Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1st day of school....

+2
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Jeremiah Mburuburu
6 posters

Go down

1st day of school.... Empty 1st day of school....

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:54 am

... and TODAY I forget to bring my phone (camera) with me... felt so un-ritualistic as they were getting on the bus and all the proud parents were clicking away while I stood there with my arms holding nothing.

btw, he already doesn't bother turning back even once to wave good bye, what will he do in future?!

Back to top Go down

1st day of school.... Empty Re: 1st day of school....

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:02 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:... and TODAY I forget to bring my phone (camera) with me... felt so un-ritualistic as they were getting on the bus and all the proud parents were clicking away while I stood there with my arms holding nothing.

btw, he already doesn't bother turning back even once to wave good bye, what will he do in future?!
he's probably embarrassed about the sequined lehnga you're wearing early in the morning.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:08 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:... and TODAY I forget to bring my phone (camera) with me... felt so un-ritualistic as they were getting on the bus and all the proud parents were clicking away while I stood there with my arms holding nothing.

He is a forward looking guy. Next year on getting on the bus, he will wave - at the girl sitting in the bus.

Life moves on.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:14 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:

he's probably embarrassed about the sequined lehnga you're wearing early in the morning.

hahaha... no no. if daughter, who is my worst critic, is right, then I am one of the cooler looking moms (definitely among the indian ones) and also one of the younger ones too, at least in her batch. She is similarly glad about her dad.

Her friends also think I am cool and funny. I am loved, and also a bit feared there. Coz daughter openly shares my opinion about e'one, so they all keep asking her, 'what does your mom think of me now?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:15 am

one day in chat, the conversation went something like this:

vee: i once effed a parsi woman in nyc
nats: really?
vee: i made her wear a sari before i effed her
nats: why did you make her wear a sari?
huzefa: wat crap! i'm outta here. bye nats.
<huzefa leaves room>

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:16 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

He is a forward looking guy. Next year on getting on the bus, he will wave - at the girl sitting in the bus.

Life moves on.

as long as those girls don't know he actually cries on the mornings of first days of school... Wink this is just a little mommy-beta secret, that even the older one doesn't know coz she leaves for school earlier.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:18 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

<huzefa leaves room>

rofl you missed an interesting convo that day hoojie...

Back to top Go down

Post by indophile Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:22 am

Natalia Romanova wrote: and also a bit feared there. Coz daughter openly shares my opinion about e'one

Reminds me of story where a mom was giving a bath to her twin daughters, and a neighbor rings the door bell. Mom swears "what kind of an a$$hole would stop by at this hour!" (it was a neighbor returning a book). Couple of days later they run into that neighbor at the local grocery store, and the kids yell - "mom, there's your a$$hole, say hi to her."

indophile

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:27 am

indophile wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote: and also a bit feared there. Coz daughter openly shares my opinion about e'one

Reminds me of story where a mom was giving a bath to her twin daughters, and a neighbor rings the door bell. Mom swears "what kind of an a$$hole would stop by at this hour!" (it was a neighbor returning a book). Couple of days later they run into that neighbor at the local grocery store, and the kids yell - "mom, there's your a$$hole, say hi to her."

yep, all kinds of embarrassments involved here. Like I would be driving daughter and a friend A somewhere, and daughter would go, 'see mommy, friend B is really nice, can you please not hate her now?' And I would somehow regain my composure and protest, 'when did I say I hate friend B. I like things x, y, and z about her, but I wasn't happy about what she did the other day'. And then I would explain, and somehow get them talking, and getting friend A to agree.

Phew, crisis saved. At least friend A won't think of me as a meddling biatch. I mean hopefully.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:34 am

Natalia Romanova wrote: rofl you missed an interesting convo that day hoojie...
really? i will come to chat a bit later and pry it from you if you are around. alternatively you can post the synopsis here, for all, if you are up to it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:51 am

It's actually not a big deal in case of sonny. It's just another elementary school year. But it is, for your daughter. First day of HS! I am all geared up to listen to the high school woes, tribulations, gossips and all, along with exciting and exhilarating stuff from now on Smile.

As for sonny not turning back...yeah, that's a li'l glance into the future. Trust me, you'll be glad that he won't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:55 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

interesting, but how's this relevant?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:58 am

kinnera wrote: First day of HS! I am all geared up to listen to the high school woes, tribulations, gossips and all, along with exciting and exhilarating stuff from now on Smile.

omg, I think this is the time I start drinking at home too. 3 pm onwards, life tipsy and all is fun!

The high school 'prep' talks went like - my outfit, my hair, my backpack, my stickers, my schedule, why-is-gym-the-last-period... AT THE SAME TIME 'high school is all about being mature, I am going to buy all grays and blacks'. Rolling Eyes I am like, 'galti se curriculum bhi khol ke dekh le, nahi?'

