Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[indophile]

Go down

[indophile] Empty [indophile]

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 8:01 am

you have been paged in old ch:

http://forums.sulekha.com/forums/coffeehouse/for-indo-invitation-1116538.htm#1116538

please disregard if you have seen it already.

Back to top Go down

[indophile] Empty Re: [indophile]

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 8:09 am

aur huzefa, kya ho raha hai? It's 8:00 am here... I woke up at 7:00... washed all the bed sheets (i.e. put them in the washer) and cleared out the dishwasher for my cleaning lady who'll be here anytime soon... then I will go down and put the sheets in the dryer....

Then I will wake up the kids, and get them to get ready, and I will get ready myself to take them to the dentist's appointment (routine checkup) at 9:30...(how time flies, you make up these appointments 6 months in advance thinking that time will never come, but it does come pretty quickly)...

From there, we will go straight to Costco, where I have to shop shop shop for bro's impending visit, with two kids in tow, this will bring me down 500-700 dollars.... Then, possibly, stop in desi groceries on our way back, and eat in the taco bell nearby....

Then come home, and start prepping the two rooms for their stay... then cook cook cook as much as possible (at least grave and daal), so that the three weeks go by smoothly.

Daughter has her own (she thinks) high standards of cleaning and organization, so she'll help me out today, I'm sure. Husband has company golf outing today, but hopefully tomorrow he will be more helpful in keeping the kids entertained...

Considering the low iron probs that I usually suffer with, I need helluva energy for the next two days....

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 8:23 am

yes time flies quickly. it's 5.46 pm here and in another half hour i'll be taking the shuttle home.

Tracy Whitney wrote: this will bring me down 500-700 dollars....

arre, what's a few hundred bucks for a six figure wall-street-magnet-wali. itni kanjoosi mat dikhao. koi buri nazar nahi lagegi.

Then, possibly, stop in desi groceries on our way back, and eat in the taco bell nearby....

good good. i love taco bell.

then cook cook cook as much as possible (at least grave and daal), so that the three weeks go by smoothly.

earlier you had a cooking lady, no? kya hua?

Considering the low iron probs that I usually suffer with, I need helluva energy for the next two days....

women and anemia. sometimes thyroid too. a rab ne bana di jodi type. my wife is also anemic.

anyway, summer holidays have started for my kids. and they are taking a week off to visit their cousins in bombay starting 16th. i might be travelling to dehradun end of this month with my wife for a family function. filal yehi developments hai.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 14, 2011 2:32 pm

uff, the cleaning lady won't come for next 2-3 weeks, she is getting some surgery done, and we will be out on Saturdays....

costco trip was fun...we picked up breakfast/snacks/fast foods/desserts/drinks ONLY (no other major item except a shampoo) worth ~500 dollars... no wonder my sis walks into my garage and feels like she's picking out stuff from a store's aisle...

And no wonder I am the 'cool' aunt with e'cool snack item in her pantry... k we are set.

Back to top Go down

Post by SomeProfile Sat May 14, 2011 2:37 pm

As a bachelor living a minimalistic life, I am stunned by some of the things you married people say. Can't imagine my grocery shopping alone (no appliances, clothes, etc.) being $500 - $700. Hell, I don't spend so much in one shopping expedition even when I am hosting a party at home!

Also, I am somewhat concerned about the health of your family if you are buying Costco snacks for several hundred bucks.

SomeProfile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down