Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

For all the Non-Vegetarians

5 posters

Go down

For all the Non-Vegetarians Empty For all the Non-Vegetarians

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 1:25 pm

think about wat you do to animals when you choose to eat them.

Back to top Go down

For all the Non-Vegetarians Empty Re: For all the Non-Vegetarians

Post by artood2 Wed May 25, 2011 1:53 pm

What have you got against the non-vegs? Plants have life as well.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 2:02 pm

well i am the kind of person who blvs in not forcing and trusting people with choices they make for themselves in life.
i have nothing against non-vegetarians. i just want them to think abt this vdo next time they sit to eat a chicken burger.

Sure plants have life and we eat them. But i dont wana get into a dicussion abt it and take it to cannibalism.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed May 25, 2011 2:22 pm

seven wrote:well i am the kind of person who blvs in not forcing and trusting people with choices they make for themselves in life.
i have nothing against non-vegetarians. i just want them to think abt this vdo next time they sit to eat a chicken burger.

Sure plants have life and we eat them. But i dont wana get into a dicussion abt it and take it to cannibalism.

Why do you want people to think about this when they are eating? Do you want to think about all the plant lives you are taking when you eat them? A part of trusting people to make their choices also involve letting them enjoy their choices, do you agree?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 2:27 pm

i do. i let them. thats wat i meant by letting them choose it for themselves wat they wana eat.

plants dont feel pain. no nervous system!! duh!

i want people to think about this b4 they eat so they will not eat it. ok maybe i am interfering with their choices but hey if they still want to eat it they shud know wat they r responsible for.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed May 25, 2011 2:57 pm

According to JC bose plant can feel pain. It is just difficult for you to sense that.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jagadish_Chandra_Bose

nvm, this is getting to heavy for me. I want to continue to enjoy my food.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed May 25, 2011 3:33 pm

all this vegetarianism has converted us hindus into an effeminate race .

foreign invaders have kicked our ass for centuries .

the rest of the world is non-vegetarian , and that is the reason why the rest of the world is far tougher than us.

vegetarianism makes us far too respectful towards life , and vegetarians cant strike back at those who threaten their existence .

in this world where survival is only of the fittest , vegetarianism makes us less fit for survival .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 3:36 pm

ashdoc wrote:all this vegetarianism has converted us hindus into an effeminate race .

foreign invaders have kicked our ass for centuries .

the rest of the world is non-vegetarian , and that is the reason why the rest of the world is far tougher than us.

vegetarianism makes us far too respectful towards life , and vegetarians cant strike back at those who threaten their existence .

in this world where survival is only of the fittest , vegetarianism makes us less fit for survival .

yep showing no mercy to defenseless animals and exercising ur power over weak is truly brave ! thats why we shud eat non-veg !! where is the like button whn u need it.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed May 25, 2011 3:44 pm

seven wrote:
yep showing no mercy to defenseless animals and exercising ur power over weak is truly brave ! thats why we shud eat non-veg !! where is the like button whn u need it.

do our enemies show mercy to us ??.......no

did the barbaric invaders who raped our women , destroyed our temples and murdered innocent people show us any mercy ??....no

and all of them were non-vegetarians.

in order to be tough enough to face them , we got to be embibe some of their qualities .

its OUR survival that we should be bothered about , not the animals' .

remember that ram could kill ravan only because he himself was a non-vegetarian.

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 3:49 pm

let me think about this. i am sure becoming non vegeterians will not resolve the issue. muslims will still be cruel and stupid bombers.

its sad that we ( the world) is still worried about 'survival'...shudnt we be more evolved by now and focus on things like ethics and culture ?

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed May 25, 2011 3:58 pm

seven wrote:l
its sad that we ( the world) is still worried about 'survival'...shudnt we be more evolved by now and focus on things like ethics and culture ?

yes ,its sad that we have to think about survival--truely unfortunate .

but then , we have to adjust to whatever situation we are in , dont we......?

remember , we have been ruled by foreign invaders for the past thousand years .

only in the past 64 years have we been independent .

even then , a part of our country has been taken over by others , and constitutes pakistan and bangladesh--the former country being dedicated to our destruction .

our largest neighbours , china and pakistan are always plotting to destroy us .

under these circumstances , yes--we have to think about survival.

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 4:19 pm

yah and eating non veg and torturing animals will help us survive. wah wah!!

i dont look at being ruled by other countries as a shame. we never invaded another country and thats something to be proud of. as a civilization we are much more mature and evolved. thats y we dont blv in hurting animals and eating them.

i forgot to think about how becoming animal eaters will make us more strong/brave etc. will talk about it later. i still dont think its the ultimate answer to western invaders and rulers...there is some spelling mishtake with it...i'll find out wat it is.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed May 25, 2011 4:28 pm

seven wrote:

i dont look at being ruled by other countries as a shame.

yeah , you dont--thats because you have lived in an independent india , and never have been ruled by foreigners.

as they say in hindi--'' muft mey mili hui azadi bohot sasti lagati hai ''

when you meet your ancestors in heaven , just ask your ancestors how it was to have been ruled by foreigners in medieval times.....

how they saw hindu women being raped , our temples built painstakingly over the centuries , destroyed in a matter of hours......

