Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anniversary reflections

+10
doofus_maximus
Propagandhi711
Idéfix
Impedimenta
ashaNirasha
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Another Brick
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
charvaka
14 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Anniversary reflections Empty Anniversary reflections

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:05 pm

The forum's first anniversary is a couple of days away, so it is time for some reflection on what went well, what could have gone better, and what we have learned along the way. Here are some of my thoughts in no particular order.

1. It is easy to create a forum; technology is not the challenge: I was frustrated with old CH for years before I did anything about it. I always told myself that it would be too painful, and people would never move even if I tried. The last year has shown me that it wasn't that hard to find a better way as long as the community moves together, and most of the pain we went through on the old side was unnecessary. I haven't ever done a "view source" on this site since the initial testing days. Uff, what a nightmare that was!

2. It is easy to get lost in the immediate din and lose sight of the damage you are doing: Back in the initial days, I was trying to convince people to move here. Many did, some did not. I took to posting a message there once a day or so for stragglers or infrequent visitors who didn't know what was going on. In hindsight, I recognize that it probably did more harm than good. While I was convinced at the time about my motivations, I can see now how the holdouts saw that as me badgering them. Perhaps if I had stayed away completely from that drama, more of the holdouts might have made it across by now.

3. Admin rights -- and duties -- are overrated: I haven't logged in as admin in 2012, and honestly I think the whole thing is highly overrated. I don't know any more about any poster than what they have told me in private or posted in public. In the last 6 months or so, I have spent perhaps 2 hours on site maintenance, most of it on lag issues in chat. Now I think this site can go on without requiring any more admin logins. I was a little concerned when I left on vacation last year that the site might get attacked, but nothing happened. Uff!

4. It is important to have multiple points of view represented: I have intuitively believed this always. But the nature and types of discussions on this forum drive the point starkly home. Old CH had representation for both ends of the Indian political spectrum. This site does not. As a result, Indian politics has pretty much dropped off as a discussion topic. We had the discussions on Hazare and Diggy Raja, but no serious political discussion since. This despite the important elections that just took place. I think the group here does not have enough representation of the extremes of political opinion to initiate and sustain a vigorous debate. The same with cricket discussions -- with Recycled Soul and others lost in the move, we don't see as much back and forth on cricket.

5. It is not easy to get people to move to a superior technical solution, unless there is also something really wrong with the current situation. I learned this after creating the chaikaapi forum with threaded forum view and a side bar in which every new post shows up separately, where users can pick their own look-and-feel, etc. The lesson is: leave good enough alone.

6. This is a larger community than I first thought. While active posters number perhaps two dozen, there was one time when 62 posters were logged in at once. That's more people than I thought... perhaps many of them are mostly lurking.

That's it from me. Any comments or thoughts are welcome. I would love to hear opinions on what could have gone better, and how we can do better in future.

PS: I am going to retire my charvaka handle and start posting with a new one. This is the last thread for this handle.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Anniversary reflections Empty Re: Anniversary reflections

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:07 pm

welcome panini press.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:08 pm

and i haven't said this on the other threads, but thanks for making this a sane place which isn't overrun by post-bots. much appreciated.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:20 pm

"wow, thanks!"

Last edited by blabberwock on Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:22 pm

would be nice to have some diversity in age groups too. pushpagiri, sevaji, and sandilya are very much missed; as are younger folks like resold cycle. we probably have a distribution that is clumped around mid 30s to mid 40s.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:22 pm

charvaka wrote:The forum's first anniversary is a couple of days away, so it is time for some reflection on what went well, what could have gone better, and what we have learned along the way. Here are some of my thoughts in no particular order.

1. It is easy to create a forum; technology is not the challenge: I was frustrated with old CH for years before I did anything about it. I always told myself that it would be too painful, and people would never move even if I tried. The last year has shown me that it wasn't that hard to find a better way as long as the community moves together, and most of the pain we went through on the old side was unnecessary. I haven't ever done a "view source" on this site since the initial testing days. Uff, what a nightmare that was!

2. It is easy to get lost in the immediate din and lose sight of the damage you are doing: Back in the initial days, I was trying to convince people to move here. Many did, some did not. I took to posting a message there once a day or so for stragglers or infrequent visitors who didn't know what was going on. In hindsight, I recognize that it probably did more harm than good. While I was convinced at the time about my motivations, I can see now how the holdouts saw that as me badgering them. Perhaps if I had stayed away completely from that drama, more of the holdouts might have made it across by now.

