Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

To Admin: Annoying problem

5 posters

Go down

To Admin: Annoying problem Empty To Admin: Annoying problem

Post by indophile Tue May 24, 2011 3:20 pm

It happened twice to me.
When I try to post a reply to a post, and someone else posts a reply to the same post at about the same time, mine disappears.

indophile

Back to top Go down

To Admin: Annoying problem Empty Re: To Admin: Annoying problem

Post by Hellsangel Tue May 24, 2011 3:22 pm

It does not. It asks you to modify or save. When you save, then it posts.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 24, 2011 3:24 pm

Hellsangel wrote:It does not. It asks you to modify or save. When you save, then it posts.
Yeah, I think the problem is with the location of Save button -- on that page, I think it's at a place which is not the same as the Send button the regular reply page. I also made the same mistake and lost a post.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 5:52 pm

one annoying thing is when u go to a thread from the side bar you are directly taken to the latest post, which is good, but when you try to read the previous posts by scrolling up the page scrolls down automatically to bring u back to the latest post Razz

i know the way to work around it. simply go to main coffeehouse page and click on the topic. this way the entire topic can be read from page one.

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Tue May 24, 2011 5:58 pm

seven wrote:one annoying thing is when u go to a thread from the side bar you are directly taken to the latest post, which is good, but when you try to read the previous posts by scrolling up the page scrolls down automatically to bring u back to the latest post Razz

Doesn't happen to me. Which browser do you use?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Tue May 24, 2011 6:00 pm

One annoying thing is that the quick reply box doesn't have advanced editing options like the Quote and Reply box has.

C, is this something which can be configured?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 24, 2011 6:01 pm

seven wrote:one annoying thing is when u go to a thread from the side bar you are directly taken to the latest post, which is good, but when you try to read the previous posts by scrolling up the page scrolls down automatically to bring u back to the latest post Razz
This will happen if you start scrolling the page before it is fully loaded. If you wait for the page to load fully first, then it won't auto-scroll you down to the last post.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 6:02 pm

woky

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Tue May 24, 2011 6:05 pm

charvaka wrote:
This will happen if you start scrolling the page before it is fully loaded. If you wait for the page to load fully first, then it won't auto-scroll you down to the last post.

Yeah, good point. It is similar to when you start putting in the login details on slow websites before the page loads fully. While you are typing the password, the page load completes and according to the design on the form the cursor goes back to the userid field and half of your password gets typed there inadvertently.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 24, 2011 6:08 pm

CroMagnon wrote:One annoying thing is that the quick reply box doesn't have advanced editing options like the Quote and Reply box has.

Not sure... will look into it when I login as admin next (this weekend.) It can't be done AFAIK.

(I don't like it either... many times I just want to reply to the thread, but end up using the Quote option and deleting everything, just because of the formatting features.)
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue May 24, 2011 7:14 pm

charvaka wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:One annoying thing is that the quick reply box doesn't have advanced editing options like the Quote and Reply box has.

Not sure... will look into it when I login as admin next (this weekend.) It can't be done AFAIK.

(I don't like it either... many times I just want to reply to the thread, but end up using the Quote option and deleting everything, just because of the formatting features.)

The post reply button at the top gives you all the options.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 24, 2011 7:18 pm

R2D2, that works -- thanks!
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue May 24, 2011 7:27 pm

artood2 wrote:
charvaka wrote:

The post reply button at the top gives you all the options.

...and at the bottom of the page. I find this easier to use because I don't have to scroll up.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Tue May 24, 2011 7:34 pm

Of course, there is one at the bottom as well.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Tue May 24, 2011 8:05 pm

blabberwock wrote:...and at the bottom of the page. I find this easier to use because I don't have to scroll up.
The one at bottom doesn't give you options to change font, size and add bullets.
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Tue May 24, 2011 8:06 pm

CroMagnon wrote:
blabberwock wrote:...and at the bottom of the page. I find this easier to use because I don't have to scroll up.
The one at bottom doesn't give you options to change font, size and add bullets.
She meant the POST REPLY button that is below the quick reply text box. Click that and you get the "full" WYSIWYG editor.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by CroMagnon Tue May 24, 2011 8:09 pm

charvaka wrote:
CroMagnon wrote:
She meant the POST REPLY button that is below the quick reply text box. Click that and you get the "full" WYSIWYG editor.

Oh, I never noticed that. But I still find it annoying to click an extra button. Why would they not put a full editor in the quick reply box itself - maybe it is a heavy duty editor and they were worried about the page load time?
CroMagnon
CroMagnon

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down