Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my wife

+4
truthbetold
Hellsangel
Jeremiah Mburuburu
Maria S
8 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

my wife Empty my wife

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 2:37 pm

(this is from my journal and it is an entry i made long ago. i chanced upon it a few days ago and found it nice. i likes!)

My wife

And what a companion she is, my wife. Through thick and thin. I led her round and round the fire. It was wee morning – I had wanted to pee so badly. But on and on we went, around the sacred, purgatorial, cathartic fire. And the pundit swore and shrieked profundities into the universe; we were shaking and sweating and he was hurtling nuclear arsenals, armoury from the Upanishads, and a softer voice was translating into Hindi for the audience’s pleasure. And Om Namo Swaha he went, the rabid pundit, much against our protest, our jaded minds tired, we sleepy, but he’d slap and wake us up … it’s your marriage, he’d scream! And – the drums did roar, the stars did explode and we were union-ed. It was our marriage. It was solemnized and to be consummated shortly thereafter. My wife, her brother, sisters, mother, father, all cried when I took her away. I looked around. Everyone was crying. I felt odd, strange, a pariah. So I joined them. I too cried. Through thick and thin the pundit had said and the words rang in my ears in the hotel. Through this life and the beyond. They rang, so painfully they rang, in my eardrums. I was wearing a turban. I was on a horse. I had been caricaturized, as was due to me. It was my nemesis, ha, ha, that funny little attire and lipstick! That was the conjugation due to me, ha, ha.

The pundit and the rites were all hogwash. I was aware of my duties from much before. I had rehearsed my marriage many times over. And I was expecting no love between my wife and I. Love was juvenile. There was no such thing. And I cared for my wife. I indulged her and gave her companionship. She reciprocated and we procreated. And I lived happily ever after. This is love I’d feel, although it isn’t described as such. And that, that is lust I’d say when I looked at the picture of Madhuri Dixit on TV. Sometimes I’d forget. I’d stray ‘cos I had leisure. And I’d think: love, lust and something more? Was I missing something? Was there something more? Yes there was, by God, and I’d jump, let me taste its fruit, I can smell it! No, no, no husband, my wife would countermand, there isn’t. Look at me, I am so happy with this universe and you in it … why can’t you be like me? Why breach faith? But no there is, I’d shout, and jump in the air trying to seize it (like a buffoon) and she’d shout, No there isn’t! That’s your own self! That’s a mirror! Conference of the Birds! Fariduddin Attar! Don’t you remember? And I’d say, Oh! You’re right and fall. Wife, let me be … with you, here, right here, in your arms, forever, like this, and, yes, please forgive me. Forgiven, she’d lament. Forgiven. You men are all the same. Yes, yes, it’s all the same, all the same, I’d rant. And we’d live happily ever after.

Back to top Go down

my wife Empty Re: my wife

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:19 pm

Good write up. Question is. Between you jumping to catch those fruit, and you falling back to your wife, were those fruits held temporarily? And if yes, how many fruits are we talking about? Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:59 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote: You’re right and fall. Wife, let me be … with you, here, right here, in your arms, forever, like this, and, yes, please forgive me. Forgiven, she’d lament. Forgiven.

Hujju, when did this realization dawn on you? Is it before or after 'even' the married aunties would make you their e-bhaiyya? Razz

Cute account. Your wife shld read it.

Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 12:56 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:Good write up. Question is. Between you jumping to catch those fruit, and you falling back to your wife, were those fruits held temporarily? And if yes, how many fruits are we talking about? Smile

ha ha. only one to be honest. i had a brief e-fling just before i joined sulekha in 1998. my wife caught me after a few months and i apologized and promised never to repeat it. i had actually written this for the girl even before i'd get caught!

kinnera wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote: You’re right and fall. Wife, let me be … with you, here, right here, in your arms, forever, like this, and, yes, please forgive me. Forgiven, she’d lament. Forgiven.