3. Admin rights -- and duties -- are overrated: I haven't logged in as admin in 2012, and honestly I think the whole thing is highly overrated. I don't know any more about any poster than what they have told me in private or posted in public. In the last 6 months or so, I have spent perhaps 2 hours on site maintenance, most of it on lag issues in chat. Now I think this site can go on without requiring any more admin logins. I was a little concerned when I left on vacation last year that the site might get attacked, but nothing happened. Uff!

i have one comment. Your tendency to bully on the basis of you having the maximum cyber friends here and the fewest cyber enemies (since the people who had the maximum dislike for you--Queen Bee, Seva, Sandilya--did not come here at all and Luke Warmus came very late and posts very occasionally on this forum) means that there is a peculiar disequilibrium in terms of balance of power if anyone picks up a fight with you on this forum. you have a natural advantage because whereas on CH you had to be far more cautious whenever you would get into a fight for fear that a person you disliked (QB,Seva, sandilya, Luke Warmus) could come along and flame you out here you have no such fear since most people who actively disliked you are either not here or post only occasionally. There is nothing that can be done about this.

But your tendency to bring up your Admin powers in the middle of an argument is in decidedly poor taste and needs to be curbed. For instance, after you thought you had me on the backfoot over my interpretation of an emoticon, you claimed that you would put this emoticon in the emoticon gallery of this forum when you next logged in as Admin*. In my opinion, that would have constituted abuse of your admin powers. The only reason you would have put this emoticon in the emoticon gallery of this forum would be to embarrass me so that you could keep using it again and again to poke fun at me. Of course, when i gave the full details of my analysis of the emoticon you proceeded to abuse me but that is a separate matter.

https://such.forumotion.com/t5366-final-thoughts-on-the-emoticon-put-up-or-shut-up#42610

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:36 pm

Rashmun wrote:But your tendency to bring up your Admin powers in the middle of an argument is in decidedly poor taste
How did you establish that I have a tendency to bring up my admin powers in the middle of arguments? Was psychological projection involved in that thought process at all? Because, you know, you are the one who repeatedly brought up my admin powers when practically every member was telling you that it was not germane to the topic at hand, as I was not even logging in as admin.

I know you are humor-challenged, but that is not your fault. So let me tell you clearly: I was joking when I said I would add that emoticon next time I log in as admin. I don't even see an argument on that thread in the "middle" of which brought up the admin thing -- I was just telling you I wish to laugh at your emoticon analysis. Rest assured, I have no plans to log in as admin.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:38 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:But your tendency to bring up your Admin powers in the middle of an argument is in decidedly poor taste
How did you establish that I have a tendency to bring up my admin powers in the middle of arguments? Was psychological projection involved in that thought process at all? Because, you know, you are the one who repeatedly brought up my admin powers when practically every member was telling you that it was not germane to the topic at hand, as I was not even logging in as admin.

I know you are humor-challenged, but that is not your fault. So let me tell you clearly: I was joking when I said I would add that emoticon next time I log in as admin. I have no plans to log in as admin.

That constitutes an attempt to bully another poster in the middle of an argument in which you proceeded to abuse me when i gave my full interpretation of that emoticon.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:45 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

I know you are humor-challenged, but that is not your fault. So let me tell you clearly: I was joking when I said I would add that emoticon next time I log in as admin. I have no plans to log in as admin.

That constitutes an attempt to bully another poster in the middle of an argument in which you proceeded to abuse me when i gave my full interpretation of that emoticon.
There was no argument in that thread prior to you posting your bigoted reasoning. There was just a lot of laughing.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:46 pm

charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

There was no argument in that thread prior to you posting your bigoted reasoning. There was just a lot of laughing.

Of course there was an argument which was why you brought up my interpretation of that emoticon in the middle of a discussion on Kabir's poetry. The thread on Kabir's poetry precedes the thread in which i gave my complete interpretation of the emoticon following which you started abusing me.

