Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

what paul krugman fails to note...

2 posters

Go down

what paul krugman fails to note... Empty what paul krugman fails to note...

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Sep 01, 2012 12:16 pm

here is a clear eyed article on the sophomoric attachment paul ryan has to the ideas of ayn rand. there is one other contradiction that krugman failed to take note of. paul ryan wants to means-test future social security beneficiaries. in other words he wants to screw you if you nickel and dimed yourself, were frugal, put away money responsibly in your 401-k's and did the right thing -- virtues dearly held by ayn rand and by his own admission, paul ryan, and the rest of the republican gang. heck even i agree with those virtues. but if you did that, paul ryan wants to screw you. i hope the media and the debate moderators call him on this contradiction and his compulsive tendency to talk out of both sides of his mouth.

and the icing on the cake, the thing that REALLY stuck in the craw for me in his speech was when he said this:
the truest measure of any society is how it treats those who cannot defend or care for themselves.
the hypocrisy of it is just un-fucking-believable!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

what paul krugman fails to note... Empty Re: what paul krugman fails to note...

Post by Hellsangel Sat Sep 01, 2012 2:45 pm

Why this kolaveri, Il Professore?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down