Last edited by Natalia Romanova on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:58 am

how is "sequined lehenga" relevant to nats' anecdote?

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:59 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

phlegmy, you've been making up stories abt days gone by when you fucked light skinned women wearing transparent sarees again? this parsi woman you purportedly fucked (sorry, effed) is she different than the light skinned jewish broad of eastern european persuasion? are you starting phlegmy2.0 story line with different players?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:09 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:Her friends also think I am cool and funny.
"funny," yes. the sequined lehnga would be funny.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:14 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:

The high school 'prep' talks went like - my outfit, my hair, my backpack, my stickers, my schedule, why-is-gym-the-last-period... AT THE SAME TIME 'high school is all about being mature, I am going to buy all grays and blacks'. Rolling Eyes I am like, 'galti se curriculum bhi khol ke dekh le, nahi?'

lol!

Natalia Romanova wrote:

lol! again!

The fun starts! Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:30 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
the relevance of the sequined lehnga would be obvious to all but the vegetables here; her son is too embarrassed to acknowledge that the woman in the lehnga who's waving good-bye to him is his mother, and refuses to wave back to her, as Our Darlin' laments.

now, how's the parsi woman you refer to relevant to this thread?

you think that Our Darlin' is not capable of responding aptly to what i said, and needs your crass irrelevance to oppose me, don't you? would that be because she's northindian?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:34 am

It looks like the old dog has a new object of his affection after being spurned by the Kishtiangirl.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:42 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
the relevance of the sequined lehnga would be obvious to all but the vegetables here; her son is too embarrassed to acknowledge that the woman in the lehnga who's waving good-bye to him is his mother, and refuses to wave back to her, as Our Darlin' laments.

which fool could imagine a mother in a 'sequined lehenga' at 8.30 in the morn, at the bus stop, while she sends her son off to school? Only Vee can!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:44 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

phlegmy, you've been making up stories abt days gone by when you fucked light skinned women wearing transparent sarees again? this parsi woman you purportedly fucked (sorry, effed) is she different than the light skinned jewish broad of eastern european persuasion? are you starting phlegmy2.0 story line with different players?
i have "been with" one distinctly black (african-american) woman long ago, when i lived in kew gardens in queens, new york. she was a stewardess with a major airline. those were the days when airlines hired only slim, good-looking, young women as stewardesses. she was catholic and sported an afro.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:46 am

kinnera wrote:
which fool could imagine a mother in a 'sequined lehenga' at 8.30 in the morn, at the bus stop, while she sends her son off to school? Only Vee can!
Hence the adage:

No fool like an old fool.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:47 am

i have "been with" one distinctly black (african-american) woman long ago, when i lived in kew gardens in queens, new york. she was a stewardess with a major airline. those were the days when airlines hired only slim, good-looking, young women as stewardesses. she was catholic and sported an afro.

ahem... was she "afro" all over?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:51 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:

frizzy? of course.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:52 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:

frizzy? of course.

frizzy too? Shocked it didn't tickle your nose?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:06 pm

kinnera wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

lol. vee-getable imagination amok. actually the lehnga is of the sari family (as opposed to the salwar kameez -- though it seems both sartorial families had origins in india*) and afaik, the lehnga-choli is reserved for special occasions. the sari is too but the simple, daily wear, cotton sari or the daily wear salwar is more common than the daily wear, cotton lehnga-choli among women, esp. the married ones. all afaik. only those who cannot wear a salwar at home (by custom) resort to wearing a lehnga-choli at home (over a sari). my wife could not wear a salwar in the first year of her marriage (salwar was considered "modern") so she resorted to wearing a cotton lehnga-choli. now she wears salwars mostly and lehnga-choli or sari for festive occasions (almost always lehnga-choli for marriages; sari for religious festivities).

* i will elaborate if asked.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:13 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

lol. vee-getable imagination amok. actually the lehnga is of the sari family (as opposed to the salwar kameez -- though it seems both sartorial families had origins in india*) and afaik, the lehnga-choli is reserved for special occasions. the sari is too but the simple, daily wear, cotton sari or the daily wear salwar is more common than the daily wear, cotton lehnga-choli among women, esp. the married ones. all afaik. only those who cannot wear a salwar at home (by custom) resort to wearing a lehnga-choli at home (over a sari). my wife could not wear a salwar in the first year of her marriage (salwar was considered "modern") so she resorted to wearing a cotton lehnga-choli. now she wears salwars mostly and lehnga-choli or sari for festive occasions (almost always lehnga-choli for marriages; sari for religious festivities).

any wikilinks? explanation this long winded needs wiki references

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:15 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:he's probably embarrassed about the sequined lehnga you're wearing early in the morning.