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:48 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:
Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Of course there was an argument which was why you brought up my interpretation of that emoticon in the middle of a discussion on Kabir's poetry. The thread on Kabir's poetry precedes the thread in which i gave my complete interpretation of the emoticon following which you started abusing me.
You are welcome to believe whatever you want to believe. You can whine if that makes you happy.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:52 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:would be nice to have some diversity in age groups too. pushpagiri, sevaji, and sandilya are very much missed; as are younger folks like resold cycle. we probably have a distribution that is clumped around mid 30s to mid 40s.
I agree. The only place I'll draw the line is muthukumarr.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:57 pm

come in your new avatar PP.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:58 pm

Tracy Whitney wrote:come in your new avatar PP.

in the interest of balance of power, QB is also missed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:

bulao na qb ko, rashu.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 pm

Rashmun wrote:

i can do without her but her bhai-jan is welcome anytime.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:11 pm

On the occasion of the first anniversary of this site, Sasthi needs to be felicitated in recognition of her brilliant idea and effort in bringing down Sulekha and thereby paving the way for SuCh. If it's not for her efforts, we all would be still languishing in the old Sulekha.

PS: Glad the peeing in the garden CEO who has life isn't here. Good riddance!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:17 am

charvaka wrote:The forum's first anniversary is a couple of days away, so it is time for some reflection on what went well, what could have gone better, and what we have learned along the way. Here are some of my thoughts in no particular order.

How much money you made?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:57 am

i wish this forum had a feature to indicate which posts have some useless youtube links that nobody wants to click on. we could have avoided clicking on those imbecile posts. but then i am greedy.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:32 am

Another Brick wrote:i wish this forum had a feature to indicate which posts have some useless youtube links that nobody wants to click on. we could have avoided clicking on those imbecile posts. but then i am greedy.

Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:58 am

oye ms trivedi, i don't have access to youtube, you see?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 8:05 am

This "power" thing that some SuCHers keep referring to is something that just escapes my understanding. What power? A lot of forums have Admins, Super Moderators and Moderators. I'm glad we don't. We just have one admin who IMO has done a great job in this thankless role.

Also, Happy Anniversary to all.

Gaanchali bidi, Enjoy maadi Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:06 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:would be nice to have some diversity in age groups too. pushpagiri, sevaji, and sandilya are very much missed; as are younger folks like resold cycle. we probably have a distribution that is clumped around mid 30s to mid 40s.
there is exactly one reason why there's no diversity here, and you know who that is.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:06 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
there is exactly one reason why there's no diversity here, and you know who that is.

hahaha

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:09 am

i know why you think there is no diversity here, but i don't agree with that. it's possible that most of those folks have refused to move here because of their prior enmity with the admin, but some have. rashmun has, and you have though you don't post here regularly. and IMO the admin has not stepped out of bounds. while he can defend himself quite well, i am just stating the way i see it for the record.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:32 am

i wish seva and -sandilya joined this board to show the admin his proper place.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i know why you think there is no diversity here, but i don't agree with that. it's possible that most of those folks have refused to move here because of their prior enmity with the admin, but some have. rashmun has, and you have though you don't post here regularly. and IMO the admin has not stepped out of bounds. while he can defend himself quite well, i am just stating the way i see it for the record.

--> i did not have a prior enmity with Charvaka when i joined this board.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:35 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i wish seva and -sandilya joined this board to show the admin his proper place.

what about QB and TS?

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:39 am

I don't want to say this on this thread but I can't help it.

I still miss the old CH.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:48 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

there is absolutely no diversity here. there are no two ways about it. It has nothing to do with the admin. there are no new members here and this site has become a gathering of people who are simply "comfortable" with each other. absolutely nothing wrong with that. i come here because i feel comfortable talking to this group although it was getting diffucult for me to talk to anyone in chat only because there were "groups" in there which i clearly did not belong in with the exception of PI who was pretty neutral. I will not be coming here looking for diversity in topics or to get a "fresh" point of view. I think everyone's stand on issues here are extremely predictable, even boring sometimes.

I also do not think that the intention of this forum was to compete with the old CH. I do not miss the old forum simply because i had nothing worthwhile to offer there and it is no different here.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:i wish seva and -sandilya joined this board to show the admin his proper place.
I second that.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:05 pm

Rashmun wrote:--> i did not have a prior enmity with Charvaka when i joined this board.
You do now? He still refers to you as a good friend! I also heard he created the chaikaapi forum at your express request.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:24 pm

Rashmun wrote:
charvaka wrote:

Of course there was an argument which was why you brought up my interpretation of that emoticon in the middle of a discussion on Kabir's poetry. The thread on Kabir's poetry precedes the thread in which i gave my complete interpretation of the emoticon following which you started abusing me.[/quote]

Dude:

You should be the last person on earth who should be complaining about bullying, abusing, whining, idiocy, lying, hating, copy/vomiting, boring, and decorum.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:42 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

i know why you think there is no diversity here,...

