Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How many unique visitors does this CH have?

2 posters

Go down

How many unique visitors does this CH have? Empty How many unique visitors does this CH have?

Post by Petrichor Thu May 17, 2012 10:58 am

Back-of-envelope suggests there are about 20-30 views per response, so my guesstimate is there are may be 22 unique visitors. Whats your number?

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

How many unique visitors does this CH have? Empty Re: How many unique visitors does this CH have?

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 11:01 am

you are talking about posters. visitors may be much more.

Back to top Go down

How many unique visitors does this CH have? Empty Re: How many unique visitors does this CH have?

Post by Petrichor Thu May 17, 2012 11:04 am

No ...I am talking Views - if you notice for every 1 response to a thread, over a 24 hour period, more or less, there would be 20-30 views and assuming that each view was a unique visitor (not a huge stretch to make that assumption), my guesstimate is probably true.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu May 17, 2012 11:07 am

Its not an exact science here but I discounted specialized topics such as Cricket or contentitious topics where the only interest is from the two contenders who go on ad-hominem binges of attacks against each other.

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 11:13 am

Tracy Whitney wrote:you are talking about posters. visitors may be much more.

visitor views also show up in "views" count.

@atcg you are right but it may not be the same set of 20 posters. for example i do not click on all threads. likewise, every person must be having a preference-pattern. but yeah, that would not increase the figure of 20 by a whole lot.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 11:17 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Tracy Whitney wrote:you are talking about posters. visitors may be much more.

visitor views also show up in "views" count.

@atcg you are right but it may not be the same set of 20 posters. for example i do not click on all threads. likewise, every person must be having a preference-pattern. but yeah, that would not increase the figure of 20 by a whole lot.

guess the best estimate would be to have Bittu or Vee to post something, and have no one reply to it. Then count the number of views, and divide it by 2 or 3, depending on the content of the post.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 17, 2012 11:52 am

Here is a forum statistic that surprised me:

Most users ever online date Wed Dec 28, 2011 11:29 am Most users ever online 62
I believe this metric only counts the number of logged in handles at a time. I wouldn't have put the actual number of users here higher than 30, so the number surprised me.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu May 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Attributing the drop of 32 users:

1. Perception of cliques - 25%
2. Ad hominem attacks - 30%
3. Insipid links - 15%
4. Cliche'd topics - 20%
5. Dieters who dont want to talk about food - 10%

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu May 17, 2012 12:05 pm

lol!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 17, 2012 12:45 pm

lol pp.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down