Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

maya > jaya

2 posters

Go down

maya > jaya  Empty maya > jaya

Post by Another Brick Fri May 13, 2011 4:14 am

it is no mean feat to lead a state beating all your rivals in the opposition party and within the party. both these women have done that, yet i think maya > jaya.

jayalalitha was an actress. we all know tamilians' love for film personalities. and if CH grapevine is to be believed, she had a special relationship with MGR which jump-started her political career. she then hung on to her position within the party and came to power multiple times. no trivial achievement, all right.

but mayawati had no such boosters in her career. she was kanshiram's protege, a favourite one, all right, but it is hard to think he chose her for reasons other than her skills and capabilities (unlike MGR). despite her statue-fetish, you have to give it to her for beating all odds and ruling a state.

maya > jaya and hence NI > SI

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

maya > jaya  Empty Re: maya > jaya

Post by Guest Fri May 13, 2011 4:28 am

agree with your analysis. even mamata > jaya. mamata has been struggling for the last 30+ years and she has taken a lot of beating literally. my first encounter with her was in the 70s. i was a kid then and had gone with my cousins to watch a movie in dharamtala. suddenly mamata appeared out of nowhere, a ruckus followed and then cops rained blows on her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri May 13, 2011 4:40 am

Another Brick wrote: she was kanshiram's protege, a favourite one, all right, but it is hard to think he chose her for reasons other than her skills and capabilities

Well, there are skills and there are skills. Hers might have extended beyond just running a party and picking winning candidates, which Kanshiram alone knew of.

Last edited by Merlot Daruwala on Fri May 13, 2011 4:46 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed typo: extend to extended)
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri May 13, 2011 5:05 am

i once browsed through a couple of pages of Behenji (by ajay bose) and there was more than a passing mention of kanshi-maya friendship. but then i looked at her pic on the cover page and ruled out any such possibility. but then you never know what one likes.

here's the complete equation.

maya > jaya & sheila > vasundhara > rakhi (sawant) > bipasha > pratibha > sonia > sania

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri May 13, 2011 5:13 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:agree with your analysis. even mamata > jaya. mamata has been struggling for the last 30+ years and she has taken a lot of beating literally. my first encounter with her was in the 70s. i was a kid then and had gone with my cousins to watch a movie in dharamtala. suddenly mamata appeared out of nowhere, a ruckus followed and then cops rained blows on her.

hmm. her cheeks always look swollen. jaya's body also looks swollen but not for the same reasons.

btw, among all the CMs in India, jaya looks most polished after umar abdullah.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down