Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

how did paul ryan do?

3 posters

Go down

how did paul ryan do? Empty how did paul ryan do?

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:07 am

he said "your leaders have failed you". i hope he included himself in "your leaders". after that it was one lie after another. he said obama took out $700 b out of medicare without mentioning his own plans guts it by a similar amount. he said the president ignored the recommendations of the bipartisan committee without mentioning that he himself a member of the committee had not supported it for altogether different reasons. he said he was going to level with us, but he didn't. he did very well indeed.

MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

how did paul ryan do? Empty Re: how did paul ryan do?

Post by Maria S Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:00 am

Ok, my take on last night:

Paul Ryan:

He did look handsome, fresh, energetic..quite likeable and his speech was well written and delivered! (The soft-little grunts were cute too..like a confident "look at me, I am doing so good up here!")

*What a difference physical appearance makes..esp. in these "telegenic- image is everything times"..

On substance..whoa, he told some "pretty lies", which were obvious to political junkies like us..but, may not be to the Republican base or even the average American voters..so may be he did sway undecided some minds- who were leaning Republican (will like to see how the Democrats deal with his speech in their convention).

Condi Rice:

Looked elegant, majestic and fabulous (never seen her sparkle and shine..like she did)..her dress was perfect..

On substance..don't like her world-views, all that she whispered in Pres. Bush's ears, heavily influencing him..and what that led to..so, I'll admit that I can't be objective..no matter what she says now.

Susanna Martinez:

Never heard about her..or seen her before..to me, being objective.. the best speech of the evening.

Physical Appearance: Homely, that's it:)

Substance..although she switched parties..there is something appealing about her admitting it..her direct, softer style-articulate..was nice, liked her..as I said, don't know much about her..she has a bright future..

*Kept thinking about Nikki Haley..who is far more physically attractive..but, her performance was flat so dull.

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:35 am

http://ht.ly/dlfby

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down