Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

please forgive me

+3
Hellsangel
ashaNirasha
Maria S
7 posters

Go down

please forgive me Empty please forgive me

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:29 am

Back to top Go down

please forgive me Empty Re: please forgive me

Post by Maria S Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:51 am

Nice song..

If I may..this is a nice old b&w tamil song..with similar sentiments (even more polite!)

Mannika vendukiren (I kindly request that you forgive me)..

I'll take any opportunity to watch the late great Sivaji and Padmini..love songs!

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:55 am

nice eyes... got a little putdown today that NIs are nowhere compared to SIs when it comes to beauty, beautiful eyes that is, and that we folks have no 'kala'/art in our looks.

oh well, will be watching all eyes wonly from now on, not that it will sprout any arty look in me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:09 am

Obviously we are gorgeous (!), but, there is no reason to keep the Beautiful Club exclusive to SIs Wink

Seriously, if what you say is serious..think they must have missed out on a whole lot of beautiful people/eyes..who/which are not SI.

When it comes to actors- have not seen any eyes on screen- as piercing, expressive and powerful as those of Sivaji Ganesan! They are truly one(two)-of-a-kind!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:16 am

when it comes to SIs, this been my analysis so far.

tamils: big attitude
telugus: big *cough**cough*
mallus: great dancers
kannagidas: churn out great beauties once in a while.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashaNirasha Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:19 am

I don't get it. Both of them are biting their lips, I thought only heroines did that.

I used to hate the way the she wore her saree in the beginning. This must have been the 60's, they were so besharam then.

Looks like the 50's weren't so bad.

ashaNirasha

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:23 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:when it comes to SIs, this been my analysis so far.

telugus: big um-hmm
kannagidas: churn out great beauties once in a while.

You are certainly entitled to your views..

For me..seeing the individual trees and not the forest..is more intriguing and interesting!

I would have missed out on a whole lot of wonderful experiences-people..if I believe what others said about any group!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:25 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:38 am

ya well, guess with who all the hotties are dancing there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:42 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:ya well, guess with who all the hotties are dancing there.
ya well, they get paid for it.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:46 am

can you explain?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:47 am

Hellsangel wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:ya well, guess with who all the hotties are dancing there.
ya well, they get paid for it.

I saw the video now. Not bad at all. most mallus i have seen dancing have smooth moves, kinda like black people. they may just be strutting and there may no special steps, but it's so much better to look at.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:50 am

Natalia Romanova wrote: kinda like black people.

I see. Once you go black....
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:55 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

can you explain?

instant look-down upon others. i didn't believe this stereotype, but met one recently. he first tried telling me he is a big shot doc, but since i know more about the field, it came down to selling tools to big shot docs. then within 5 minutes he was majorly boasting about his various skill sets, and looking down upon e'thing there, people, music, food, wine. he asked me if i was from india or was from west indies. scratch ya i mean i had big hair that night, but why try insulting... anyway that was a first for me. He also said - then u must be a hindi-speaking person... btw, all that later abasing talks were done to me in atrocious hindi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:05 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:he asked me if i was from india or was from west indies. scratch ya i mean i had big hair that night, but why try insulting...
why do you think he was trying to insult you?

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:he asked me if i was from india or was from west indies. scratch ya i mean i had big hair that night, but why try insulting...

his tone... he said 'indian... (hand shruggged, mouth scoffed) west indian?'

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:21 pm

Sticking to theme.."forgive me?"

This is a really a very nice new song..moving lyrics written by Thamarai (a rare woman lyricist!)..and performed in the glorious voice of Shreya..has decent English translation..

*Speaking of lyrics..for those who don't understand tamil..in the Sivaji-Padmini song..they bite their lips- because the song is filled with references to very sweet tasting lips ("thithikkum idhal")..

Mannipaya?

Last edited by Maria S on Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:22 pm

i just read one line of the lyrics in the embedding - u r the moisture within... aiyo...

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:26 pm

telugus: big *cough**cough*

This one has Vee Unkil tied up in knots. The wannabeiyer and virile one are so totally offended. On the other hand, the lithe one is flattered. What to do? Whattodo?? Uff these norhthindian women in their pink rhinestone studded lehangas are so confounding...
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Fri Sep 21, 2012 12:30 pm

Selective huh.. Tracy? Ma'am..it's a very stimulating song- alright:)

There is plenty of moisture (!) outside too in this song..

Sea..Fish..Mermaid..Water..Ripples etc..

Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:23 pm

i wrote a song and it goes something like this.

title: cluless as clueless can can ever get

first line : I've got too much time on my hands

second line : vot2do vot2do vot2do [sorta the chorus]

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 21, 2012 2:55 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

can you explain?

instant look-down upon others. i didn't believe this stereotype, but met one recently. he first tried telling me he is a big shot doc, but since i know more about the field, it came down to selling tools to big shot docs. then within 5 minutes he was majorly boasting about his various skill sets, and looking down upon e'thing there, people, music, food, wine. he asked me if i was from india or was from west indies. scratch ya i mean i had big hair that night, but why try insulting... anyway that was a first for me. He also said - then u must be a hindi-speaking person... btw, all that later abasing talks were done to me in atrocious hindi.

now this is abject profiling based on limited sample size, which I expressly condemn...you know I dont condone such activities. I bet you no more than 90% fit this stereotype.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:12 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

can you explain?

now this is abject profiling based on limited sample size, which I expressly condemn...you know I dont condone such activities. I bet you no more than 90% fit this stereotype.

LOL... well this was just a recent example. i have more.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:23 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

can you explain?

LOL... well this was just a recent example. i have more.

I said no more. it could be 75-90% for all we know. we just dont have large enough sample size

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:

his tone... he said 'indian... (hand shruggged, mouth scoffed) west indian?'
i don't believe you. it's extremely unlikely that any person of indian origin would feel insulted for being thought to be indian. apparently, you felt insulted because he thought that you could be from the west indies. perhaps you do look as if you're from the west indies. what's revealed here: your insecurity and racism.

another phenom seen here: your kicking the telugus in the teeth even as they - charvak, kinnamma, poopah711, doofulu, sooth-be-sold - apply the vacuum to you - partly bcs you're northindian, and partly bcs you're equipped with The Thing. you first characterized telugus as "pee pees," then after editing and re-editing your post, with "*cough* *cough*, and finally with "um.. um." what's revealed here: your contempt for the telugus, and their willingness to be treated with derision. interesting and pathetic!

all of this was quite predictable; i've posted about these phenomena for years.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:54 pm

lol,

1) he meant Indian from west indies... so, what racism... it was his tone that made me think as if he insults them.

2) I was complimenting telugus... why r u so slow these days?

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:03 pm

Nobody can measure up to the virile1. Stop making fun of him.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:33 pm

tracy,

you need to tell the story again. this tamil person was boasting about being a big shot doc and then looking down upon everyone/thing, and you concluded big attitude? not inferiority complex, not delusional, not underachiever, not low self esteem but big attitude

and just to be fair to tamilnadus ok i know tamilnadu is a state..tamilians, the guy asked you if you were from west-indies bcz as per ur admission -"your hair was big" that day (whatever lol that means)...so when we hear someone talk in say british accent, we ask them are you british...thats not insulting british, is it? then if you were looking like an indian who could be from westindies, then its not an insult to westindies or anyone.

you didnt beleive in stereotypes but recently you met this guy...one person and oh well i need to loosen up a littal too...i'm going on vacation tomorrowww yayy

Have great weekend and a great week ahead :-)

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:lol,

1) he meant Indian from west indies... so, what racism... it was his tone that made me think as if he insults them.

1) you didn't say that he asked you if you're an indian from india or an indian from the west indies; you said that he asked you if you're "from india or was from west indies."

2) one doesn't compliment anyone by saying that they're "pee pees," or by describing them with "*cough* *cough" or "um... hmm."

it was interesting to see your insecurity and racism, and the telugus being kicked in the teeth by you.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:49 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:lol,

1) you didn't say that he asked you if you're an indian from india or an indian from the west indies; you said that he asked you if you're "from india or was from west indies."

2) one doesn't compliment anyone by saying that they're "pee pees," or by describing them with "*cough* *cough" or "um... hmm."

it was interesting to see your insecurity and racism, and the telugus being kicked in the teeth by you.

1) he knew my full very very indian name... so ya, no doubts he knew i was an indian. edit: you have probably not lived long enough in east coast to know there are many indians here from originally caribbeans or south africa. maybe that's why u didn't catch his prejudice.

2) when i said 'big attitude', what did u mean i was saying?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 5:58 pm

seven wrote:tracy,

you need to tell the story again. this tamil person was boasting about being a big shot doc and then looking down upon everyone/thing, and you concluded big attitude? not inferiority complex, not delusional, not underachiever, not low self esteem but big attitude

and just to be fair to tamilnadus ok i know tamilnadu is a state..tamilians, the guy asked you if you were from west-indies bcz as per ur admission -"your hair was big" that day (whatever lol that means)...so when we hear someone talk in say british accent, we ask them are you british...thats not insulting british, is it? then if you were looking like an indian who could be from westindies, then its not an insult to westindies or anyone.

you didnt beleive in stereotypes but recently you met this guy...one person and oh well i need to loosen up a littal too...i'm going on vacation tomorrowww yayy

phew, i actually read all that... have a good vacation.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 21, 2012 6:15 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:
seven wrote:tracy,

phew, i actually read all that... have a good vacation.

thank you!

and edit: its great weekend and a greater week ahead Very Happy

have it ok and tell me about it when i coem back and you cant say maggi's up

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down