Hujju, when did this realization dawn on you? Is it before or after 'even' the married aunties would make you their e-bhaiyya? Razz
Razz

Cute account. Your wife shld read it.

Smile
great! i'll make her read it tonight. i haven't shared this with her yet. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:00 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:(this is from my journal and it is an entry i made long ago. i chanced upon it a few days ago and found it nice. i likes!)

My wife

And what a companion she is, my wife. Through thick and thin. I led her round and round the fire. It was wee morning – I had wanted to pee so badly. But on and on we went, around the sacred, purgatorial, cathartic fire. And the pundit swore and shrieked profundities into the universe; we were shaking and sweating and he was hurtling nuclear arsenals, armoury from the Upanishads, and a softer voice was translating into Hindi for the audience’s pleasure. And Om Namo Swaha he went, the rabid pundit, much against our protest, our jaded minds tired, we sleepy, but he’d slap and wake us up … it’s your marriage, he’d scream! And – the drums did roar, the stars did explode and we were union-ed. It was our marriage. It was solemnized and to be consummated shortly thereafter. My wife, her brother, sisters, mother, father, all cried when I took her away. I looked around. Everyone was crying. I felt odd, strange, a pariah. So I joined them. I too cried. Through thick and thin the pundit had said and the words rang in my ears in the hotel. Through this life and the beyond. They rang, so painfully they rang, in my eardrums. I was wearing a turban. I was on a horse. I had been caricaturized, as was due to me. It was my nemesis, ha, ha, that funny little attire and lipstick! That was the conjugation due to me, ha, ha.

The pundit and the rites were all hogwash. I was aware of my duties from much before. I had rehearsed my marriage many times over. And I was expecting no love between my wife and I. Love was juvenile. There was no such thing. And I cared for my wife. I indulged her and gave her companionship. She reciprocated and we procreated. And I lived happily ever after. This is love I’d feel, although it isn’t described as such. And that, that is lust I’d say when I looked at the picture of Madhuri Dixit on TV. Sometimes I’d forget. I’d stray ‘cos I had leisure. And I’d think: love, lust and something more? Was I missing something? Was there something more? Yes there was, by God, and I’d jump, let me taste its fruit, I can smell it! No, no, no husband, my wife would countermand, there isn’t. Look at me, I am so happy with this universe and you in it … why can’t you be like me? Why breach faith? But no there is, I’d shout, and jump in the air trying to seize it (like a buffoon) and she’d shout, No there isn’t! That’s your own self! That’s a mirror! Conference of the Birds! Fariduddin Attar! Don’t you remember? And I’d say, Oh! You’re right and fall. Wife, let me be … with you, here, right here, in your arms, forever, like this, and, yes, please forgive me. Forgiven, she’d lament. Forgiven. You men are all the same. Yes, yes, it’s all the same, all the same, I’d rant. And we’d live happily ever after.

Everything IS GOOD- in this write up..well, really honest and great, and me likes it too E-friend!

The descriptions are vivid..and paint the pictures..

For those of us who fall madly in love, the beginnings-expectations are just a little different..there is nothing juvenile about "Love and Lust", the expectations are way higher..but beyond that- the journey of marriage-emotions you describe (for those who want it to last until eternity) are just the same!

And funny, a man like you who says you had expectations of a "practical/realistic and matter of fact" marriage is such a poetic/romantic soul!

No matter how many Madhuris, fruits and flowers are around..may come and go..

May you both live happily together until eternity flower !

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:25 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:he’d slap and wake us up … it’s your marriage, he’d scream!
100 times:

it’s your wedding, he’d scream!

