Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Vegetarians vs nonvegetarians---does vegetarianism sap martial strength ??

+2
Hellsangel
ashdoc
6 posters

Go down

Vegetarians vs nonvegetarians---does vegetarianism sap martial strength ?? Empty Vegetarians vs nonvegetarians---does vegetarianism sap martial strength ??

Post by ashdoc Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:27 pm

I do feel that vegetarianism reduces the martial strength of nations . For example gujaratis / marwaris / jains are vegetarian communities . But they almost never join the armed forces .

The fact remains that a nation/society which eats only vegetarian food becomes too tendersouled to shed blood . Most vegetarians cannot shed blood as they literally shrink away from it . To shed blood requires certain amount of insensitivity to the sight of blood which vegetarians lack .

Only nonvegetarians can defend the nation from foreign invaders . They alone possess the insensitivity to shedding blood and the brutality required to kill other human beings---a necessary brutality I must add which is required to defend the nation from invaders .

If you feel that I am advocating eating nonveg food instead of veg food , then you are absolutely right.....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Vegetarians vs nonvegetarians---does vegetarianism sap martial strength ?? Empty Re: Vegetarians vs nonvegetarians---does vegetarianism sap martial strength ??

Post by Hellsangel Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 pm

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Vegetarians vs nonvegetarians---does vegetarianism sap martial strength ?? Empty Re: Vegetarians vs nonvegetarians---does vegetarianism sap martial strength ??

Post by FluteHolder Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:38 pm

Smile So Beef Tongues Speaking?

I donot think it is due to veg/non-veg food. It may be their belief/indoctrination to some extent. Most Gujjus train their young in family based business or in stock markets and IMO, right from young age they are exposed to finance and goal is mostly accumulating wealth! Most are satvik and may be against violence. (may be those who Love Modi would disagree! ).

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:00 am

FluteHolder wrote:Smile So Beef Tongues Speaking?

i eat fish , chicken , mutton and sometimes pork . but i dont eat beef as it is prohibited by hinduism---though i am not a very religious person at least the basics of religion should be followed .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:02 am

FluteHolder wrote: Most Gujjus are satvik and may be against violence. (may be those who Love Modi would disagree! ).

Field Marshal Sam Bahadur Maneckshaw once started
addressing a public meeting at Ahmedabad in English.

The crowd started chanting, "Speak in Gujarati.
We will hear you only if you speak in Gujarati."

Field Marshal Sam Bahadur Maneckshaw stopped.
Swept the audience with a hard stare and replied,
"Friends, I have fought many a battle in my long career.
I have learned Punjabi from men of the Sikh Regiment;
Marathi from the Maratha Regiment; Tamil from the men
of the Madras Sappers; Bengali from the men of the
Bengal Sappers, Hindi from the Bihar Regiment;
and even Nepali from the Gurkha Regiment.

Unfortunately there was no soldier from Gujarat
from whom I could have learned Gujarati."

........ You could have heard a pin drop....

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:02 am

ashdoc wrote:I do feel that vegetarianism reduces the martial strength of nations . For example gujaratis / marwaris / jains are vegetarian communities . But they almost never join the armed forces .

google krishnaswamy sundarji and sunddarajan padhmanabhan.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Merlot Daruwala Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:38 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
ashdoc wrote:I do feel that vegetarianism reduces the martial strength of nations . For example gujaratis / marwaris / jains are vegetarian communities . But they almost never join the armed forces .

Thanks, I did. It tells me that Gen Sundarji was an angler, shikari and a barbecue expert, proficient in preparing tandoori chicken. Given his interest in these activities, one assumes he also ate what he caught / shot / grilled. In other words, he was a meat-eating, fallen Tambram.
Merlot Daruwala
Merlot Daruwala

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:04 am

Merlot Daruwala wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Thanks, I did. It tells me that Gen Sundarji was an angler, shikari and a barbecue expert, proficient in preparing tandoori chicken. Given his interest in these activities, one assumes he also ate what he caught / shot / grilled. In other words, he was a meat-eating, fallen Tambram.

hahaha. so ashdoc can still hang on to this pet theory. except it's a good bet he was vegetarian when he joined up. so bit of a problem there.
aside: is ashdoc real or a caricature character? he is so like the kind of character jeremiah likes to caricature, that i have my own suspicions.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:42 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
aside: is ashdoc real or a caricature character? he is so like the kind of character jeremiah likes to caricature, that i have my own suspicions.

you mean jeremiah suddenly started going to all those movies and started writing movie reviews ?? Rolling Eyes

i used to come with the ID ' carnivore ' on echarcha and start all this for fun . now i am using my own ashdoc ID here .

unfortunately echarcha has closed down so i cant prove it . on desichatter there are one or two threads by carnivore however .

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by ashdoc Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:54 am

here are some threads started by carnivore on echarcha . but clicking on the links does not yield anything because echarcha has closed down Crying or Very sad

https://www.google.co.in/#q=carnivore+echarcha&hl=en&prmd=imvns&filter=0&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_cp.r_qf.&fp=c0838602fdb8981d&bpcl=38625945&biw=1280&bih=601

ashdoc

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Fri Nov 16, 2012 9:00 am

ok. meat it is!

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down