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 4:37 pm

i dont feel like arguing more with u. is it bcz i am a vegetarian OMG!!

being non-violent always wins over being violent. u r still giving me examples i dont understand from british time etc.

Look at the big picture. if we fight back and kill invaders we will become like israel and palestine. nobody will be at peace in our country then. would u rather have that?

this discussion deviated from the main topic. eating habits will not make us any braver. besides eating non-veg is not healthy...if u dont care abt animal cruelty, u must care abt ur own good.

vegetarian food is a more healthy choice.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed May 25, 2011 4:41 pm

seven wrote:
i forgot to think about how becoming animal eaters will make us more strong/brave etc.

lack of animal eating certainly robs you of the capacity for martial valour . and martial valour is need for survival.

look at , for example , the gujrati community .its a vegetarian community.

now , how many gujratis join the army , navy or air force ??--the answer is , no one !!

to make the point clearer--look at the jain community.....

its a community dedicated to vegetarianism . but can the jain community survive alone ?? no !!

the truth is that the jains survive only as ancillary of hindus......

we hindus tolerate them , so they survive .

if the jains form an independent nation , will they survive against pakistan ??

the answer is a big no !!

armed forces are necessary for a nations survival , and this soft community cannot produce a single person fit for the armed forces .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 4:48 pm

gujratis rule the hospitality industry in the US. its not about physical power anymore.

tell me akal badi ya bhains?

pls stop linking non-vegetarianism to nations survival. i want u to look at more bigger picture. the whole world/earth. if everybody thought non-violent it will be a better place to live for everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed May 25, 2011 4:56 pm

seven wrote:gujratis rule the hospitality industry in the US. its not about physical power anymore.

tell me akal badi ya bhains?

pls stop linking non-vegetarianism to nations survival. i want u to look at more bigger picture. the whole world/earth. if everybody thought non-violent it will be a better place to live for everyone.

US is a civilized country--our neighbours arent so civilized .

remember , all the money and property that gujratis earn in either india or US wont be worth anything if the armed forces of both countries are not capable of protecting it .

your last thoughts are nothing but idealistic dreams--i would rather live in reality.....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 5:01 pm

armed forces are not going to do kushti to decide who wins. again, its not abt physical power.

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed May 25, 2011 5:08 pm

seven wrote:armed forces are not going to do kushti to decide who wins. again, its not abt physical power.

no ,its not about physical power--its about the capacity to sustain bloodspilling if your neighbour feels that you have accumulated too much money and property , and decides to grab some of it .

our nation ,inspite of being poor , keeps 1.3 million men in the armed forces , and another 1.2 million in the paramiltary forces .

obviously , we need tough non-vegetarian men in numbers to protect ourselves .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 5:16 pm

did u watch the vdo ? if u still think its absolutely necessary to eat meat to protect nations then....ummm then i'd say its bcz u eat non-veg u think like this. it impairs ur thinking abilities. for ur own good u shud eat vegetarian food.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 5:19 pm

see the ways eating non-veg affects ur brain

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Wed May 25, 2011 5:23 pm

seven wrote:did u watch the vdo ?

yeah , i did watch the video.

unfortunately , their were no videos cameras in medieval times to record our women getting raped , our temples getting destroyed etc .

maybe you should try imagining those things in order to know why we must be ready to defend our capacity for survival .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed May 25, 2011 5:37 pm

oh god...once again, eating non-veg has nothing to do with protecting wats ours.

it makes u think like rapists and act like one too if u r not careful. otoh eating vegetarian food makes u patient like me gawdddd how many more times will i have to repeat b4 u understand eating meat will not make u a brave soldier.

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Sat May 28, 2011 9:24 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP8Q7ZN1IkQ

there are many such videos that basically highlight the inhumane and unhygienic nature of food production.

@seven - one cannot wave flags and thump hammers in front of people and expect militancy to change food habits. often a strong preference for veg or non veg is cultivated in childhood and it is a hard habit to modify. it requires a strong will on the part of the consumer and the consumer cannot be brow-beaten into accepting a point of view radically different from their own especially going from non veg to veg.

the choice has to come from within and it is a slow process of education. which is why it is extremely important to educate children of healthy eating habits. if change happens for hard core non veg, it will be a result of understanding the health issues rather than the moral aspect.

what is important is that one must be aware of what one puts in ones mouth. one of the videos that came up on youtube was about McD food.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ljW5YEdao&feature=related

Fries are not non veg (the oil they are fried in maybe is?) - they are potatoes and veg indians are often seen eating them. but are they potatoes or plastic??!! McD fries did not show any signs of decomposition even after 10 weeks. THAT IS SCARY!

i remember reading an article a while back that said that one might be better off eating meat than pesticide laden vegetables and hormone and meds laden milk.

so basically, whether it is meat or veggies, one must be conscious of what it is one is consuming. if it is meat you want, then switch to 'genuinely' organic meat and healthier cuts of meat and fish. quality over quantity might work economically.

The morality of veg or non veg is secondary imo.