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:39 am

Maria S wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:And funny, a man like you who says you had expectations of a "practical/realistic and matter of fact" marriage is such a poetic/romantic soul!
no poetry or romance here. all hoozay meant is that he wanted his daily dose of aloo-gobi for lunch, and gobi-aloo for dinner. nothing could be more practical. and for that, he would marry her. and why would he? because his large joint family ordered him to. he might as well have married ganpat ram.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:44 am

The old SOB (i.e. dog) was a revolutionary for his time. You see, he did NOT have an arranged marriage.
Wait, actually he did.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:55 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:...we went, around the sacred, purgatorial, cathartic fire.
the words in bold text are synonyms, and should not be used one after the other; you're not obliged to use every synonym in your thesaurus, and you're not required to use the thesaurus every minute of the day.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:58 am

Hellsangel wrote:The old SOB (i.e. dog)...
hahaha. inspired translation! new thesaurus?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:59 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:...we went, around the sacred, purgatorial, cathartic fire.
the words in bold text are synonyms, and should not be used one after the other; you're not obliged to use every synonym in your thesaurus, and you're not required to use the thesaurus every minute of the day.

what if he wants to?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:06 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:he’d slap and wake us up … it’s your marriage, he’d scream!
100 times:

Flim flam

Your arrogance clouds your fading faculties. The people in this story used marriage day to mean wedding day. So in this context the usage was proper. However it would be interesting to see you standing on a street corner in India and shouting "it is not marriage day. It is your wedding day".

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:10 am

Maria S wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:...I was expecting no love between my wife and I. Love was juvenile. There was no such thing.
hahaha, the joint family had done quite a job on you! brainwashing at its best! by the time they were done, your thoughts were as independent as a zucchini's!

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:11 am

Maria S wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:...I was expecting no love between my wife and I. Love was juvenile. There was no such thing.
hahaha, the joint family had done quite a job on you! brainwashing at its best! by the time they were done, your thoughts were as independent as a zucchini's!

Jerry, do u believe in love?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:39 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:...And I was expecting no love between my wife and I.
100 times:

I was expecting no love between my wife and me.

note: americans have been correctly cautioned for decades about their frequent use of "me" where they should use an "I," as in "my wife and i drove to seattle" (correct) vs "my wife and me drove to seattle" (incorrect). now they're confused, and they overcorrect and indiscriminately use an "i" whenever they have a tendency to use a "me," even when the "me" is correct. this is one of those instances.

suggestion for hoo: abandon all thoughts of appealing to prof. jagdish bhagwaty for certification that you're right.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:46 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:I was wearing a turban. I was on a horse.
hahaha. i saw the wedding photographs you displayed at chat some months ago. hahaha... excuse me... i'll describe that horse and you on it later.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:50 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:...I had been caricaturized, as was due to me.
did you know that charvak gets very upset when someone uses "caricaturized" rather than "caricatured?"

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Aug 19, 2012 10:57 am

Maria S wrote:
i was addressing hoozay, not maria, in the above post

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:02 am

did you know that charvak gets very upset when someone uses "caricaturized" rather than "caricatured?"

since when did u start quoting others to make your point? rashu influenced u so much?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:36 am

Maria S wrote:
Everything IS GOOD- in this write up..well, really honest and great, and me likes it too E-friend! The descriptions are vivid..and paint the pictures..
aw, you make me blush (if that were even possible). flower for you e-friend!

For those of us who fall madly in love, the beginnings-expectations are just a little different..there is nothing juvenile about "Love and Lust", the expectations are way higher..but beyond that- the journey of marriage-emotions you describe (for those who want it to last until eternity) are just the same!
yes. i believe both love and arranged marriages proceed along the same path after marriage. what has happened before the marriage ceases to matter (after marriage).

And funny, a man like you who says you had expectations of a "practical/realistic and matter of fact" marriage is such a poetic/romantic soul!
ha ha! i am feeling a bit flattered now.

No matter how many Madhuris, fruits and flowers are around..may come and go..

May you both live happily together until eternity flower !
Smile thanks!

