Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Congratulations Swami Nityananda

+2
indophile
MulaiAzhagi
6 posters

Go down

Congratulations Swami Nityananda Empty Congratulations Swami Nityananda

Post by MulaiAzhagi Wed May 02, 2012 3:38 pm

http://www.thehindu.com/todays-paper/tp-national/article3368516.ece

Seeking to put at rest controversies surrounding Nityananda, Arunagirinathar said: “He (Nityananda) is a great sage. He is a great saint…Some people who are upset over his rise spread such a false campaign. It should be ignored. All allegations levelled against him are nothing but baseless.” Asked about criticism by Hindu outfits and others over the selection, the senior mutt head rejected it, saying the Madurai Adheenam had a rich tradition of appointing learned scholars to lead the historic and ancient institution. “We have not given up or diverted from the age-old practices.”

Last edited by MulaiAzhagi on Wed May 02, 2012 3:47 pm; edited 1 time in total

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Swami Nityananda Empty Re: Congratulations Swami Nityananda

Post by indophile Wed May 02, 2012 3:43 pm

Even 8X10 glossies or Blueray DVDs don't work for these godmen. Other demigods circle their wagons to protect their customer (aka devotee) base.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed May 02, 2012 3:55 pm

should henceforth be called - "Guru Maha Sannidhanam Sri la Sri Paramahamsa Sri Nityananda Sri Gnanasambanda Desika Paramacharya Swamigal."

The length of that title will put even Rajnikath to shame.

The Maharajah of our hometown in India had some really funny titles - Azaam Maharajah, Uza-ud-dowla, Jhaadkhand Paadshah, Yasal Yaamini, Manya Sultan, Khilaphate Islam, etc. etc., (conferred by Nizam of Hyderabad, and later, by Aurangzeb) followed by the name his dad wrote in a plate of rice, followed by OBE, KCIE, ABCD, EFGH, IJKL, etc., etc. (conferred by the British) that made up the tail of His Highness' identity.

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 02, 2012 4:15 pm

Aww..he is the Superstar Swami!Smile

I knew he would make a comeback..it happened even sooner and bigger than I thought!

In this "media savvy" telegenic era..for getting attention and fund raising in crores and zillions..even religious institutions/orgs (am certainly including Christians) need charismatic and vibrant preachers/gurus..who are "dynamic" and interesting..no matter how fake they may be..no one comes close this Superstar!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed May 02, 2012 11:54 pm

Maria S wrote:Aww..he is the Superstar Swami!Smile

I knew he would make a comeback..it happened even sooner and bigger than I thought!

In this "media savvy" telegenic era..for getting attention and fund raising in crores and zillions..even religious institutions/orgs (am certainly including Christians) need charismatic and vibrant preachers/gurus..who are "dynamic" and interesting..no matter how fake they may be..no one comes close this Superstar!

>>>I am not sure, but I think he is the one with an ashram incorporated in los angeles. Come to think of it, which swami doesn't?

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed May 02, 2012 11:57 pm

indophile wrote:The Maharajah of our hometown in India had some really funny titles - Azaam Maharajah, Uza-ud-dowla, Jhaadkhand Paadshah, Yasal Yaamini, Manya Sultan, Khilaphate Islam, etc. etc., (conferred by Nizam of Hyderabad, and later, by Aurangzeb) followed by the name his dad wrote in a plate of rice, followed by OBE, KCIE, ABCD, EFGH, IJKL, etc., etc. (conferred by the British) that made up the tail of His Highness' identity.
Sounds like your king must have been a good fella after all! Is that Jhaadkhand badshah a reference to the tribal regions that are now the state of Jharkhand? The funniest title of course is the Khilafat-e-Islam! I remember reading the Nizam laid claim to that title after his son married the daughter of the deposed Ottoman sultan (who was until then the Khalifa).
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 03, 2012 12:00 am

[quote="indophile"]should henceforth be called - "Guru Maha Sannidhanam Sri la Sri Paramahamsa Sri Nityananda Sri Gnanasambanda Desika Paramacharya Swamigal."

The length of that title will put even Rajnikath to shame.

I will be assuming a new title on the holy day of the Ashada Shudh Pournami.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down