how much did u pay? and did see any signs of her trying to suppress laughter/yawns as you stabbed at her in vain with your AAA battery?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:25 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

any wikilinks? explanation this long winded needs wiki references

umm, no. i had peppered my post with afaik.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:28 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:lol. vee-getable imagination amok... only those who cannot wear a salwar at home (by custom) resort to wearing a lehnga-choli at home (over a sari). my wife could not wear a salwar in the first year of her marriage (salwar was considered "modern") so she resorted to wearing a cotton lehnga-choli. now she wears salwars mostly and lehnga-choli or sari for festive occasions (almost always lehnga-choli for marriages; sari for religious festivities).
the picture that has been emerging of hoozay and his clan based on his posts over the last several months is nearly the same as the one i had held in my mind before he made those revealing posts:

a socially backward, ultra-traditional, anachronistic, joint family in which even adults and married couples are strictly controlled by "the elders" of the family. he says that his wife "could not" wear a salwar in the first year of her marriage. what does he mean by "could not?" that she didn't know how to step into one? or that her in-laws and husband's uncals controlled every personal decision of hers that a citizen of free india has the right to make? does she still wear a veil (ghanghoor?)

add to that the fact that hoozay married a woman he had not spoken to, wooed by her grandfather over two years, and forced into marriage by his "elders," only to live in the traditional joint-family home with no independence of thought or action; what emerges is a picture of persistent social backwardness in the 21st century and mindless adherence to meaningless tradition.

observe this guy and Our Darlin nats, and you'll learn the ways of the typical northindian.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:31 pm

That's rich, coming from someone who had entered into an arranged marriage with another Nazrani!

HK, Mrs. HK won't be held to the same standards as your Bhabhiji until she walks out on you with the kids.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:44 pm

JM. So you are saying SI MILs don't control what their new DILs wear? Specially 1-2 decades ago and that's when HK got married? I know too many personal stories, so do not try to fib your way out of this one.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:57 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
kinnera wrote:
Hence the adage:

No fool like an old fool.

Yeah, no one can beat vee on this. He is the ultimate!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:01 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote: 1st day of school.... 3077217049 you missed an interesting convo that day hoojie...
really? i will come to chat a bit later and pry it from you if you are around. alternatively you can post the synopsis here, for all, if you are up to it.
she's not upto it; bittu, her auntTy-ji, has strictly forbidden her to post anything in the forum that she's heard at chat.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:17 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote: 1st day of school.... 3077217049 you missed an interesting convo that day hoojie...
she's not upto it; bittu, her auntTy-ji, has strictly forbidden her to post anything in the forum that she's heard at chat.

JM, the way you been going at it, it looks like you badly WANT me to post about ur parsi ex-colleague. Is that so?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:18 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

JM, the way you been going at it, it looks like you badly WANT me to post about ur parsi ex-colleague. Is that so?
The virile one has to prove his e-virility again.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

i notice that you have the cunning of the traditionally powerless woman. it's interesting to watch and marvel at.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:29 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

i notice that you have the cunning of the traditionally powerless woman. it's interesting to watch and marvel at.

i notice that you have the cunning of the traditionally powerless mallu man in TN. it's interesting to watch and marvel at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:37 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:
Huzefa Kapasi wrote:

i notice that you have the cunning of the traditionally powerless mallu man in TN. it's interesting to watch and marvel at.

bwahahahahahaaaa....zinnggggg as it were. watch the virile1 get upset and angry!!! and froth at the mouth!!!

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:44 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:
Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:she's not upto it; bittu, her auntTy-ji, has strictly forbidden her to post anything in the forum that she's heard at chat.

bwahahahahahaaaa....zinnggggg as it were. watch the virile1 get upset and angry!!! and froth at the mouth!!!
all she's done is to prove her inability to say anything original.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:09 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

all she's done is to prove her inability to say anything original.

that was very original and funny. impotent mallu wannabe tamil. bwahahaaa

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:43 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:you think that Our Darlin' is not capable of responding aptly to what i said, and needs your crass irrelevance to oppose me, don't you? would that be because she's northindian?
yes sir. very perspicacious of you indeed to see through so fast! you see, her mom and my mother were friends from the same village. both wore the ghoonghaAaAaAaAr in the yegsactu same style and manner. AAAAAAAAAAA! the only difference was that while her mom was brahmin, my mom was not. but from the parts we hail from, we don't let cashtu cloud our tribal loyalties. they made a pact that their kids would cover each other's back in online forums. being socially backward and conservative, we are only upholding our tribal dharma!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:56 am

LOL, hk

Back to top Go down

1st day of school.... Empty Testing the image hosting service - NJ SAT Scores, slightly dated, sorted, 75th percentiles Math, Verbal & Essay

Post by Petrichor Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:18 pm

1st day of school.... Njsats10

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down