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:39 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:I was wearing a turban. I was on a horse.
hahaha. i saw the wedding photographs you displayed at chat some months ago. hahaha... excuse me... i'll describe that horse and you on it later.
please do. if possible do describe newer things in the pic. over what you already have (starving horse & my glum face). i hope i am not asking for too much.

btw, thanks for copy editing my vignette for free. i admire your altruism. but have a flower . i hope you won't mind my posting a few longer pieces hoping the same service from you?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:39 pm

FB gem:

my wife Tumblr_l5pqhuFl7Z1qbpwzeo1_400

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:FB gem:

my wife Tumblr_l5pqhuFl7Z1qbpwzeo1_400

Sometimes it's better to be a woman. So much easier to throw your hands up in the air, look confused, maybe shed a tear, and say, 'I love u', or 'I don't love u any more', depending on whatever u wanna say, and still hold the rights to be held, hugged, and consoled.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Aug 19, 2012 1:45 pm

lol! nats. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:21 am

HK, stream of consciousness attempt?

Came across honest. Liked the style (of course, some editing is called for) except for the "wee-pee" rhyme.

Do post more from your journal.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:37 am

thanks BW! yes, streams of consciousness attempt. i'll post more in time now that i have been encouraged!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:31 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:thanks BW! yes, streams of consciousness attempt. i'll post more in time now that i have been encouraged!
"stream-of-consciousness attempt," not "streams of consciousness attempt."

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:34 am

JM, this offering is dedicated to the great love between you and (i) my babbii. please oblige.

Mohini

Mohini got engaged while she was giving her B.A finals. Shortly after her exams, she got married to Rohit. Rohit was the owner of a travel agency that had travel desks in a few posh hotels in Bombay. Mohini’s parents were sure that Rohit would give Mohini all the material comforts of life - like flying to Ahmedabad where they lived, owning washing machines, 21” colour TVs, cars, servants etc. Then, they had thought, the prospective groom was such a fine, soft-spoken gentleman with no bad habits at all. Rohit would not disappoint them.

Mohini had never known that marriage could mean so much bliss. Her mother-in-law treated her like her own child. Rohit was the most caring and sensitive man she had known. The first two years of marriage were like a prolonged honey moon, an extended love affair. They did not fight, except on one occasion. It had led to Rohit sulking. After one and a half days of sulking, he had nestled his head in Mohini’s breasts and they had both cried their hearts out. It was sweet for they both learned, for the first and hopefully the last time, what agony distrust could bring. They fell in tune with each other as time passed.

Once while leaving his house for office, Rohit caught a glimpse of Mohini from across the road, leaning over the balustrade of his 1st floor verandah. He saw how beautiful Mohini looked: plump breasts, glowing skin, chewing something, betel mint perhaps, vermillion in her hair. She looked happy, contended, housewife-ish. From the way she observed whatever she was observing, it seemed that her heart was still fifteen. He hadn’t found Mohini so pretty when he had first seen her photo on a flight to Calcutta three years ago. With two tiny braids and dressed in her college uniform, she had looked gawkish. He had dragged his affirmation by about a year, and, as the story goes, had his parents delayed their affirmation to Mohini’s folks by even one day, Mohini would have gotten engaged to a retailer in Surat. What if this was Surat, he thought suddenly. The thought obsessed him. He began to explore, in his mind, Mohini’s course of life that had been preempted. He saw Mohini in Surat, leaning over a balustrade, with plump breasts, looking happy and he saw bed room scenes too. Rohit was dissatisfied that day for no matter which way he looked at it, Mohini was happy in Surat, quite as she was happy here.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:40 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:JM, this offering is dedicated to the great love between you and (i) my babbii. please oblige.

Mohini

Mohini got engaged while she was giving her B.A finals. Shortly after her exams, she got married to Rohit. Rohit was the owner of a travel agency that had travel desks in a few posh hotels in Bombay. Mohini’s parents were sure that Rohit would give Mohini all the material comforts of life - like flying to Ahmedabad where they lived, owning washing machines, 21” colour TVs, cars, servants etc. Then, they had thought, the prospective groom was such a fine, soft-spoken gentleman with no bad habits at all. Rohit would not disappoint them.