>>> i don't think you do.

...but i don't agree with that. it's possible that most of those folks have refused to move here because of their prior enmity with the admin,...

>>> to my knowledge, they had no enmity with carvaka; the latter picked fights with them; he even fought for years with sandilya over an argument he had been having with someone else - vc - on a videotaping incident in which carvaka had no role. it was the most juvenile and boring thing i had seen in a long time.

>>> carvaka vitiated sulekha's coffeehouse. one reason why many were reluctant to move here is their belief that charvaka would similarly tarnish the Such forum, and with greater freedom and gusto, as the experience of the last year has borne out.

but some have. rashmun has, and you have though you don't post here regularly. and IMO the admin has not stepped out of bounds.

>>> "the admin" may not have stepped out of bounds, but charvaka has proved himself to be the same, obsessively quarrelsome and juvenile bore that carvaka was. moreover, he has aided and abetted violations of decency, ethics, and the law through his minions.

>>> his - and your claim - that he has not stepped out of bounds is empty, given that charvaka is the admin. not everyone differentiates between the two, including you - you wrote, "...their prior enmity with the admin..." instead of "...with charvaka" or "carvaka."

>>> indeed, you and everyone here has modified his behaviour to suit charvaka's expectations because of your awareness that he is the admin. huzefa's 371st "lol c" of the week, and and blabberwock's jibes at dhakhini are symptomatic. are we seeking thamizh-telugu synthesis now to please charvaka/the admin so that you can enjoy 60% of the freedom of speech you used to enjoy rather than the more miserable 30% if you didn't comply?

while he can defend himself quite well, i am just stating the way i see it for the record.

>>> i wish you and everyone else would always say it the way you see it.

>>> there are other things to say, but i can't for now.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:46 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

...but i don't agree with that. it's possible that most of those folks have refused to move here because of their prior enmity with the admin,...

>>> to my knowledge, they had no enmity with carvaka; the latter picked fights with them; he even fought for years with sandilya over an argument he had been having with someone else - vc - on a videotaping incident in which carvaka had no role. it was the most juvenile and boring thing i had seen in a long time.

>>> carvaka vitiated sulekha's coffeehouse. one reason why many were reluctant to move here is their belief that charvaka would similarly tarnish the Such forum, and with greater freedom and gusto, as the experience of the last year has borne out.

but some have. rashmun has, and you have though you don't post here regularly. and IMO the admin has not stepped out of bounds.

>>> "the admin" may not have stepped out of bounds, but charvaka has proved himself to be the same, obsessively quarrelsome and juvenile bore that carvaka was. moreover, he has aided and abetted violations of decency, ethics, and the law through his minions.

>>> his - and your claim - that he has not stepped out of bounds is empty, given that charvaka is the admin. not everyone differentiates between the two, including you - you wrote, "...their prior enmity with the admin..." instead of "...with charvaka" or "carvaka."

>>> indeed, you and everyone here has modified his behaviour to suit charvaka's expectations because of your awareness that he is the admin. huzefa's 371st "lol c" of the week, and and blabberwock's jibes at dhakhini are symptomatic. are we seeking thamizh-telugu synthesis now to please charvaka/the admin so that you can enjoy 60% of the freedom of speech you used to enjoy rather than the more miserable 30% if you didn't comply?

while he can defend himself quite well, i am just stating the way i see it for the record.

Please fix the spelling to carvakka and / or The Akka and resubmit. Thank you.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Rashmun wrote:

hahaha

ul-nizami method!!

