Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

No more plastic

3 posters

Go down

No more plastic Empty No more plastic

Post by Idéfix Wed May 16, 2012 11:59 pm

Hawaii becomes the first state to ban the use of plastic bags at retail points of sale. The ban will take effect in three years, and once in effect, even paper bags will need to have at least 40% recycled content in them. This sort of ban has been in effect in San Francisco for a while now, and it appears to have led to a greater use of reusable shopping bags. I hope more communities follow the lead of Hawaii.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/16/11720480-hawaii-first-state-to-ban-plastic-bags-at-checkout?lite
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

No more plastic Empty Re: No more plastic

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Thu May 17, 2012 12:05 am

panini press wrote:Hawaii becomes the first state to ban the use of plastic bags at retail points of sale. The ban will take effect in three years, and once in effect, even paper bags will need to have at least 40% recycled content in them. This sort of ban has been in effect in San Francisco for a while now, and it appears to have led to a greater use of reusable shopping bags. I hope more communities follow the lead of Hawaii.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/05/16/11720480-hawaii-first-state-to-ban-plastic-bags-at-checkout?lite

Of course..... bicycling with quo Vadis + no A/C (current)+bus/train....

Woww....back to the future (late 1920s)

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

No more plastic Empty Mr.McGuire was wrong!

Post by Kris Thu May 17, 2012 12:31 am

panini press wrote:Hawaii becomes the first state to ban the use of plastic bags at retail points of sale. The ban will take effect in three years, and once in effect, even paper bags will need to have at least 40% recycled content in them. This sort of ban has been in effect in San Francisco for a while now, and it appears to have led to a greater use of reusable shopping bags. I hope more communities follow the lead of Hawaii.

Mr.McGuire was wrong, after all!

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 17, 2012 12:41 am

Haha... how the world changes in less than 50 years!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu May 17, 2012 12:53 am

panini press wrote:Haha... how the world changes in less than 50 years!

>>>And what if Elaine Robinson also had turned out to be a nag? Murphy's law all the way around Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 17, 2012 1:05 am

LOL. BTW, just discovered a great French place on the other side of the tunnel... Cypress in Walnut Creek. Check it out if you haven't been there.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Thu May 17, 2012 1:09 am

panini press wrote:LOL. BTW, just discovered a great French place on the other side of the tunnel... Cypress in Walnut Creek. Check it out if you haven't been there.

>>>Will check it out. That's about 25 minutes for me. We went ethiopian on mother's day ('Ethiopia' on Telegraph close to Ashby). I think that's the first time I have had it. Pretty good and unassuming place too.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down