Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Walking back: how to extract foot from mouth

2 posters

Go down

Walking back: how to extract foot from mouth Empty Walking back: how to extract foot from mouth

Post by Idéfix Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:34 am

Mitt Romney said the other day that the difference in prosperity between Israel and Palestine (a difference that he grossly misstated by citing the wrong numbers) is due to "culture" and "other things." He reinforced that with "culture makes all the difference." Now he is trying to walk-back the half-assed remark that was inspired by his "business experience."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-503544_162-57483302-503544/romney-i-did-not-speak-about-palestinian-culture/

Now, his tactic for the walk back? "I did not say what I said. And I won't say it again during this campaign." The appalling nature of Romney's comment can only be understood when you compare Israel's illegal occupation of Palestine for 45 years with apartheid South Africa. In both cases, the ruling ethnic group prospered, while the subjugated people suffered great hardships and resorted to terrorist and other tactics to free themselves from oppression.

Now I wonder how he will put his foot in it in Poland.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Walking back: how to extract foot from mouth Empty Re: Walking back: how to extract foot from mouth

Post by Maria S Tue Jul 31, 2012 12:02 pm

Can't make this stuff up!

Absolutely nothing wrong in having controversial positions..but, why "walk back"- distance yourself from "Ownership of Projects/Accomplishments"..everything from Health Care to Equality laws..

He has even distanced himself from his poor dancing horse..saying it is his wife's horse..and he does not care about it's "Olympic dreams"..knows nothing about it!

Can't make this stuff up! Nope, not good in my book- if a man distances himself from his cat, dog, horses!

http://news.yahoo.com/romney-puts-horse-sized-distance-between-himself-dressage-170050856--abc-news-politics.html

Excerpts:
"It's a big, exciting experience for my wife. I have to tell you, this is Ann's sport," he said. "I'm not even sure which day the sport goes on. She will get the chance to see it, I will not be watching the event. I hope her horse does well. But just the honor of being here and representing our country and seeing the other Olympians is … something which I'm sure the people that are associated with this are looking forward to."

But it was just recently that Mitt Romney was one of "the people that are associated" with team Rafalca. During the Dressage World Cup in April, Rafalca performed to music personally chosen by the Republican presidential candidate.

Horses have long been a shared hobby of the Romney couple. Mitt Romney has talked enthusiastically about his interest in riding, telling Fox News in April that, "Me, I have a Missouri Fox Trotter. So mine is like a quarter horse, but just a much better gait."

So why the waning enthusiasm? Perhaps now, amid attacks on his wealth and financial dealings, he wants to try and distance himself from this rarefied world of "horse ballet," as dressage is commonly called.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Walking back: how to extract foot from mouth Empty Re: Walking back: how to extract foot from mouth

Post by Idéfix Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:24 am

Now, Romney is walking back the walk-back.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/07/31/mitt-romney-culture_n_1726431.html?utm_hp_ref=elections-2012
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down