Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Election results

+6
confuzzled dude
artood2
MaxEntropy_Man
Nila
Impedimenta
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
10 posters

Go down

Election results Empty Election results

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 13, 2011 12:06 am

Looks like ADMK is leading DMK by almost a 4 : 1 ratio.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Election results Empty Re: Election results

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 13, 2011 12:19 am

For trends and results:

http://eciresults.nic.in/

In TN ADMK leading 130+ and DMK in 30+ seats.

Kerala neck and neck

West Bengal: Trinamool+Cong leading CPM by 2: 1

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri May 13, 2011 9:00 am

saamiyar,
Sweeping victory for amma. that sent stalin weeping into his dad's arms. you see what i did there? rabbit

i was listening to her speak and have to say she comes across much better than the senile old man. she is multilingual and her English is very good.

For the first time, i heard a state head speak about economy of TN in the global level and it made sense to at least listen to it. not that i expect anything to happen. just saying.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 13, 2011 11:29 am

Impedimenta wrote:saamiyar,
Sweeping victory for amma. that sent stalin weeping into his dad's arms. you see what i did there? rabbit

i was listening to her speak and have to say she comes across much better than the senile old man. she is multilingual and her English is very good.

For the first time, i heard a state head speak about economy of TN in the global level and it made sense to at least listen to it. not that i expect anything to happen. just saying.

She looks more diplomatic and learned compared to Mayawati and Mamata. MK talked about his family business going Global, and Jaya talks about Global business coming to Tamil Family.

Time for Jaya to be more innovative in Looting the State - hope she learnt a lesson from 2G.

She has shown that one nee not Pander to the Muslims and berate hindus to win. Hopefully, she would do more for Hindus and temples - more openly. She allocated money for daily poojas and land revenue to the temples in the 90s. She should make all temples flourish with non-interference.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 12:27 pm

Finally the Mummy is back!

Jaya Ho!

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 12:29 pm

I watched the ppl dancing on TV celebrating the victory of Jaya Lalita...I put that in my one of the to-do list before I die! I want to dance like that wearing a green saree showing my support to the CM.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri May 13, 2011 12:31 pm

don't know what the excitement is all about. thamizhars are just trading one looter for another.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 12:32 pm

Finally the Mummy is back!

Sorry! It is supposed to be "Finally - The Mummy Returns!"

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri May 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:saamiyar,

She looks more diplomatic and learned compared to Mayawati and Mamata. MK talked about his family business going Global, and Jaya talks about Global business coming to Tamil Family.Time for Jaya to be more innovative in Looting the State - hope she learnt a lesson from 2G.

She has shown that one nee not Pander to the Muslims and berate hindus to win. Hopefully, she would do more for Hindus and temples - more openly. She allocated money for daily poojas and land revenue to the temples in the 90s. She should make all temples flourish with non-interference.

saamiyar, you should be in politics. just saying. i'll vote for you. but i will ask you what you can do for me, the citizen.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 13, 2011 1:19 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:don't know what the excitement is all about. thamizhars are just trading one looter for another.

Agree... the only hope is that Jaya will do a little more and hopefully all the recent scams will make her loot a little less.

But, what MK did during this term was mere outrage. He simply made his family into a big business house. What took TATAs and Birlas 80 years and Ambanis 30 years, MK family achieved the same within 5 years.

At least Jaya is LEGALLY a single and cannot hide EVERYTHING in her name.

But again, it is all just a HOPE at this point.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri May 13, 2011 1:24 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:don't know what the excitement is all about. thamizhars are just trading one looter for another.

Agree... the only hope is that Jaya will do a little more and hopefully all the recent scams will make her loot a little less.

But, what MK did during this term was mere outrage. He simply made his family into a big business house. What took TATAs and Birlas 80 years and Ambanis 30 years, MK family achieved the same within 5 years.

At least Jaya is LEGALLY a single and cannot hide EVERYTHING in her name.

But again, it is all just a HOPE at this point.

Yes...MK's relatives abruptly misused him...only coz they knew that after him they won't get another chance, can't blame them. Jaya also gonna loot, but may not impact the avg citizen. MK know about them and even though with so many kids...he knows that none of them can be leaders.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 13, 2011 1:27 pm

blind faith... No doubt TN sees such massive swings from poll to poll.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri May 13, 2011 1:29 pm

artood2 wrote:blind faith... No doubt TN sees such massive swings from poll to poll.

What is unforgiveable is the windfall for the drunkard Vijayakanth. Just imagine how arrogant this Drunken Fatso will become now that he has won more seats than DMK.

Thats like seeing a dark cloud rise on the horizon on a bright day.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Fri May 13, 2011 1:32 pm

In 5 years, the winds will blow the opposite ways and things will be opposite of what they are now.