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

dear virile romeo seeking tranny for surreptitious e-trysts of a geriatric nature,
have you considered investing some time in learning how nested quotes work?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:07 pm

JM: i do want to address and answer your post in detail when i have more time, but for now:

a) i am not quite sure why you think i have deliberately censored myself (which is what you seem to be implying). i wish you'd explain.

b) telugu-thamizh synthesis? really that's what you think is going on? you're being silly now. the point was to open rashmun's eyes to the fact that there exist organic linguistic relationships between dravidian languages that he has no clue about in his sanskrit-centric world.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:"the admin" may not have stepped out of bounds, but charvaka has proved himself to be the same, obsessively quarrelsome and juvenile bore that carvaka was.
Anybody who expected anything different from me from what I was on old CH is naive. I didn't promise any changes in my style when we moved here. If anything, I made it explicitly clear that I would continue to behave as I had done when I was not the admin.

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:to please charvaka/the admin so that you can enjoy 60% of the freedom of speech you used to enjoy rather than the more miserable 30% if you didn't comply?
This is nonsensical. Those who disagree with me all the time -- like you and Rashmun -- have the exact same freedom of speech that everyone else here does, including me.

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:there are other things to say, but i can't for now.
That's so endearingly coy!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:17 pm

I handle this kinda situation so much better at home. Just send each kid to their room, and then enjoy the silence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:22 pm

panini press wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:"the admin" may not have stepped out of bounds, but charvaka has proved himself to be the same, obsessively quarrelsome and juvenile bore that carvaka was.
Anybody who expected anything different from me from what I was on old CH is naive. I didn't promise any changes in my style when we moved here. If anything, I made it explicitly clear that I would continue to behave as I had done when I was not the admin.

Having known you for several years on CH and now for an year on this forum, i have to say i do see a change in your behavior in this forum. On CH you would be more circumspect and less intolerant of disagreements. The reason was that you knew that if you slammed anyone Seva,Sandilya, QB, or Luke Warmus could along and slam you. So you had to be more cautious. Out here you can throw caution to the wind and indulge in recklessly attacking other posters, and engaging in more of your occasionally cliquish behavior that was seen on CH.

The fact that you yourself do not want more variety is made clear when one considers that you yourself have made Luke feel unwelcome on this forum. In one post you wrote that you were not sure why Luke visits this forum at all considering he has no friends here. You have gone out of your way to indulge in juvenile cliquish behavior and thereby you have ended up undermining your own credibility.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:24 pm

geriatric romeo whined thusly:

[/quote]
[/b] "the admin" may not have stepped out of bounds, but charvaka has proved himself to be the same, obsessively quarrelsome and juvenile bore that carvaka was. moreover, he has aided and abetted violations of decency, ethics, and the law through his minions[/b]
[/quote]

and he says that with a straight face. to wit, here's a blast from chat past. you can decide who's obsessively quarrelsome and juvenile, violating decency and ethics and heh..the law (FBI helicopters y'all)..:

