Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Obama - tough week(s)

2 posters

Go down

Obama - tough week(s) Empty Obama - tough week(s)

Post by truthbetold Thu May 24, 2012 8:18 pm

Obama is still mainting lead over Mitt romney, euro problem is clouding the election. US economy seems to be showing some strength. Slow but steady growth is observed by most economists and numbers support that claim. However the slowly (really slowly) evolving Greek tragedy could turn the tide and push US to stagnation out of fear and euro collapse.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Obama - tough week(s) Empty Re: Obama - tough week(s)

Post by Idéfix Thu May 24, 2012 11:18 pm

It looks like Eurozone countries are preparing for the coming grexit. I don't think there is political will to stop that outcome. There are bound to be spillover effects here. The question is how big. Team Obama's hope must be that neither Spain nor Italy goes into bailout mode in the summer or fall. If those situations come to pass, they will be praying that happens in 2013, not this year.

I think it's too early to read anything into polling numbers. I will start paying attention to the polls after the conventions. If the economy is strong and unemployment dips below 8% by then, I won't have to follow any polls at all -- that's what I am hoping for Smile.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down