Why do you think Jaya will not steal. She had Shashikala and she had her "son". Her "son's" wedding was a glittering event literally. Her highhandedness against Hindu is not the stuff of democracies.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Sat May 14, 2011 10:09 pm

artood2 wrote:blind faith... No doubt TN sees such massive swings from poll to poll.

What is unforgiveable is the windfall for the drunkard Vijayakanth. Just imagine how arrogant this Drunken Fatso will become now that he has won more seats than DMK.

Thats like seeing a dark cloud rise on the horizon on a bright day.

Long live Captain (for deputy CM) tongue

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon May 16, 2011 7:44 am

why do tamil brahmins complain that brahmins in TN are marginalized? this woman has been elected for the top job for a third time. look, priyamvadai murgdossai (iyengar) and uppilisamy natarajan are celebrating, delighted with the fact that a brahmin is controlling the state now.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Mon May 16, 2011 8:20 am

Another Brick wrote:why do tamil brahmins complain that brahmins in TN are marginalized? this woman has been elected for the top job for a third time. look, priyamvadai murgdossai (iyengar) and uppilisamy natarajan are celebrating, delighted with the fact that a brahmin is controlling the state now.

JJ is a special case.. she ingratiated well with the non-brahmins and they revere her.. all the brahmins love her because she is one of them. She tiptoes that line very well.

Her handling of temples and their admin also helped her win the minds of brahmins..
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 16, 2011 8:33 am

Another Brick wrote:why do tamil brahmins complain that brahmins in TN are marginalized? this woman has been elected for the top job for a third time. look, priyamvadai murgdossai (iyengar) and uppilisamy natarajan are celebrating, delighted with the fact that a brahmin is controlling the state now.

vinodini, stop spreading stories first thing monday morning.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon May 16, 2011 9:07 am

doofus_maximus wrote:
she ingratiated well with the non-brahmins and they revere her..

are you referring to shashikala?

Priyamvadai Murgdossai wrote:

iyer it is then. CH once informed me that iyers are go-getters and iyengars are not. are you a go-getter?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Mon May 16, 2011 10:08 am

Shows that you don't know much about TN politics. Her temple projects in the 90s were welcomed by every hindu. Brahmins in TN are sissies and would pray inside their homes if there were no temples, and would never fight. It is the other non-Brahmin communities that were happier.

Second, JJ is the lesser of the two evils...AT PRESENT. The MK conglomerate was finding ways to use their power to expand their financial house in any which way they can. If A. Raja a distant relative, and a 2-year MP Kanimozhi could indulge in 100s of crores corruption/bribe, imagine the extent of involvement of Stalin, Alagiri, MK, Maran, etc.

In 5 years, ppl will get sick of JJ and will bring back Kani Mozhi as the CM (Make a note - just like the CPM will win back in Bengal against the arrogant loud mothed Mamata).

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon May 16, 2011 11:22 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: Shows that you don't know much about TN politics.

that is true. but you have not quite convinced me why non-brahmins vote for her. temple project could hardly be the reason. don't underestimate the irrationality of voters. even if they know she is not as bad as k'nidhi, when it comes to voting, they can vote for him just to prevent a brahmin from coming to power. what about her cronies? are they brahmins or non-brahmins?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 16, 2011 11:44 am

Priyamvadai Murgdossai wrote:

iyer it is then. CH once informed me that iyers are go-getters and iyengars are not. are you a go-getter? [/quote]

depends on what i am go getting.....

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 16, 2011 11:48 am

iyers are goat getters

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Mon May 16, 2011 11:51 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:iyers are goat getters
You mean cabrones?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 16, 2011 11:55 am

cabrones that are slung wei wei low, yessir

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon May 16, 2011 11:56 am

hee hee @ goat getters.

CH once confided in me that iyers are go-getters and iyengars, who are usually good for nothing, are go-getter-getters. iyengar women fall for dashing iyers and trap them.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon May 16, 2011 11:58 am

Another Brick wrote:hee hee @ goat getters.

CH once confided in me that iyers are go-getters and iyengars, who are usually good for nothing, are go-getter-getters. iyengar women fall for dashing iyers and trap them.

you should stop listening to what CH says and get into the kitchen right now. its 11:57 here and i am still waiting for my lunch to be served.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 16, 2011 11:58 am

was this stereotype perpetuated by that exclusive iyer seoulhack?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 16, 2011 11:59 am

hells, I mistook "br" for "j". heh@your word play

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon May 16, 2011 12:04 pm

i rarely read seoulhaq's swahili posts here. but the claim made by an iyer here was never questioned. we have a Northindian mole (sillkaur arora) in a southindian family who may challenge it soon.

@PM i just came out of the kitchen. i ate aloo-gobhi (no kidding), leftover chicken curry and aamras.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon May 16, 2011 12:09 pm

I've heard it too. dont recall if it was murali or kathik that said it...it appears that the iyengars are getting all the good goats.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down