(16:00:15) doofus_maximus: LOL tracy
(16:00:16) tracy: he was let go in 1991, I think
(16:00:20) Propagandhi711: LOL
(16:00:27) Propagandhi711: tracy, DONT GOSSIP
(16:00:34) doofus_maximus: racy
(16:00:41) tracy: he is here, I am not being clandestine
(16:00:46) Propagandhi711: that's a no-no...dont gossip abt veegina...just lie down there and take it when he gossips abt you
(16:01:04) VeeThePeepal: tracy, they gave you a small bonus and fired you ignominiously
(16:01:13) Propagandhi711: also dont screw him sideways please...he likes to be screwed in doggy position with kneepads on
(16:01:14) Rekzu: evalo smileys thevaiya dm
(16:01:16) tracy: vee, they just fired you
(16:01:25) doofus_maximus: translate into English: Check, Stealing employers time: Check
(16:01:26) Propagandhi711: sideways screwing is a no-no
(16:01:30) tracy: unceremoniously
(16:01:50) Propagandhi711: they fired vee and told him to get lost and never come back again and take his fucking dictionary
(16:01:55) tracy: and then u tried to become 'consultant'
(16:01:59) tracy: but failed
(16:02:12) tracy: then ur wife left u, and became successfuller
(16:02:23) VeeThePeepal: they didn't, and it was always my intent to not be a corporate slave like you, waking uo at 4 to trudge to nyc
(16:02:27) tracy: and u been pissing since then
(16:02:31) Propagandhi711: free from his corrosive influence
(16:02:34) Rekzu: successfuller?
(16:02:56) VeeThePeepal: you have one accomplishment in your life" getting some1 to marry you
(16:03:08) doofus_maximus: Reksu. it was a bait for 'please translate into english' from VTP
(16:03:09) tracy: no one with middle school going kids leaves there job and do something unsuccessful
(16:03:11) VeeThePeepal: nothing else!
(16:03:13) Propagandhi711: veegina is upset and angry
(16:03:25) tracy: and then not join back either
(16:03:44) tracy: u didn't join back corporate america, coz no one hired u, u loser
(16:03:47) doofus_maximus: VTP is watching me. I need to live upto my name. I am nervous
(16:04:10) VeeThePeepal: ppl who have money or have talents don't have to be corporate slaves like you
(16:04:40) tracy: what did u use ur talent for? and wife's money?
(16:04:49) doofus_maximus: no money no talent not a corporate slave. then what are you?
(16:05:08) tracy: she's such a smart looking woman. wasted her life on u, but corrected it timely, methinks
(16:05:10) Propagandhi711: he finds the occassional job at the local place where they correct spelling mistakes for a small fee
(16:05:12) VeeThePeepal: none of your busuness, tracy darlin
(16:05:24) VeeThePeepal: *business
(16:05:39) tracy: back at ya, darling
(16:05:47) Hellsangel: #!...
(16:05:50) doofus_maximus: VTP thinks he is Clark Gable when he says 'tracy darlin'
(16:05:51) VeeThePeepal: your *only* accomplishment: getting some1 to marry you!
(16:06:00) Hellsangel: #1...
(16:06:05) tracy: haha
(16:06:11) Hellsangel: Don't gossip. Get your facts straight
(16:06:16) VeeThePeepal: no job, no work, no talent, no accomplishment!
(16:06:17) tracy: and ur biggest loss, could not keep the one who married u
(16:06:22) Hellsangel: It was not 91
(16:06:28) tracy: 92?
(16:06:31) tracy: 90?
(16:06:33) Hellsangel: It was in teh 80s
(16:06:40) tracy: ohhh?
(16:06:51) doofus_maximus: before there were computers
(16:07:37) SuCHat: Rekzu is away: inactive
(16:07:38) VeeThePeepal: i'm happy to have not worked for any1 for a long,long time.
(16:07:49) tracy: excuses
(16:07:53) VeeThePeepal: and proud
(16:08:27) VeeThePeepal: i can work when i want to, and how much
(16:08:38) tracy: no one with middle school going kids gives up work like that, and earning 110K in 20 years... bah humbug. FAIL. (did I say it right?)
(16:09:14) tracy:
(16:09:46) VeeThePeepal: you may be talking of my 1st year of operation as an independent. i made a decent profit.
(16:10:25) VeeThePeepal: i don't get monitored by any1 minute to minute like you are.
(16:11:04) tracy: is that why u were let go?
(16:11:05) VeeThePeepal: and after all that, am not fired ignominiously
(16:11:08) doofus_maximus: which is it.. we get monitored min to min or we are stealing employer's time
(16:11:13) tracy: they monitored u doing something unseemly?
(16:11:33) doofus_maximus: he watched someone pee
(16:11:34) Rekzu: Tracy got fired?
(16:11:35) VeeThePeepal: there's no one to monitor me
(16:11:48) tracy: lolol
(16:11:49) VeeThePeepal: yes, tracy got fired
(16:12:22) VeeThePeepal: most likely for not accomplishing anything
(16:12:28) tracy: vee u LIE
(16:12:34) tracy: libel, slander
(16:12:34) Rekzu: so now u r at home?
(16:12:44) VeeThePeepal: yes, she's at home
(16:12:47) doofus_maximus: LOL
(16:13:14) VeeThePeepal: not only does she have no job, she has no work either
(16:13:52) VeeThePeepal: and she has no accomplishments, and no talents, however, she has a husband!
(16:14:11) Hellsangel: So his way of seeking work now is to correct random strangers' English on the web.
(16:14:14) tracy: rekzu, my company did downsizing, so my position is eliminated. I still have about 3 weeks to go.
(16:14:55) doofus_maximus: nevr heard of univ of arlington.. how insignificant is that univ anyway. JFC.. talk about insignificance.
(16:15:02) VeeThePeepal: rekzu, "downsizing" is a euphemism for "we don't want to anymore"
(16:15:05) tracy: yes vee, i have a husband who LIVES with me
(16:15:31) Propagandhi711: it's not very significant in a town of not insignificant size.
(16:15:51) VeeThePeepal: you have a husband without who you cdn't live, bcs you are incompetebt, even as a coder
(16:16:02) VeeThePeepal: *without whom