Mohini had never known that marriage could mean so much bliss. Her mother-in-law treated her like her own child. Rohit was the most caring and sensitive man she had known. The first two years of marriage were like a prolonged honey moon, an extended love affair. They did not fight, except on one occasion. It had led to Rohit sulking. After one and a half days of sulking, he had nestled his head in Mohini’s breasts and they had both cried their hearts out. It was sweet for they both learned, for the first and hopefully the last time, what agony distrust could bring. They fell in tune with each other as time passed.

Once while leaving his house for office, Rohit caught a glimpse of Mohini from across the road, leaning over the balustrade of his 1st floor verandah. He saw how beautiful Mohini looked: plump breasts, glowing skin, chewing something, betel mint perhaps, vermillion in her hair. She looked happy, contended, housewife-ish. From the way she observed whatever she was observing, it seemed that her heart was still fifteen. He hadn’t found Mohini so pretty when he had first seen her photo on a flight to Calcutta three years ago. With two tiny braids and dressed in her college uniform, she had looked gawkish. He had dragged his affirmation by about a year, and, as the story goes, had his parents delayed their affirmation to Mohini’s folks by even one day, Mohini would have gotten engaged to a retailer in Surat. What if this was Surat, he thought suddenly. The thought obsessed him. He began to explore, in his mind, Mohini’s course of life that had been preempted. He saw Mohini in Surat, leaning over a balustrade, with plump breasts, looking happy and he saw bed room scenes too. Rohit was dissatisfied that day for no matter which way he looked at it, Mohini was happy in Surat, quite as she was happy here.

rohit, mohini, plump, glowing skin, servants, washing machines & 21inch color tvs, surat, dissatisfied, betel leaf chewing...how quaintly and stereotypically northindian!

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:51 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:JM, this offering is dedicated to the great love between you and (i) my babbii. please oblige.

Mohini

Jealous of even a prospective alliance! What would he do if she actually had a boyfriend? Now I think there's a good reason why as a 11-year-old kid I was given evil-eyes by others (and scolded later) when I began telling my cousin's new bride about other prospective-brides that my cousin had seen and liked before her.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:14 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:Jealous of even a prospective alliance! What would he do if she actually had a boyfriend? Now I think there's a good reason why as a 11-year-old kid I was given evil-eyes by others (and scolded later) when I began telling my cousin's new bride about other prospective-brides that my cousin had seen and liked before her.
no, i don't think it was jealousy he (rohit) was seized with. he was seized with the frustrating and gnawing thought that he had little role to play in mohini's happiness. he was, in a way, dispensable, rather, easily replaceable.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:16 am

Mohini

i read only a few words of that. it sounds boring. sorry, boobsy.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:18 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:Jealous of even a prospective alliance! What would he do if she actually had a boyfriend? Now I think there's a good reason why as a 11-year-old kid I was given evil-eyes by others (and scolded later) when I began telling my cousin's new bride about other prospective-brides that my cousin had seen and liked before her.
no, i don't think it was jealousy he (rohit) was seized with. he was seized with the frustrating and gnawing thought that he had little role to play in mohini's happiness. he was, in a way, dispensable, rather, easily replaceable.

ya, I got what rohit felt. I could only think of the word jealousy to describe it at the time.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:18 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i read only a few words of that. it sounds boring. sorry, boobsy.
you mean the earlier one was not boring?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:22 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:i read only a few words of that. it sounds boring. sorry, boobsy.
you mean the earlier one was not boring?

miss the good ole days of chat when we would team-tag him to admit stuff.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:30 am

Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:09 pm

Ah, I see that that one stung. Nice.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:12 pm

lol!

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:100 times:

Jeri miyan, you don't have to say that a hundred times, once is more than enough. When an anti-caste crusader like you marries within the old caste to keep the family happy or because you think your caste is the bestest, it is not about what you expect any more; it is about what your parents set you up with, and how you distort your reality to keep yourself happy.

