Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calculus without limits

3 posters

Go down

Calculus without limits Empty Calculus without limits

Post by MulaiAzhagi Sun May 13, 2012 11:08 pm

http://ckraju.net/papers/calculus-without-limits-background-paper.pdf

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Calculus without limits Empty Re: Calculus without limits

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon May 14, 2012 11:41 am

do you understand his article? other than the fact that he is averse to teaching calculus to high school students using standard algebraic and geometry-based methods and wants to go straightaway to numerical methods, i didn't understand much of raju's verbal diarrhea. he also seems to have some allergy to westerners. perhaps you could explain his big points to me.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by MulaiAzhagi Mon May 14, 2012 12:36 pm

===> I just posted it here for guys like you to comment on. I hardly understand what he is talking about.

I think he does go overboard on this western stuff. If we go by his logic, Indians have to stop wearing pants and shirts because it originated from the west.

Japanese did not invent Calculus or Science. But they have beaten the west in many areas of engineering and technology. AFAIK Japanese do not go around bragging about how advance they were in Math and Science 1000 years ago. Nor they feel inferior to the west for not being pioneers in the past. Indians should learn from them.

MulaiAzhagi

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Mon May 14, 2012 3:12 pm

MulaiAzhagi wrote:.......... pants and shirts because it originated from the west.
hmm. i thought the ancient west wore long pieces of clothing until the arabs who first cut cloth stitched and shaped

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down