Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Now the French Cartoon of Prophet Mahamad

+2
Maria S
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
6 posters

Go down

Now the French Cartoon of Prophet Mahamad Empty Now the French Cartoon of Prophet Mahamad

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:58 am

.. ....Guess there will another round pieceful protest by the Ummah and its Chamchas

I think the only way to desensitize the muslims about iSlam, Koran, and Mahamad is for the whole wide world of media "celebrate" a month long bombardment of Mahamad in their own independent way. That will make the Ummah's reaction against Mahamad criticisms just as mute as people's reaction to the Ummah's terror acts around the world.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Now the French Cartoon of Prophet Mahamad Empty Re: Now the French Cartoon of Prophet Mahamad

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:38 am

I don't know Saamiyar..

Does anyone become desensitized when someone insults someone or something which is important to them? I don't find anything exciting or brave about mocking or destroying - what holy or sacred to others. It is unnecessary and inciting..in this volatile world.

It is interesting that France "restricts" certain religious freedoms/even punish Muslim women who wear burkas..who violate the rather ridiculous burka ban..but, they will scream and protect "freedom of speech"..when they want to.

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Now the French Cartoon of Prophet Mahamad Empty Re: Now the French Cartoon of Prophet Mahamad

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:53 am

Now the French Cartoon of Prophet Mahamad 295222_10151193276158573_1644945654_n

source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Muslims-Are-Not-Terrorists/206186953572

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:09 pm

Aww..how nice..now you know we Episcopalians..are some of the nicest people:)

In reverse..my 70+ Mom..who loves to walk (she is hard to keep up with even now!)..was walking to Church one day, and one of our younger Muslim neighbors stopped his bike and volunteered to take her to Church..of course my mother who has many younger admirers- men and women..was more than glad to hop on! I was amused more by the age part than the faith part Very Happy !
The same goes for Hindu neighbors..who always assure me "don't worry about your Mom, we are here if she needs us"..
and always help too.

Am sure these experiences are not unique at all to us in India..am sure, they are rather common.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:42 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:Now the French Cartoon of Prophet Mahamad 295222_10151193276158573_1644945654_n

source: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Muslims-Are-Not-Terrorists/206186953572

These will confirm the above:

1) ...peaceful act...

2) ...respect for everyone's feelings and beliefs...

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:52 pm

Maria S wrote:Aww..how nice..now you know we Episcopalians..are some of the nicest people:)
lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 19, 2012 2:07 pm

Maria S wrote:Aww..how nice..now you know we Episcopalians..are some of the nicest people:)

Catholic wannabes.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:05 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

Catholic wannabes.

Oh Please.

Kind of the exact opposite..we encourage our priests to get married..we have no Saints..we have more ordained women Priests than most Christian denominations..have even openly gay Bishops and Priests..I could go on and on..

And in the US- Episcopalian is as close as it gets to CSI- exact same prayer orders, rituals, hymnals etc.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:15 pm

Maria S wrote:

Oh Please.

And in the US- Episcopalian is as close as it gets to CSI- exact same prayer orders, rituals, hymnals etc.

If you say so...

Considering they are both derived from the Anglicans/C.E
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:22 pm

I saw an interesting quote from a signboard at a business which displays nice quotes.

'When you appease the aggressor, it doesnot help; it encourages them more to be aggressive'

Interestingly this business is just few blocks from an Islami center.

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:23 pm

Hellsangel wrote:

If you say so...

Considering they are both derived from the Anglicans/C.E

I say so:)

You are right..they are..but they have both evolved as denominations in different ways.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:40 pm

Maria S wrote:I don't know Saamiyar..

Does anyone become desensitized when someone insults someone or something which is important to them? I don't find anything exciting or brave about mocking or destroying - what holy or sacred to others. It is unnecessary and inciting..in this volatile world.

It is interesting that France "restricts" certain religious freedoms/even punish Muslim women who wear burkas..who violate the rather ridiculous burka ban..but, they will scream and protect "freedom of speech"..when they want to.

>>>>Yes, it is a double standard, but France doesn't seem to be making any bones wanting to make everyone equal, as long as they become Frenchmen.Smile This really is at the core of why tensions have been builiding up in France, with the North African immigrant poplulation becoming restless, being pulled in both directions.What makes it worse is the theoretical equality doesn't translate to assimilative societal tendencies in practice. All that being said, the idiots in the middle east who are out burning embassies and engaging in mayhem, recklessly lashing out anything western cannot be given a free pass and certainly not be allowed to stifle freedoms cherished by free societies.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Vakavaka Pakapaka Thu Sep 20, 2012 12:03 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:

.. ....Guess there will another round pieceful protest by the Ummah and its Chamchas

I think the only way to desensitize the muslims about iSlam, Koran, and Mahamad is for the whole wide world of media "celebrate" a month long bombardment of Mahamad in their own independent way. That will make the Ummah's reaction against Mahamad criticisms just as mute as people's reaction to the Ummah's terror acts around the world.

The French are smart. They already closed 20 embassies (there are no elections in France at this time and Romneys to take advantage of the situation). So, the pieceful in those 20 places must be suffering from the forced peacefulness.

Vakavaka Pakapaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down