PS: From the emphasis on me, one might infer that you were expecting love between your wife and someone else. I hope that is just me (or is it I?) misreading your comment.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Mon Aug 20, 2012 12:23 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:miss the good ole days of chat when we would team-tag him to admit stuff.
I haven't been on chat in ages. Did vee unkil stop spending all night on chat waiting for HK and BW to show up, then?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:07 pm

panini press wrote:

Jeri miyan, you don't have to say that a hundred times, once is more than enough. When an anti-caste crusader like you marries within the old caste to keep the family happy or because you think your caste is the bestest, it is not about what you expect any more; it is about what your parents set you up with, and how you distort your reality to keep yourself happy.

PS: From the emphasis on me, one might infer that you were expecting love between your wife and someone else. I hope that is just me (or is it I?) misreading your comment.

not happening. for that, he needs to morph into rajnikanth.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:10 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:(this is from my journal and it is an entry i made long ago. i chanced upon it a few days ago and found it nice. i likes!)

My wife

e-bhaiya, what was for lunch on the day of the aforementioned ceremony? see, i read attentively, sometimes:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:22 pm

ha ha ha! i don't remember for i did not attend the buffet and was served on a thali instead but i was not in a mood to eat either so i just nibbled. but one of our relatives, who did feast, got a nasty heartburn on the return journey by train the next day that kept him awake and walking up and down the aisle the whole night in our bogey; he confessed that he had gorged, a bit excessively, in the delhi chaat stand.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:26 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ha ha ha! i don't remember for i did not attend the buffet and was served on a thali instead but i was not in a mood to eat either so i just nibbled. but one of our relatives, who did feast, got a nasty heartburn on the return journey by train the next day that kept him awake and walking up and down the aisle the whole night in our bogey; he confessed that he had gorged, a bit excessively, in the delhi chaat stand.

damn I want to feast on a desi wedding menu. Not the haiya-faiya weddings that take place now-a-days, but the medium-upper level kind, specially some pandit-maharaj is arranged for food.

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:ha ha ha! i don't remember for i did not attend the buffet and was served on a thali instead but i was not in a mood to eat either so i just nibbled. but one of our relatives, who did feast, got a nasty heartburn on the return journey by train the next day that kept him awake and walking up and down the aisle the whole night in our bogey; he confessed that he had gorged, a bit excessively, in the delhi chaat stand.

MD is related to you? :-) now, i am seriously interested. shh, don't tell him.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:48 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:damn I want to feast on a desi wedding menu. Not the haiya-faiya weddings that take place now-a-days, but the medium-upper level kind, specially some pandit-maharaj is arranged for food.
yeah! in my marriage wedding, the caterer was from amritsar (though i remember nothing of the food -- the caterer was decided through my in-laws' trade relationships) but i remember all the subsequent weddings of that house and the food (caterers changed to being those of kolkata, ranchi and, in the last wedding, to that of patna) was exquisite! munna halwai, of kolkata used to charge rs 600 a plate then for catering. very very pricey then! he catered for one of their weddings (he was still a small fry then). munna halwai is a kolkata product; owns erstwhile bluefox and one more restaurant in park street, kolkata, now, and was the chief caterer in l. n. mittal's daughter's wedding in france! (the saamiyar will definitely respond now -- i have touched his nerve.) mittal flew munna out with his troupe and spices. so, you are right. the experience of sampling the fare of a famous halwai/maharaj in an indian wedding cannot be found in restaurants or hotels. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:02 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:and walking up and down the aisle the whole night in our bogey...
bogie.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:37 am

panini press wrote:

rofl
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:42 am

Impedimenta wrote:

On the one hand, I resent that you think of me as a glutton. On the other hand, you thought of me. And you are seriously interested. Here, a flower for making my day.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:31 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Impedimenta wrote:

On the one hand, I resent that you think of me as a glutton. On the other hand, you thought of me. And you are seriously interested. Here, a flower for making my day.

the gluttonish reference was to get your attention. see, i am sometimes smart as well and ADD free when i want to be:-)

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next