Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indira was India and India was Indira - A good analysis

2 posters

Go down

Indira was India and India was Indira - A good analysis Empty Indira was India and India was Indira - A good analysis

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:11 pm

..“politics” as a closed system in India. “If I had not come from my family, I wouldn’t be here. You can enter the system either through family or friends or money. Without family, friends or money, you cannot enter the system. My father was in politics. My grandmother and great grandfather were in politics. So, it was easy for me to enter politics. This is a problem. I am a symptom of this problem. I want to change it.”...

If he really meant it, I might even like this dude....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Indira was India and India was Indira - A good analysis Empty Re: Indira was India and India was Indira - A good analysis

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:57 pm

Is this rahul gandhi?
To his credit he waited for 7 years to exercise direct power. The problem is the ability to deal with a really complex nation with really hard problems. No matter how good hisintentions were or how bad his ambition was any indian pm will be tested severly. Current pm mms after a reasonable first term is now completely beyond his ability. Mms managed as a technocrat in the first term. I
Second term is demanding great political leadership. He and his master sonia were hopelessly outclassed by the complexity. Ex: upa management financial scams telengana terrorism etc. Rahul may find himself easily overwhelmed by indian problems.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Indira was India and India was Indira - A good analysis Empty Re: Indira was India and India was Indira - A good analysis

Post by truthbetold Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:05 pm

If this is anna or his group his efforts at politics will fail. He is neither democratic nor charismatic. Anna does not have the halo of jp. Anna should focus on few local places whete he may have some support such as maharastra. Anna never went to people. Masses followed.him.because all other political leadership.is tarnished by their own records. Running a political entity is a different ball game.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:05 pm

truthbetold wrote:Is this rahul gandhi?
To his credit he waited for 7 years to exercise direct power. The problem is the ability to deal with a really complex nation with really hard problems. No matter how good hisintentions were or how bad his ambition was any indian pm will be tested severly. Current pm mms after a reasonable first term is now completely beyond his ability. Mms managed as a technocrat in the first term. I
Second term is demanding great political leadership. He and his master sonia were hopelessly outclassed by the complexity. Ex: upa management financial scams telengana terrorism etc. Rahul may find himself easily overwhelmed by indian problems.

As they say, building something is difficult. Rahul will have an uphill task of first destroying the sycophancy culture, clear the debris, and then build the forgotten democratic organization from the scratch. I saw he appointed some young 35yr old Jyothi Mani, and another tamilian woman settled in Bhopal in key positions. These are not connected to any political family. So he has the heart.

But, Rajiv also was a good man with good intention when he entered politics in 1980. I was his fan. But, by 1984 he had changed and corrupted by the rotten Congress. So it will be good to replace the old guard with the younger crowd before taking over at the helm.

But, I expect Priyanka to show up on the political scene at some point in the future and split the political family.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down