Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome to the United States

2 posters

Go down

Welcome to the United States Empty Welcome to the United States

Post by charvaka Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:53 am

Got the card in the mail today, after a five-year long process. No more visits to the US consulate in Hyderabad for a visa. Yay. But I still have to let the stupid Department of Homeland Security know within 10 days if I move house. I was hoping that stupid requirement goes away with this new status, but no. At least my airport security badge won't expire in 6 months any more. And the brochure that came with the card reminds me: "The U.S. government is a government of, by, and for the people. This means that people can shape the government and its policies."
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the United States Empty Re: Welcome to the United States

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 24, 2012 1:56 am

charvaka wrote:Got the card in the mail today, after a five-year long process. No more visits to the US consulate in Hyderabad for a visa. Yay. But I still have to let the stupid Department of Homeland Security know within 10 days if I move house. I was hoping that stupid requirement goes away with this new status, but no. At least my airport security badge won't expire in 6 months any more. And the brochure that came with the card reminds me: "The U.S. government is a government of, by, and for the people. This means that people can shape the government and its policies."

I bet it is not as exciting as you were when you got your first US driving license....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:09 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
charvaka wrote:Got the card in the mail today, after a five-year long process. No more visits to the US consulate in Hyderabad for a visa. Yay. But I still have to let the stupid Department of Homeland Security know within 10 days if I move house. I was hoping that stupid requirement goes away with this new status, but no. At least my airport security badge won't expire in 6 months any more. And the brochure that came with the card reminds me: "The U.S. government is a government of, by, and for the people. This means that people can shape the government and its policies."

I bet it is not as exciting as you were when you got your first US driving license....
So true. I was more excited when I passed the driving test.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Mar 24, 2012 2:11 am

charvaka wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

So true. I was more excited when I passed the driving test.

See now accept that I am a good observer of life and human reactions and feelings....Wink

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down