Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For Sara

+6
Rishi
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
MaxEntropy_Man
MulaiAzhagi
Bittu
Maria S
10 posters

Go down

For Sara Empty For Sara

Post by Maria S Mon May 07, 2012 11:11 am

Thought these two news items may interest you for obvious reasons!

*The first one may be of interest to you and just a few others too:)! And it's an interesting read with some new facts.

Female Breasts Are Bigger Than Ever, But Under Threat

Excerpts:

"We love breasts, yet we can't quite take them seriously," she writes. "We name them affectionately, but with a hint of insult. Breasts embarrass us. They're unpredictable. They're goofy. They can turn both babies and grown men into lunkheads."

Williams, 45, was inspired to write the book when she agreed to participate in a study of her breast milk when she was nursing her daughter. The results were startling -- her milk was full of chemicals, from pesticides to flame retardants. There were reports about toxic and chemical contaminants showing up in breast milk -- it was a great way to tell the story first-person," she told ABCNews.com. "I realized there was so much about breasts people don't know."

http://gma.yahoo.com/female-breasts-bigger-ever-under-threat-011608042--abc-news-health.html

And this one is not about the body...it's about an unusual soul, a kind soul.

Chinese Woman With Over 1500 Dogs

http://lifeisreallybeautiful.com/tag/ha-wenjin/
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

For Sara Empty Re: For Sara

Post by Bittu Mon May 07, 2012 11:14 am

Maria,
A titillating post from you on Monday morning. I'm definitely aroused. Why you doing this to me?

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon May 07, 2012 11:17 am

Hello Bittu!

Not sure, if I should say thanks for your response as I usually do Smile !

Seriously, it's a nice and useful read (imo)..besides the titillating part:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Bittu Mon May 07, 2012 11:53 am

Hello Maria,
I just can't seem to get past the titillation factor. Now I'm seeing bewbies everywhere. Can't work. Focus is gone.

Bittu

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Mon May 07, 2012 1:12 pm

I'm sure somehow you'll find a way to be focussed on your work, in spite of all the bewtiful distractions!

You men deserve so much credit for it:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Mon May 07, 2012 3:28 pm

Maria,

Thanks for posting this.

The first thing this woman should do is to hire some vets and spay all the female dogs and then neuter all the male dogs. It is going to be a very big task.

It is so nice to see the dogs having free space to run around.

BTW a visit to your local county animal shelter will break your heart. All those abandoned pets want to go home with you. If the animal is lucky, it gets adopted by a loving family.

Most of the animals in the shelter are put to sleep within a week of their arrival.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 09, 2012 8:25 am

Sure Sara.

It is certainly hard to visit an animal shelter or orphanages for that matter, for the same reasons.

On a different matter..today is our friend Mr. VP's birthday (if you did not know!) He is healthy and thriving in Facebook- seems to be enjoying the company of many of his Sulekha friends..spunky as ever- at 74!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 09, 2012 10:32 am

Maria S wrote:Sure Sara.

It is certainly hard to visit an animal shelter or orphanages for that matter, for the same reasons.

On a different matter..today is our friend Mr. VP's birthday (if you did not know!) He is healthy and thriving in Facebook- seems to be enjoying the company of many of his Sulekha friends..spunky as ever- at 74!

i am not on facebook, so please convey to smegma thatha my very best wishes.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 09, 2012 10:48 am

I'll send him a note. You mean virile and naughty thatha, well at least projects himself that way:)

You are not on Facebook?

Someone posted a funny matrimonial Ad this morning (am still having difficulty posting images here). A potential groom- handsome and who is making Rs. 10 lakhs per month, which can be enticing a little!..seeking a bride..who among other things- is bubbly, but MUST be a "Non Facebook User"..was kind of amusing:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed May 09, 2012 10:49 am

Maria S wrote:
You are not on Facebook?

no and resolutely so. posting images is easy. enclose within square brackets the word "img" after that post the image location then enclose "/img" within square brackets. you're done.

For Sara URL%20for%20image%20location
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 09, 2012 11:59 am

Thanks, I'll keep trying.

Not joining Facebook or any other site, is a perfectly fine choice.

Like any other on line site or tool..it's only as good/helpful/fun depending on the users, and one has to be careful.

On a different note again (!)..

Goodness..I was late getting to Facebook..and got my first iPad just in Dec (thought I was so tech savvy and cool!) looks like I was late.. literally (like Menaka aka Ms. I) used to say..the Zoos are on line now..interacting-skyping having fun with iPads!

Orangutans to Skype between zoos with iPads

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/111143-orangutans-to-skype-between-zoos-with-ipads

Too funny!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed May 09, 2012 12:08 pm

A funny comment on this!

"Things were a lot more personal in my day. Back then, if orangutans wanted to communicate they'd meet and scratch each other, pick up the phone, or sit down and write a letter Very Happy "
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:45 pm

Sara,
Instead of starting a new thread- thought I would post in this old one..
Thought you may want to see what one of your fellow-fans of Puratchi Thalaivi Jayalalitha created for her Birthday (as you may be celebrating today- as other followers are!)
Take about worship and adoration:)

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/PIC_231164.html

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/slideshow_the-day-s-best-pictures_1803795#top
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Maria S wrote:Sara,
Instead of starting a new thread- thought I would post in this old one..
Thought you may want to see what one of your fellow-fans of Puratchi Thalaivi Jayalalitha created for her Birthday (as you may be celebrating today- as other followers are!)

http://www.tradearabia.com/news/PIC_231164.html

http://www.dnaindia.com/world/slideshow_the-day-s-best-pictures_1803795#top

1. what a bunch of idiotic fans.

