Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Anniversary reflections

+10
doofus_maximus
Propagandhi711
Idéfix
Impedimenta
ashaNirasha
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Another Brick
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
charvaka
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Anniversary reflections - Page 2 Empty Re: Anniversary reflections

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:07 pm

Rashmun wrote:chase me away from this site (which as i have pointed out earlier is not your personal website).

i wouldn't want you to leave at all, and i hope you don't. there is no fun in agreeing with people. please feel absolutely free to poke as much fun at me as i have at you.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:18 pm

Rashmun wrote:Your minions tried their best to take away the freedom of speech of posters who disagreed with you. To give one example, your minion Hellsangel would repeatedly give the purported real names of Luke and yours truly to try and make us feel unwelcome in this forum.
I am not at all surprised that you don't know the meaning of freedom of speech. I think you are better off defending dead despots.

Rashmun wrote:You were good friends with him but you only told him to stop his unethical behavior twice
I was just as much your friend as I was HA's friend. I did about the same amount to stop HA from doing what he does as I did to stop you from abusing people's families and hurling casteist insults at them. I am not the moral police, nor am I any other person's ethics supervisor. I try my best to behave in a way that is compatible with my ethical values. I hope you feel comfortable with the degree of consistency between your behavior and your professed ethical standards.

Rashmun wrote:You tried your best to stand up for your minion Hellsangel by asking posters to send a written complaint to you whenever anyone would disclose private details in their posts in this forum when in fact there was only one person on this forum who was engaging in this mischief.
The forum policy on protecting private information is clear and fair. It does not favor any poster or disadvantage any poster. Any request from any poster made in confidence through a personal message will be honored. There is no need to acknowledge whether any purported personal information is true.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:34 pm

Rashmun wrote:to your great disappointment, you and your minions were unable to chase me away from this site
Yes, I am greatly disappointed that I have been unable to do something I didn't want to do in the first place.

You tried to go away by yourself and create a new forum. When that didn't work, you came back here, and I was glad that you did.

Rashmun wrote:the fact that you would stoop to the level of talking about an interpretation of an emoticon, so as to embarrass and ridicule me,
Nobody needs to embarrass you. You are very good at doing that yourself day in and day out. Your current behavior is indistinguishable from that of a person whose primary goal is to embarrass himself a few times every single day.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:49 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:to your great disappointment, you and your minions were unable to chase me away from this site
Yes, I am greatly disappointed that I have been unable to do something I didn't want to do in the first place.

You tried to go away by yourself and create a new forum. When that didn't work, you came back here, and I was glad that you did.

--> the reason i went away was because you and your minions went out of your way to humiliate me. i was taken by surprise because i had had friendly relations with you spanning several years and did not realize that is a psychotic side to you which is why you went out of your way to undermine my credibility when i made my posts on Diggy Raja by coining the phrase 'Rashmun Method', disparaging it, and then using it again and again in your posts.

--> nobody joined the forum i created. but then again, nobody joined the chaikaapi forum for the purpose of creating forum posts. again and again you encouraged posters to migrate to chaikaapi saying that its features were superior to the features in this forum. But the forum members here preferred to stay here for the purpose of forum posts.

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:the fact that you would stoop to the level of talking about an interpretation of an emoticon, so as to embarrass and ridicule me,
Nobody needs to embarrass you. You are very good at doing that yourself day in and day out. Your current behavior is indistinguishable from that of a person whose primary goal is to embarrass himself a few times every single day.

--> my posts are no different from the posts i made for years and years on Sulekha. Since you praised me on Sulekha and even here we were on good terms initially (before my Diggy Raja posts) you are obliged to talk nonsense for the purpose of trying to try and cover your self-contradictory behavior which has now been exposed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 3:57 pm

panini press wrote:
Rashmun wrote:Your minions tried their best to take away the freedom of speech of posters who disagreed with you. To give one example, your minion Hellsangel would repeatedly give the purported real names of Luke and yours truly to try and make us feel unwelcome in this forum.
I am not at all surprised that you don't know the meaning of freedom of speech. I think you are better off defending dead despots.