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Sat May 28, 2011 11:59 am

ashdoc wrote:unfortunately , their were no videos cameras in medieval times to record our women getting raped

Dear Doctor Unkil, you seem to be from medieval times. Just curious - how many of your women did you see getting raped?

Anyway, pleej to continue your good work. Hinduism needs brave defenders. Everyone eat a chicken today. Jai Shri Ram.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sat May 28, 2011 3:00 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP8Q7ZN1IkQ

there are many such videos that basically highlight the inhumane and unhygienic nature of food production.

@seven - one cannot wave flags and thump hammers in front of people and expect militancy to change food habits. often a strong preference for veg or non veg is cultivated in childhood and it is a hard habit to modify. it requires a strong will on the part of the consumer and the consumer cannot be brow-beaten into accepting a point of view radically different from their own especially going from non veg to veg.

the choice has to come from within and it is a slow process of education. which is why it is extremely important to educate children of healthy eating habits. if change happens for hard core non veg, it will be a result of understanding the health issues rather than the moral aspect.

what is important is that one must be aware of what one puts in ones mouth. one of the videos that came up on youtube was about McD food.

Fries are not non veg (the oil they are fried in maybe is?) - they are potatoes and veg indians are often seen eating them. but are they potatoes or plastic??!! McD fries did not show any signs of decomposition even after 10 weeks. THAT IS SCARY!

i remember reading an article a while back that said that one might be better off eating meat than pesticide laden vegetables and hormone and meds laden milk.

so basically, whether it is meat or veggies, one must be conscious of what it is one is consuming. if it is meat you want, then switch to 'genuinely' organic meat and healthier cuts of meat and fish. quality over quantity might work economically.

Poor Hensangel. She would not listen to my one liners. Now digest this full lecture Seven and tell me if it was veg or non-veg.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Sun May 29, 2011 9:14 am

artood2 wrote:
Poor Hensangel. She would not listen to my one liners. Now digest this full lecture Seven and tell me if it was veg or non-veg.

hey, i can do robotic one liners just as well as the next bot

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Sun May 29, 2011 1:07 pm

I am sure your one-liners are as sublime as your essays. The bots can write papers now (here). The day is not far your literrary standards will be matched.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Sun May 29, 2011 7:50 pm

artood2 wrote:I am sure your one-liners are as sublime as your essays. The bots can write papers now (here). The day is not far your literrary standards will be matched.

these MIT grads made very creative use of their time - complete with made up papers and conferences, all the right jargon in all the right (maybe) places. place the onus on peers leaving them scratching their heads in peer review. you gotta love technology.

lol!

Contrasting the World Wide Web and Virtual Machines Using ANITO - By Hope Packman, Ira Baum Metzer, Marshal Sofwell, Link Syskowski and Cis Corman

Introspective, Authenticated Communication for Active Networks - By Cis Corman, Hope Packman, Ira Baum Metzer, Link Syskowski and Marshal Sofwell

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:00 pm

.|Sublime|. wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HP8Q7ZN1IkQ

found it !

to me morality is equally imp as health aspect. I dont understand how people can eat meat after learning about the torture animals have to go through to become their meal.
Well I understand it could be hard to change eating habits b ut they can teach their kids to eat healthy and help reduce animal cruelty.
Ultimately everyone has to the right to make their own choices. My vdo was for those who want to be moral to animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:59 pm

7, do u wear makeup any time?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:52 pm

I'm not gona answer this question. I know where you are going with this. Eat animals. fine by me.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:05 pm

seven wrote:I'm not gona answer this question. I know where you are going with this. Eat animals. fine by me.

so you are fine being partially correct morally?
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by charvaka Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:09 pm

seven wrote:I'm not gona answer this question. I know where you are going with this. Eat animals. fine by me.
अर्थात्: I am fine with being cruel to animals if that helps me look good. I am going to lecture other people on cruelty if they use them for food.
charvaka
charvaka

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:11 pm

artood2 wrote:

so you are fine being partially correct morally?

i am fine with people choosing for themselves whats moral and how important morality is for them etc. Eating non-veg everyday or once in a while/occasionally is totally their choice and they can do it guilt free. I am not judging them or anyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:14 pm

charvaka wrote:
अर्थात्: I am fine with being cruel to animals if that helps me look good. I am going to lecture other people on cruelty if they use them for food.

LOL @ arthat

nothing doing. i never said i am ok being cruel to animals. i feel bad for them too. i do admit that i like to lecture people once in a while but i also said they can do wat they feel is right. i dont force them to eat vegetarian food.

besides, animal testing is not same as killing them and cutting their beaks etc. and i dont wear make up everyday.

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:38 pm

seven wrote:
charvaka wrote:

LOL @ arthat

nothing doing. i never said i am ok being cruel to animals. i feel bad for them too. i do admit that i like to lecture people once in a while but i also said they can do wat they feel is right. i dont force them to eat vegetarian food.

besides, animal testing is not same as killing them and cutting their beaks etc. and i dont wear make up everyday.

animal testing can be a real torture. Just saying so that you can make informed choices Razz
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:42 pm

LOL this is wat i'm talking abt. u r funny ( in ways i understand. bw, i dont get).

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down