2. The bloody "Sculpture" is going to stink within 12 hours. I bet even Amma would not want to see the ghoulish sculpture - it does not do justice to her erstwhile heroine image.

I saw an interview of actor Sivakumar. He said JJ attended the marriages of all 3 of children coming to his house/marriage hall. She was a CM during the time of all 3 marriages.

when invited for his daughter's marriage, JJ told him that she missed his marriage in 1974 and to compensate would certainly attend the marriage. She attended Surya's marriage by coming in at 5 AM saying she was curious about the entire hindu marriage being conducted mantras recited in Tamil. She sat through for 4 to 5 hours.

Second son's marriage was out of town, and she promptly came to their house the very next day to congratulate the bride/groom who had just arrived back from Erode after the marriage previous day.

Not bad to see the other side of JJ - that she still stays in touch with her erstwhile associates as an erstwhile associate.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:10 pm

Maria,

I just talked to Sara about this.

She called puratchithalavi. It seems our leader does not like this at all. She is deeply offended by this and has asked her fans to help the poor and the old instead of resorting to blind hero worship.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:25 pm

Maria S wrote:
Take about worship and adoration:)

also known as go matha day.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:33 pm

Is that a cheer like "Go, mata go!"?

She is really a pig with lipstick.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:15 pm

Rishi wrote:Maria,

She called puratchithalavi. It seems our leader does not like this at all. She is deeply offended by this and has asked her fans to help the poor and the old instead of resorting to blind hero worship.

I posted some comments earlier, but deleted them.
Did not want to tease "your friend"/my friend Sara too much..I think of "him" as a "him"..but if he is a she-he, what can I say:)

Ok now..handsome hunks- Puratchi Professor and High-style HA..easy now..on the birthday baby.

I am not a fan..but, she was quite beautiful..some pounds lighter.

*U..it may have been the same interview we watched..Sivakumar is a nice/humble gentleman..his personal stories about Sivaji, MGR..and other legends were riveting to listen too..

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:32 pm

rishi, do you have multiple personality disorder?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:19 pm

lol rishi, u called her? my ex had this kind of dedication to Amitabh Bachchan. He managed to meet him 2 times. Thank God that insanity is now over. He still reads his blogs daily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:30 pm

bw wrote:

ROFL.

I am getting there.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:55 pm

Whatever it is..personality, persona..I liked Sara.

Don't know something is lost/missing when people make changes in their name- a little boring, imo.

This may be one of the few and last places people still do that on line- for whatever reasons.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:28 pm

bw wrote:

ah...like the gods and goddesses that we know:)

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:30 pm

Rishi wrote:
bw wrote:

ROFL.

I am getting there.

dhooL..that's intriguing evolution right there !

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Feb 24, 2013 9:58 pm

Rishi wrote:
bw wrote:

ROFL.

I am getting there.

Now there you go.. You can always blame it on the other persona. Also, if you remove your Poonal when(ever) you meet the Princess, you will protect the sanctity of your Bramindom.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Also, if you remove your Poonal when(ever) you meet the Princess, you will protect the sanctity of your Bramindom.

Seriously speaking, I stopped wearing that thirty years ago.
Just curious. Why did you bring it up?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:19 pm

Rishi wrote:Also, if you remove your Poonal when(ever) you meet the Princess, you will protect the sanctity of your Bramindom.

Just remembered that these days women dont even wear mangalsutra... then Tambrahms should be allowed to remove their poonal for "convenience" then the Egyptian princess angle came to my mind and a way out of your guilt if at all anything is there.

A musalman ? that too a True, Original, superior, high caste muslim woman ?

You will become a Brahmin-grade unofficial Musalman...this is your golden chance.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:55 pm

Uppili wrote:
Rishi wrote:Also, if you remove your Poonal when(ever) you meet the Princess, you will protect the sanctity of your Bramindom.

Just remembered that these days women dont even wear mangalsutra... then Tambrahms should be allowed to remove their poonal for "convenience" then the Egyptian princess angle came to my mind and a way out of your guilt if at all anything is there.

You will become a Brahmin-grade unofficial Musalman...this is your golden chance.

Talking about Musalmans and brahmins, is it true that Tipu Sultan killed a lot of brahmins?

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Uppili Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:32 am

Rishi wrote:
Uppili wrote:

Talking about Musalmans and brahmins, is it true that Tipu Sultan killed a lot of brahmins?

All Koranist kings killed Brahmins - the only group that knew how to read/write and could spread/keep Hinduism alive. That is why all movements - Islamic or Communism (Pol Pot/gang of Four/Mao/Stalin, etc. - they target the intellectuals or ppl who cld read/write.

Tippu - himself an illiterate - was no exception.

Uppili

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down