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:25 pm

Rashmun wrote:
panini press wrote:

Having known you for several years on CH and now for an year on this forum, i have to say i do see a change in your behavior in this forum. On CH you would be more circumspect and less intolerant of disagreements. The reason was that you knew that if you slammed anyone Seva,Sandilya, QB, or Luke Warmus could along and slam you. So you had to be more cautious. Out here you can throw caution to the wind and indulge in recklessly attacking other posters, and engaging in more of your occasionally cliquish behavior that was seen on CH.

The fact that you yourself do not want more variety is made clear when one considers that you yourself have made Luke feel unwelcome on this forum. In one post you wrote that you were not sure why Luke visits this forum at all considering he has no friends here. You have gone out of your way to indulge in juvenile cliquish behavior and thereby you have ended up undermining your own credibility.

Boohoo Rashmun... You got your 'dash' handed to you on several threads not just by Char but also by Max and now you go and cry 'wolf'.

LOL this is hilarious.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:32 pm

panini press wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:to please charvaka/the admin so that you can enjoy 60% of the freedom of speech you used to enjoy rather than the more miserable 30% if you didn't comply?
This is nonsensical. Those who disagree with me all the time -- like you and Rashmun -- have the exact same freedom of speech that everyone else here does, including me.

Your minions tried their best to take away the freedom of speech of posters who disagreed with you. To give one example, your minion Hellsangel would repeatedly give the purported real names of Luke and yours truly to try and make us feel unwelcome in this forum. You were good friends with him but you only told him to stop his unethical behavior twice: once at Max's public insistence, and once at my public insistence. You tried your best to stand up for your minion Hellsangel by asking posters to send a written complaint to you whenever anyone would disclose private details in their posts in this forum when in fact there was only one person on this forum who was engaging in this mischief. Only recently, Hellsangel again used Luke's purported real name in one of his posts despite many posters saying that they do not wish private details to be revealed by anyone in forum posts. Is it surprising that Luke visits this forum only occasionally? But perhaps that is what you want.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:36 pm

damn, with the initial insults and context missing, this makes me looks like such a meanie. sigh.

I had more fun during the 'reasons why I got no patents but I built something two years before AA did' chat.

Last edited by Tracy Whitney on Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:37 pm

Rashmun wrote:

what about QB and TS?

they too are welcome. but they seem to have taken things a bit too personally. but i hope they join. i have shared meaningful discussion with both.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 1:42 pm

Impedimenta wrote:I do not miss the old forum simply because i had nothing worthwhile to offer there and it is no different here.

Anniversary reflections 3077217049

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:53 pm

Rashmun wrote:Out here you can throw caution to the wind and indulge in recklessly attacking other posters, and engaging in more of your occasionally cliquish behavior that was seen on CH.
Are you saying that you are incapable of slamming me effectively? That you need others to protect you? Stop whining. No, go on, keep whining.

Rashmun wrote:In one post you wrote that you were not sure why Luke visits this forum at all considering he has no friends here.
I am still not sure.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:02 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Out here you can throw caution to the wind and indulge in recklessly attacking other posters, and engaging in more of your occasionally cliquish behavior that was seen on CH.
Are you saying that you are incapable of slamming me effectively? That you need others to protect you? Stop whining. No, go on, keep whining.

the context in which i wrote that statement has been lost because you have snipped out most of my post. suffice to say that, to your great disappointment, you and your minions were unable to chase me away from this site (which as i have pointed out earlier is not your personal website). the fact that you would stoop to the level of talking about an interpretation of an emoticon, so as to embarrass and ridicule me, in the middle of a discussion on Kabir's poetry was not something you would have done on Sulekha CH because you would have immediately gotten flamed by several posters. you dared to do stoop to a low level and do so on this forum because the people who really hated you (sandilya, seva, QB) did not join this forum and Luke only posts very occasionally since every now and then your buddy Hellsangel starts using his real name on this forum to try and chase him away.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:04 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:In one post you wrote that you were not sure why Luke visits this forum at all considering he has no friends here.
I am still not sure.

that's because you are uncomfortable with posters you are in disagreement with frequenting this forum. it upsets your facade of being Mr Nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next