Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Onion insults Hinduism, Christians, Jews and Buddhists in one picture. NSFW

+3
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Idéfix
doofus_maximus
7 posters

Go down

Onion insults Hinduism, Christians, Jews and Buddhists in one picture. NSFW Empty Onion insults Hinduism, Christians, Jews and Buddhists in one picture. NSFW

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:45 pm

http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/
It is not funny, just crass. Onion missed a trick there.

No One Murdered Because Of This Image
SEPTEMBER 13, 2012 | ISSUE 48•37 | MORE NEWS IN BRIEF

Onion insults Hinduism, Christians, Jews and Buddhists in one picture. NSFW 635

WASHINGTON—Following the publication of the image above, in which the most cherished figures from multiple religious faiths were depicted engaging in a lascivious sex act of considerable depravity, no one was murdered, beaten, or had their lives threatened, sources reported Thursday. The image of the Hebrew prophet Moses high-fiving Jesus Christ as both are having their erect penises vigorously masturbated by Ganesha, all while the Hindu deity anally penetrates Buddha with his fist, reportedly went online at 6:45 p.m. EDT, after which not a single bomb threat was made against the organization responsible, nor did the person who created the cartoon go home fearing for his life in any way. Though some members of the Jewish, Christian, Hindu, and Buddhist faiths were reportedly offended by the image, sources confirmed that upon seeing it, they simply shook their heads, rolled their eyes, and continued on with their day.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Onion insults Hinduism, Christians, Jews and Buddhists in one picture. NSFW Empty Re: Onion insults Hinduism, Christians, Jews and Buddhists in one picture. NSFW

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Crass, but i think they made a point.

Back to top Go down

Onion insults Hinduism, Christians, Jews and Buddhists in one picture. NSFW Empty Re: Onion insults Hinduism, Christians, Jews and Buddhists in one picture. NSFW

Post by doofus_maximus Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:52 pm

Tomorrow's news: Shiv Sena attacks US Consulate in Mumbai :0
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:56 pm

doofus_maximus wrote:Tomorrow's news: Shiv Sena attacks US Consulate in Mumbai :0

lol! no way.

I think they attacked the painter guy, what's his name...yeah mf hussain coz of the hypocrisy and double standards of it all. They come no way close to the muslim fanatic barbarians.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:13 am

kinnera wrote:I think they attacked the painter guy, what's his name...yeah mf hussain coz of the hypocrisy and double standards of it all.
That's not true... they attacked because they didn't like what he was painting. Quite similar to the Islamist thugs. (BTW, there was no need for all that "the painter guy, what's his name" drama.)
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:19 am

panini press wrote:
kinnera wrote:I think they attacked the painter guy, what's his name...yeah mf hussain coz of the hypocrisy and double standards of it all.
That's not true... they attacked because they didn't like what he was painting. Quite similar to the Islamist thugs. (BTW, there was no need for all that "the painter guy, what's his name" drama.)

Oh Puhleese...don't do a Merlot on us... And, don't insult the iSlamic supreme barbarians by comparing the terrorist-interns shiv sainiks with them.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Sep 14, 2012 12:25 am

The difference between Shiv Sainiks and the Islamists is not one of intent, it is a difference of ability. Both perpetrate all the violence they are capable of perpetrating.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:03 am

panini press wrote:The difference between Shiv Sainiks and the Islamists is not one of intent, it is a difference of ability. Both perpetrate all the violence they are capable of perpetrating.

Now, you are doing a Rashmun on us.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:46 am

kinnera wrote:I think they attacked the painter guy, what's his name...
Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:15 am

doofus_maximus wrote:http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/

Not at all Doofy. Unamused as you were, you were certainly not provoked into any stronger reaction. And that is the point the Onion is making. They didn't miss anything.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:01 am

panini press wrote:The difference between Shiv Sainiks and the Islamists is not one of intent, it is a difference of ability. Both perpetrate all the violence they are capable of perpetrating.

i am not a shiv sena supporter, hate them. but still, i think u are assuming too much. are you implying sainiks will do the same kind of violence libyan terrorists did if they can?

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:42 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:

i am not a shiv sena supporter, hate them. but still, i think u are assuming too much. are you implying sainiks will do the same kind of violence libyan terrorists did if they can?

You are assuming too much by saying that they won't? Fact is, like PP pointed out, the intent is there and one has to be wary of that.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:46 am

doofus_maximus wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

You are assuming too much by saying that they won't? Fact is, like PP pointed out, the intent is there and one has to be wary of that.

you are comparing two very different groups, mindsets, agendas, scopes, and methods of operations so far. Any kinds of extremists are to be watched out, but based on their track records, it's not that hard to predict what they are or are not capable of, not just in terms of ability, but overall intentions.

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:47 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:http://www.theonion.com/articles/no-one-murdered-because-of-this-image,29553/

Not at all Doofy. Unamused as you were, you were certainly not provoked into any stronger reaction. And that is the point the Onion is making. They didn't miss anything.

Satire when it is subtle is more effective and thought-provoking, IMO. By being crass and overt, Onion failed. That was my point.

