Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the divorce surge is over

3 posters

Go down

the divorce surge is over Empty the divorce surge is over

Post by Guest Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:57 pm

.. guess in india it's only beginning

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/02/upshot/the-divorce-surge-is-over-but-the-myth-lives-on.html

But here is the thing: It is no longer true that the divorce rate is rising, or that half of all marriages end in divorce. It has not been for some time. Even though social scientists have tried to debunk those myths, somehow the conventional wisdom has held.

Despite hand-wringing about the institution of marriage, marriages in this country are stronger today than they have been in a long time. The divorce rate peaked in the 1970s and early 1980s and has been declining for the three decades since.

About 70 percent of marriages that began in the 1990s reached their 15th anniversary (excluding those in which a spouse died), up from about 65 percent of those that began in the 1970s and 1980s. Those who married in the 2000s are so far divorcing at even lower rates. If current trends continue, nearly two-thirds of marriages will never involve a divorce, according to data from Justin Wolfers, a University of Michigan economist (who also contributes to The Upshot).

Back to top Go down

the divorce surge is over Empty Re: the divorce surge is over

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:13 pm

Over generations, youth has learnt the high price to pay for divorce vs. hippies in 70s.

IMHO, any man or woman who can not live with any other man or woman does NOT have the mindset for the institution of marriage. 

Criminals, Frauds aside.

Normal humans. I agree that "being human" is rare these days.

Keeping such exceptions aside, most spouses cannot even tell clearly what their issue is? [I had to listen to this shyt last month, and I just said - I aint a counselor by any means, but I fail to understand, you just want to vent, and I am all ears - unfortunately, thats all there is to it - someone who listens!]

Men or women, who are determined to attach much importance to their relationships - be it Mother, father, sister, brother - are more likely to attach to their spouse as well. A man with sister(s), or a woman with brother(s) has a higher chance to be rounded up, as a spouse, or respect towards opposite gender.

random musings,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by TruthSeeker Mon Mar 16, 2015 9:44 pm

#1 reason for divorce in this world is?

Love?

Romance?

Nope.

Its money.

Kills the romance totally, doesn't it?

Marriages work because spouses sacrifice, and are not selfish.

If money is the #1 reason for divorce, one must question their definition of "love"?

G'nite,
TS.

TruthSeeker

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:08 pm

Noooo... This can't be happening.

I'm still married.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 pm

southindian wrote:Noooo... This can't be happening.

I'm still married.

Whenever some female - say secretary or other new co-worker - asks me if I am married, my stock answer - unfortunately yes.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down