Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Frankenstorm

+6
Kris
Sandee2020
MaxEntropy_Man
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Merlot Daruwala
truthbetold
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Frankenstorm - Page 2 Empty Re: Frankenstorm

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:37 am

Natalia Romanova wrote:glad to know about impy.

Yeah the older one had began being pissed from sunday itself about the generator. But she's coping much better than I expected. She d/l some movies on her iPad before the power out, and papa n kids huddle together and watch those. And she loves the times we sit in my car to charge the phone.

Yep, the neighbor behind us has a generator, and now we can peek easier into their house since the trees are gone, watch their tv playing and smolder somewhat. But, the neighbor was outside with his flashlight maybe tryin to hook up the generator when our tree fell. Glad the tree went down this side, or we would be forever meeting the glares of 4 dadless kids.

I made K drop me to work today. Had no mood of venturing out on a donut and one headlight gone. The area here is pretty well lit. So when they come to pick me up, will eat here somewhere.

Also, now I know why villagers back then would get up at 4:30 am to do work. Coz they would frikking sleep after sunset! Nothing to do. We all went up in our bedrooms at 8:30 last night!

ya, if no damage befalls on the property or the family, such disasters could actually facilitate for good quality time with the family, i guess. And ur kids are not going to forget the, 'back when we had this huge super storm called sandy' times either.

Glad the tree didn't fall on your neighbor. Was actually reading news abt a man who died while crossing over to his neighbor's house as the power was gone at his home (prolly neighbors had a generator) when a huge tree fell on him.

Anyway, hope things get back to normal soon for you guys. Glad you are at work today.
How's your basement? Hope it is not flooded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:49 am

basement is fine. the sump pump well was/is completely dry. It didn't rain that much. moreover, it was dry weather for one week before sandy, so the grounds soaked in the water. That's one blessing.

Yeah, the kids, and maybe I will never forget how we stood there and stared at the dangerously swaying trees, among other things. Also the howling sounds. Son is beginning to get edgy though. We never let him use the cell phone, and even if we do, it's out of service! Should have brought his iPod to charge today.

Will share the pics when I am back online fully. I posted some on FB and ppl were like wth...

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:45 pm

I just dropped off my very excited sonny at his friend's place from where he's going to go trick or treating. Scores of trick or treaters are already out there on the streets. Wondering abt the kids in the north east. What are they doing today? Just heard on the radio that the President has cancelled the Halloween celebrations at the White house because of Sandy. Are ur kids trick or treating (before it gets dark), Nats?

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandee2020 Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:08 pm

I forgot all about Halloween after the storm. Heard the door bell and wondered who it was. Saw a small group of kids all dressed up. I had to send them away, b/c I did not have any candy. Shut lights, drew the drapes and I am sitting in semi dark so no more kids will will come. Watch shows from India and be happy.

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:58 pm

Halloween has been cancelled here.

In another bummer. Did 3-4 posts from company of today and bam. The site is now banned. Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:53 am

So we have heard from Nats, Impy, TBT and Bittu. How about atcg? Hellsu? Anyone else who lives in the tri-state area?
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2