Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I don't understand..

+2
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Maria S
6 posters

Go down

I don't understand.. Empty I don't understand..

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 8:55 am

A colleague of mine announces the death of her uncle on FB and she got ten 'likes' for that till now. Kaiku? scratch

Back to top Go down

I don't understand.. Empty Re: I don't understand..

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 9:08 am

Maybe she did the emotional speech and the likes are for that. My school friend lost her dad. Was away for 2-3 weeks, and some other friend and announced this news to us. Now the friend is back, and posts some emotional message every day, like a shout out to her dad, or a card, or a song. FB is proving to be so many things for people, including a source for healing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue May 01, 2012 9:08 am

Kinnera,

I wonder about that too..

Don't know why Facebook can't include..terms like "I'm so sorry".."Say what?" "Oh No".."I hate this" etc..for clicking away! That will help even more to make people lazy..and not make them sweat typing "my condolences/sympathies".

How lazy can one be..it's becoming ridiculous.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 9:12 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:Maybe she did the emotional speech and the likes are for that. My school friend lost her dad. Was away for 2-3 weeks, and some other friend and announced this news to us. Now the friend is back, and posts some emotional message every day, like a shout out to her dad, or a card, or a song. FB is proving to be so many things for people, including a source for healing.

hmm...i think you are right.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 9:18 am

Maria S wrote:Kinnera,

I wonder about that too..

Don't know why Facebook can't include..terms like "I'm so sorry".."Say what?" "Oh No".."I hate this" etc..for clicking away! That will help even more to make people lazy..and not make them sweat typing "my condolences/sympathies".

How lazy can one be..it's becoming ridiculous.

LOL! ya...how difficult is it to write a couple of condolence sentences than to click a 'like'. This is a death announcement. What is there to like?

I mean, if she starts posting more about him in his memory later, like tracy's friend does, then one can hit a like. But hitting a like to a death announcement seemed a li'l odd to me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Tue May 01, 2012 9:46 am

Am sure this one got- a zillion likes!

Any social media- network like Facebook can be used as a helpful tool for many things - social support, networking..But, not to be taken too seriously as many seem to be-posting non stop updates, sharing way too much personal stuff..and this real wedding..kind of funny, but not so funny, imo!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 10:04 am

Funny video and sad couple. But guess they only staged it to muster some laughs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Tue May 01, 2012 10:12 am

Maria S wrote:

Any social media- network like Facebook can be used as a helpful tool for many things - social support, networking..But, not to be taken too seriously as many seem to be-posting non stop updates, sharing way too much personal stuff..and this real wedding..kind of funny, but not so funny, imo!
do the hyphens in "got-" and "be-posting" have any special meaning? or are you overstocked with the hyphens you bought at a discount sale and want to get rid of quickly?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue May 01, 2012 10:25 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Maria S wrote:

do the hyphens in "got-" and "be-posting" have any special meaning? or are you overstocked with the hyphens you bought at a discount sale and want to get rid of quickly?

those hemorrhoids flaring up again, tranny-lovin' granny?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Tue May 01, 2012 11:22 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Maria S wrote:

sir, are only saooooth indians allowed to begin a sentence with "or"?

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by chameli Tue May 01, 2012 11:45 am

face book has to be the fakest phenomena going...... it is for show offs and lazy people

reminds me of my friend's kid getting 120 out of 100 in her class or her entire class getting awards even the bad students

"no kid left behind " syndrome !!

the world has become a fake place indeed ..
chameli
chameli

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 01, 2012 11:51 am

Was watching The Iron Lady the other day. Not as bad as people said it was, namely seven (or was it chams) and Vee hated it.

Anyway, two of the lines that she said stuck out, for me.

One was: In our times, people wanted 'to do something'. Now they just want 'to be someone'.

Another one, I found on youtube, about feelings vs thoughts.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue May 01, 2012 1:54 pm

kinnera wrote:A colleague of mine announces the death of her uncle on FB and she got ten 'likes' for that till now. Kaiku? scratch

The "like" is used by most FBers as "acknowledging" the news/statement.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down