Rashmun wrote:You were good friends with him but you only told him to stop his unethical behavior twice
I was just as much your friend as I was HA's friend. I did about the same amount to stop HA from doing what he does as I did to stop you from abusing people's families and hurling casteist insults at them. I am not the moral police, nor am I any other person's ethics supervisor. I try my best to behave in a way that is compatible with my ethical values. I hope you feel comfortable with the degree of consistency between your behavior and your professed ethical standards.

Rashmun wrote:You tried your best to stand up for your minion Hellsangel by asking posters to send a written complaint to you whenever anyone would disclose private details in their posts in this forum when in fact there was only one person on this forum who was engaging in this mischief.
The forum policy on protecting private information is clear and fair. It does not favor any poster or disadvantage any poster. Any request from any poster made in confidence through a personal message will be honored. There is no need to acknowledge whether any purported personal information is true.

i have never thrown casteist insults at anyone; rather, i have consistently attacked casteism and promoted inter-caste marriages. the one time i used the words 'i am a brahmin; are you a sudra?' was when someone asked me the casteist question 'What is your caste?' in the middle of a heated debate. It was a rebuke to a casteist question. But don't let that stop you from repeatedly lying and slandering others.

Referring to poster's family in a derogatory manner, particularly if that is done on the basis of something the poster has himself revealed, or even abusing a poster (as you have yourself done after i gave the full details of my emoticon interpretation) can not nearly be as harmful as giving the real name or the private details of a forum member which can show up in a google search. This simple fact has been agreed upon by a majority of forum members.

Hellsangel is your friend and yet despite his repeated use of the real names of other forum members (including once very recently) you only chose to rebuke him twice--once when Max publicly complained about it, and another time, when I publicly complained about it. After you publicly rebuked him the first time you whined that you had been giving him negative votes for using the real names of other posters!

And please don't call me your friend. I am not your friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:39 pm

Happy First Anniversary!

Thanks Kinnera for mentioning me...a flower for you:flower:

A flower for Charvaka...flower

I am with you tube links...please indicate "Youtube" in subject line before posting ut links.

Also anyone posting a link without the anchor is also down down!

Besides that this place is nicer than sulekha.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:16 pm

charvaka/and now panini press

you are the administrator .u have helped found this forum .Why then do u go on the war path every so often and ignite quarrels ?

should you not be magnanimous and listen to other posters ? Instead u incite disagreements

something i have not understood

when asked u say you are more an individual poster than an admnistrator

If that is so then give up those duties delegate them to someone else .

We need an administrator , one who listens to other posters ,addresses their grievances and takes a back seat when the occasion calls for it
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:20 pm

On the whole i have enjoyed being on this forum and chat although i do not have many friends here

there is a plot afoot to ignore my comments and chats Razz

the cliquishness is obvious but i attribute that to human nature and pity the people who indulge in such manouevers
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:55 pm

Much ado about nothing - all this whining about admin and his evil powers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:08 pm

chameli wrote:On the whole i have enjoyed being on this forum and chat although i do not have many friends here

the cliquishness is obvious but i attribute that to human nature and pity the people who indulge in such manouevers

Chammo, ever wondered if the problem could be with you?

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:25 pm

blabberwock wrote:Much ado about nothing - all this whining about admin and his evil powers.

this calls for a rhyme

It's a gentle suggestion not a whine

get ur head out of ..where the sun don't shine

evil powers ?..didnt say that was mine

may u turn into a hobbit when the clock chimes nine bounce
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:35 pm

kinnera wrote:
chameli wrote:On the whole i have enjoyed being on this forum and chat although i do not have many friends here

Kinnera ,

ever wondered why u get chronic backaches ....if they have anything to do with ur distorted thinking ?

ever wondered why Bittu is no longer on chat .... if he got tired of u ?

there is no problem with me I just dont go taking sides but think for myself /speak my mind

and that must get u people wired

I also happen to possess a sense of humour
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:40 pm

chameli wrote:
kinnera wrote:

Kinnera ,

ever wondered why u get chronic backaches ....if they have anything to do with ur distorted thinking ?

ever wondered why Bittu is no longer on chat .... if he got tired of u ?

there is no problem with me I just dont go taking sides but think for myself /speak my mind

and that must get u people wired

I also happen to possess a sense of humour

There's nothing to say to the ones who believe, 'I am ok, but everyone else is not ok.'

