, progress, progress....

http://www.indiablooms.com/NewsDetailsPage/2012/newsDetails230312b1.php

indophile

Back to top Go down

New Divorce law in India Empty Re: New Divorce law in India

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Mar 23, 2012 11:47 pm

indophile wrote:It seems they are going to make getting a divorce easy in India. It looks like the process will be easier if a woman wants a divorce than when a man wants it (All that is needed is - "I cannot get along with him." Cooling off period could be anywhere from 1 day to 6 months. Progress, progress, progress....

I read this at work and thought....goodiee...the liars will begint to make big bucks now. Prenupt will become a MUST. The ABornCD marrying ABoundCD will have to be doubly careful and sign a prenupt.Not to mention the family property issues etc.. Bcz unlike in US, the in-laws in India play a MAJOR role - read interference - in new marriages with the aim of taking "control".

Living together will dramatically increase as a result of this.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:55 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
indophile wrote:It seems they are going to make getting a divorce easy in India. It looks like the process will be easier if a woman wants a divorce than when a man wants it (All that is needed is - "I cannot get along with him." Cooling off period could be anywhere from 1 day to 6 months. Progress, progress, progress....

I read this at work and thought....goodiee...the liars will begint to make big bucks now. Prenupt will become a MUST. The ABornCD marrying ABoundCD will have to be doubly careful and sign a prenupt.Not to mention the family property issues etc.. Bcz unlike in US, the in-laws in India play a MAJOR role - read interference - in new marriages with the aim of taking "control".

Is there any possibility the world will end in 2012 also as a result of this? I already sold all my stocks, so kinda hoping for that outcome. Hope you can make that happen.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:10 am

charvaka wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

Is there any possibility the world will end in 2012 also as a result of this? I already sold all my stocks, so kinda hoping for that outcome. Hope you can make that happen.

It is likely to happen only if you had not sold your stocks....Razz

But, think about the possibilities ? Do you think it will have ZERO effect ? Do you think people will marry more out of love and divorces decrease ? So if you now think about the law, my prediction is more likely. Also, changes in India are not new... It is just catching up fast with Europe and US laws, and hence, the culture also is likely to follow along similar lines.

Logic and common sense baba... think now...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down