Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CIA chief Petraeus resigns, reportedly over affair

+14
southindian
Bittu
truthbetold
Jeremiah Mburuburu
pravalika nanda
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
Hellsangel
Kayalvizhi
Propagandhi711
MaxEntropy_Man
Vakavaka Pakapaka
Maria S
Petrichor
FluteHolder
18 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

CIA chief Petraeus resigns, reportedly over affair - Page 2 Empty Re: CIA chief Petraeus resigns, reportedly over affair

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:32 pm

LOL TBT.

Back to top Go down

CIA chief Petraeus resigns, reportedly over affair - Page 2 Empty Re: CIA chief Petraeus resigns, reportedly over affair

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:41 pm

truthbetold wrote:NATs,
Once you learned about the affair, you will be tortured because you want tell everyone but cannot. Do you want to be in that situation? Can you survive that tension?

That's quite a point. But I'm a major chicken when it comes to work place. So I would not divulge. Besides, would get to talk all that out with team with similar info, so may not feel the need to tell others.

Besides, *shayarana mode* you don't know how many deep dark secrets this heart holds, my friend. Not even the fire in my pyre will hear them from me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:36 pm

Natalia Romanova wrote:Not even the fire in my pyre will hear them from me.
Shocked

Back to top Go down

Post by artood2 Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:56 pm

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:
Natalia Romanova wrote:Not even the fire in my pyre will hear them from me.
Shocked

don't you worry, she will convert and be buried instead. And if you want to hear those dark secrets you better get yourself buried nearby.
artood2
artood2

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:11 pm

atcg wrote:http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/12/us/beyond-paula-broadwells-tv-interviews-a-family-focused-life.html?pagewanted=1&_r=0&src=twrhp

I think the French have it about right when it comes to mundane and casual marital infidelity. The lady seems to be your average neighbor with above-average physique and stamina for a hard-driving life. Quite possibly her Radiologist husband was understanding of an open relationship as long as it was under wraps. She was 40 and Petraeus was 60 and for the General it looks like it was instant attraction. In the narrowly defined world of brawn plus brains that was the national security elite, the slippery slope leading them both towards emotional infidelity and then possibly some long sessions where she demonstrated her protege-like skills of having "understood" the General must have seemed like one huge strokage for the guy that routinely bikes 25 miles. I hope their spouses just move on and get on with their lives with some domestic restraining orders.

For the Republicans discovering a couple of weeks ago thanks to an FBI whistleblower that they have a dirty CIA director must have been confusing. They did not have enough time to compute whether releasing the bombshell would have targeted Obama sufficiently just in time for elections or it would have taken attention away from whitehouse and state and squarely pegged it at CIA's doors. I think they chose wisely to sit it out.

If the Radiologist is willing Broadwell would have an advance for another blockbuster and the country will revel in its celebration of human frailties and get closer to France.

>>>>The WSJ chided those who held this view when the Lewinsky drama unfolded. The editorial facetiously conceded that perhaps Americans too should be like the french who thought nothing of Madame Mitterand commiserating with Francois' mistress at his funeral, but then there were practical considerations. There would of course be the million women march on Washington DC and the tie-up of the nation's charter bus fleets for weeks with their transportation needs and finally, the traffic gridlock in the capital, all in the name of accommodating the 'other women' who would have wanted to commiserate with Mrs. C. The idea was roundly nixed.

Smile

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Petrichor Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:38 pm

>>>>The WSJ chided those who held this view when the Lewinsky drama unfolded.

Like Maria might (or not) say, it is better to have "colorful" people than "obnoxious" ones that will misdirect their libido through wars!

Petrichor

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:09 pm

finally someone with half a brain!
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:39 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:finally someone with half a brain!

why dont you write an op-ed piece for wsj, esquire, newyorker, wapo etc and have rest of the country publish it in the local newspapers so everyone can see what a full brained analysis looks like? I expect that after a few such articles, the brain development in rest of the masses will speed up (something that might take 10k yrs in normal evolution, particularly in the red states).

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:15 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

why dont you write an op-ed piece for wsj, esquire, newyorker, wapo etc and have rest of the country publish it in the local newspapers so everyone can see what a full brained analysis looks like? I expect that after a few such articles, the brain development in rest of the masses will speed up (something that might take 10k yrs in normal evolution, particularly in the red states).

no need to get all het up. i was paying cohen a compliment for his take on the petraeus matter. a zipper problem should be no disqualification for the job unless national security issues were compromised is what cohen said. i agree with that.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:01 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Whoa ! hopelessly optimistic propa - as kids, our struggle to fully grasp time intervals and language is so disproportionate...

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:28 am

My only takeaway from this entirely pointless controversy: using a Drafts folder in a shared email account as a drop-box. Very clever.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:36 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:My only takeaway from this entirely pointless controversy: using a Drafts folder in a shared email account as a drop-box. Very clever.
Old trick.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:02 pm

Hellsangel wrote:
Merlot Daruwala wrote:My only takeaway from this entirely pointless controversy: using a Drafts folder in a shared email account as a drop-box. Very clever.
Old trick.
Hellsu, being quite clueless in these things, I'm easily impressed.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:08 pm

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
Hellsu, being quite clueless in these things, I'm easily impressed.

Yeah. You're the straight arrow.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 13, 2012 3:54 pm

Talking of naughty/fun messages, have heard of many tricks Chers Would do on old sulekha. From my times, it was posting in white ink. Another one from before my times was to somehow enter your text in replies but make it invisible on main post. I forgot how it was done, some HTML trick.

Fun people need to come back on forums. The non fun people who drove these people out need to chill. That's my Diwali wish for this year. Bring back fun. The kind I saw when I was new. First half of 2008.

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:29 pm

http://www.cnn.com/video/?hpt=hp_c2#/video/bestoftv/2012/11/13/early-late-night-laughs-patraeus.cnn
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2