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:55 pm

You should practice some amount of introspection urself ..perhaps the aches and pains will go away

but alas Bittu may never come back...

".you will find another you can mother"

sheesh another rhyme
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:07 pm

chameli wrote:You should practice some amount of introspection urself ..perhaps the aches and pains will go away

but alas Bittu may never come back...

".you will find another you can mother"

sheesh another rhyme

Oh don't you worry abt bittu. SuCh is not the only way to keep in touch. He's taking a break and is successful at it. Kudos to him! I'm supposed to too, but broke it the last couple of days. Will go at it at full swing shortly.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:14 pm

nice cover up kinnera

why don't u admit he was treating you like shit for quite some time ....

that it was a case of "familiarity breeds contempt" ?

what naturally happens when one chats for 12 to 14 hours trying to get under another's skin
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:32 pm

chameli wrote:nice cover up kinnera

what naturally happens when one chats for 12 to 14 hours trying to get under another's skin

Treating me like shit? Rolling Eyes What the heck! Ya, he has his mood swings, but trace and I are very used to it. We may be upset for a while, but we get back again. We are friends after all. If we weren't, I would've put him on ignore like i do with you and vee. You don't understand about the three of us. So, quit making stupid statements. You were always so obsessed about us for some reason. Jeez!

EOD. 10.30 pm. gotta hit the sack. No more from me.

Edit: oh btw...u r on chat 24/7. The most addicted person to chat over here is you. Do realize that.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:54 pm

chameli wrote:you are the administrator .u have helped found this forum .Why then do u go on the war path every so often and ignite quarrels ?

should you not be magnanimous and listen to other posters ? Instead u incite disagreements
I am as magnanimous as I think I should be. If you observe carefully, I don't "quarrel" with very many people here. The people who "quarrel" with me are the ones who fight with a significant fraction of this forum's population.

chameli wrote:If that is so then give up those duties delegate them to someone else .
This forum has not needed an administrator in five months or so, and I hope it will never need one.

chameli wrote:We need an administrator , one who listens to other posters ,addresses their grievances and takes a back seat when the occasion calls for it
I do listen to all posters who speak to me. I am not required to agree with them. I haven't taken any moderation actions at all, and I don't intend to do so in future.

I understand that a handful of posters do not like me -- be that for my views, the style and gusto with which I express them, my online persona, or whatever else. I believe that that is actually good for the forum. I wouldn't want to be on a forum where everybody likes me / agrees with me. Let's just stop pretending that it has anything to do with who is the admin on this forum, because it does not.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:01 pm

chameli wrote:
blabberwock wrote:Much ado about nothing - all this whining about admin and his evil powers.

this calls for a rhyme

why a hobbit?

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:02 pm

blabberwock wrote:
chameli wrote:

this calls for a rhyme

why a hobbit?
Perhaps you are the one to carry The One Ring (of admin powers) to Mordor (old CH) and cast into the fires of Mount Doom...
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:28 am

blabber ,

why a hobbit u ask?

well u are obviously not a rabbit

nor physically endowed for a bobbit

guessing u are short ,that's it

panini below has added his two bit Very Happy
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:37 am

panini zuchini,

let''s just say where u would have got 90% of my vote had u been fairer you now get 70%

You don't go out of your way to support others ....i see that

but u do expect them to uphold ur view points adding a LOL here and a LOL there

As an outsider I have seen this

you never admit u are wrong and are prone to have the last word
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:46 am

chameli wrote:blabber ,

why a hobbit u ask?

why am i obviously not a rabbit?