I was never going to revolt against any sacrilegous images anyway. They are not going to elicit any reaction from me.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by doofus_maximus Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:50 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

you are comparing two very different groups, mindsets, agendas, scopes, and methods of operations so far. Any kinds of extremists are to be watched out, but based on their track records, it's not that hard to predict what they are or are not capable of, not just in terms of ability, but overall intentions.

just because only a few folks got their life tarnished by shiv sainiks as compared to jihadists, it doesn't make their track record any rosy.

Both have it in them to do a world of damage, only that jihadists have better means.
doofus_maximus
doofus_maximus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 am

doofus_maximus wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

just because only a few folks got their life tarnished by shiv sainiks as compared to jihadists, it doesn't make their track record any rosy.

Both have it in them to do a world of damage, only that jihadists have better means.

u r reading me wrong here. i already said they are extremists that are to be watched out and yes, sainiks have done lots of damage within India. Still, there is a HUGE difference between the two in more than just the means. And it starts right from what they 'want'.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:00 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:

u r reading me wrong here. i already said they are extremists that are to be watched out and yes, sainiks have done lots of damage within India. Still, there is a HUGE difference between the two in more than just the means. And it starts right from what they 'want'.

There,s this fine construct called moral equivalency...any bicoastal intellectual worth his salted lassi learns to use it on day 1 at liberal school.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:10 am

ya well i have had issues with any kind of extremism, and that includes the modern liberal extremism that paints everything else with a wide brush.

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:29 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:

Perhaps I am assuming too much. But the evidence we have on them so far is that they don't hold back in the area of violence. I am glad they are a smaller and less powerful fringe in India than the Salafists seem to be in Libya.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:55 am

kinnera wrote:
doofus_maximus wrote:Tomorrow's news: Shiv Sena attacks US Consulate in Mumbai :0

lol! no way.

I think they attacked the painter guy, what's his name...yeah mf hussain coz of the hypocrisy and double standards of it all. They come no way close to the muslim fanatic barbarians.

Yeah. Thakeray thinks that Hussain is a mf.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:28 pm

panini press wrote:

They attacked coz it was a muslim who painted it.Their peeve was, how dare a muslim guy do this to our gods. will they allow others to do such a thing to their prophet, his wives and allah? You shouldn't do unto others what you don't allow others to do unto you ('you' is generic here).
If shiv sainiks were like the crazy, violent, muslim fanatics, then they would've issued a hindu fatwa kind of thing to Ms. Doniger, Mr. Kirpal, the guys who had hindu gods' pix on toilet seats and chappals, heidi klum (for dressing up like Kali for halloween), etc and they would've had those ppl on the run like salman rushdie.

'the painter guy, what's his name' wasn't a drama. I didn't get his name off the top of my head and i wrote that in a flow, but didn't change it when i got his name. Yeah, I had to think for a few moments to recall his name. i am getting old and dementia is setting in. vot2do?

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:21 pm

It is interesting to read how political correctness causes otherwise reasonable pp to find moral equivalency between a hindu extremist and muslim terrorist. The degree of social development, nature of followers, past incidents all show a world of difference between the shiv sainiks and libyan, egyptian, tunisian, and yemen terrorist protesters. The difference would be obvious to security forces, foreign investors, journalists and unbiased ordinary people.
Kinnera, natalia made very reseaonable arguments on this subject. Prop summed it very well.
It is one thing to say shiv sainiks are religious ectremists, could hurt innocent people. It is another thing to compare them with al queida affliated muslim terrorist protesters.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:51 am

kinnera wrote:
panini press wrote:

They attacked coz it was a muslim who painted it.Their peeve was, how dare a muslim guy do this to our gods. will they allow others to do such a thing to their prophet, his wives and allah? You shouldn't do unto others what you don't allow others to do unto you ('you' is generic here).
If shiv sainiks were like the crazy, violent, muslim fanatics, then they would've issued a hindu fatwa kind of thing to Ms. Doniger, Mr. Kirpal, the guys who had hindu gods' pix on toilet seats and chappals, heidi klum (for dressing up like Kali for halloween), etc and they would've had those ppl on the run like salman rushdie.

'the painter guy, what's his name' wasn't a drama. I didn't get his name off the top of my head and i wrote that in a flow, but didn't change it when i got his name. Yeah, I had to think for a few moments to recall his name. i am getting old and dementia is setting in. vot2do?

Fakularist foursome like to equate 100 hindus beating up 10 people to 10000 muslims killing 10 people. What is funnier is that three of the four disappear whenever muslims are in the midst of a violent protest.

Just wait for their comments when Obamulu bombs libya killing some 15 terrorist along with 3 "innocent" libyans. the four will spring into action criticizing everyone and sucking up for the Musalmans.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:41 am

kinnera wrote:
panini press wrote:

Doesn't fly, Kinny. How do you explain all the Shiv Sena's violent campaign and death threats to Deepa Mehta over "Fire" in 1996? What about the VHP's threats at the time of the filming of her other movie, Water?
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:45 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote: Fakularist foursome like to equate 100 hindus beating up 10 people to 10000 muslims killing 10 people. What is funnier is that three of the four disappear whenever muslims are in the midst of a violent protest.

Unkil, this fakularist doesn't feel the need to comment on every bad thing that happens in this world. OTOH, it's far more amusing to watch you and your limpwristed breastbeating every time s**t happens.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down