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:05 am

kinnera wrote:
chameli wrote:nice cover up kinnera

Treating me like shit? Rolling Eyes What the heck! Ya, he has his mood swings, but trace and I are very used to it. We may be upset for a while, but we get back again. We are friends after all. If we weren't, I would've put him on ignore like i do with you and vee. You don't understand about the three of us. So, quit making stupid statements. You were always so obsessed about us for some reason. Jeez!

EOD. 10.30 pm. gotta hit the sack. No more from me.

Edit: oh btw...u r on chat 24/7. The most addicted person to chat over here is you. Do realize that.

Leave Tracy out of this Bittu was mean and abusive only to you .You stuck it out as long as you could.,,not heeding my iniital warnings ..

your ignore button is a joke .Listen into conversation when u like to..... rest of the time make" ignore " pronouncements Nice !!

when my button on chat shows i am away it means just that ...I am not around...

I have missed talking to my friends because of this .There is never a time I have been there just listening ...never.

but i have heard enough to conclude that u were a shag carpet ..asking to be trampled upon

me obsessed with the three of you ? oh god !!! gimme one good reason ..the most boring conversations they were .Would have been far better had you devoted that much time to ur families

I make an entry on chat early morning and switch off by night .... perhaps check in once or twice during the day .

Having said that I fully expect Bittu Singh to make a grand entry into chat again ...

.so go powder ur nose ,put on ur best face and welcome him
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:28 am

some more reflections while i am at it Kinnera

several times u have hinted that i am friendly with bad people like Rashmun and VTP and I shouldn't be so ..but go with the good people

and i have been too arrogant to give u a damn

u have gossiped to others that i look down on Telugus .that i have passed unsavoury remarks about them in the past

give me one instance when i have done that its just not true

Mahesh babu the telugu superstar is my favourite actor I enjoy watching telugu movies if they have english subtitles.I have many Telugu friends ..

just because i am lazy in defending myself doesn't mean ur accusations hold water .
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Sat Apr 28, 2012 11:58 am

blabberwock wrote:
chameli wrote:blabber ,

why a hobbit u ask?

why am i obviously not a rabbit?

do u eat lettuce like there's no tomorrow ?

do u twitch ur nose when smelling danger ?

no na? Smile
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 12:46 am

chameli wrote:
do u eat lettuce like there's no tomorrow ?
do u twitch ur nose when smelling danger ?

I just may.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:09 am

All hail C! All hail C!
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Apr 29, 2012 8:33 am

Chammo ma'am, scroll back and read your posts. You started off with 'bittu is tired of you and maybe that's why he left chat. Alas, he may never come back' to 'bittu is mean and abusive towards you and treats you like shit.' A complete turn around. Decide who the victim is in your mind first.

Ppl who know me consider me to be simple, plain-hearted, innocent and lovable. No one treats me like a shag carpet. You, on the other hand with your negative attitude, probably don't have any friends, not just online but offline too.

You did talk negatively abt telugus and their cliquishness, both in the chat and on the forum (one of it is in Vee's wife's pissing thread, if I r'ber correctly. Go figure!) and supported Rashmun even while he was on his tirade against all telugus. Hating a whole group of ppl is the worst of human nature, imo.

Anyway, I'm done. Enuff of it already!

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:06 pm

ppl that quote lord of the rings are closet homos and/or trannies.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:34 am

that chat room sounds like a very toxic place.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:18 am

Another Brick wrote:that chat room sounds like a very toxic place.

it's too hot to handle at times.

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:40 am

Another Brick wrote:that chat room sounds like a very toxic place.

one needs to be strong of heart to survive in there
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Ponniyin Selvan Mon May 28, 2012 7:55 am

Just saw this.. Thanks Charvaka for taking the time to create a forum. Once in a while I check in to see what's happening and it feels nice.

Ponniyin Selvan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2