Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a question

5 posters

Go down

a question Empty a question

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:32 pm

...went to Sam's club.

how is it that a 3 lb plain almond bag is 10.98 while a 3lb roasted and salted of the same brand is only 9.48. With added labor and value, I would expect it to be costlier.

Could never figure this anamoly. can anyone explain so that I can sleep peacefully tonight?

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

a question Empty Re: a question

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:46 pm

i don't know but here is a guess. it probably costs less to hold roasted and salted almonds in inventory for a longer period of time than it does fresh almonds because they stay preserved longer.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat Nov 17, 2012 6:52 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i don't know but here is a guess. it probably costs less to hold roasted and salted almonds in inventory for a longer period of time than it does fresh almonds because they stay preserved longer.

affirmative...just now someone gave me the answer on my IM...and you confirmed it...

what can I saw...Today, I learnt something... I know that is the case with some other items, but dont understand why Almonds would not stay fresh for just as long...they are all vaccum packed anyway....

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Nov 17, 2012 7:00 pm

That's nuts!Smile

Do I win a prize if I come up with another answer?

Ok, just for you to sleep even better with two possible explanations..nutritionally speaking, raw almonds are seen as more healthy/nutritional than roasted almonds..so, as in the case of most "health foods" (if nothing else perceptions) - they can be slightly more expensive.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:11 pm

Maria S wrote:That's nuts!Smile

Do I win a prize if I come up with another answer?

Ok, just for you to sleep even better with two possible explanations..nutritionally speaking, raw almonds are seen as more healthy/nutritional than roasted almonds..so, as in the case of most "health foods" (if nothing else perceptions) - they can be slightly more expensive.

Yes - too much salt = too much sodium. With raw almonds you can roast them yourself and put as much or as less salt as you want.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sat Nov 17, 2012 11:23 pm

Sure, too salty at times.

GN!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Sun Nov 18, 2012 12:30 am

Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:...went to Sam's club.

how is it that a 3 lb plain almond bag is 10.98 while a 3lb roasted and salted of the same brand is only 9.48. With added labor and value, I would expect it to be costlier.

Could never figure this anamoly. can anyone explain so that I can sleep peacefully tonight?
100 times:

anomaly

anomaly

anomaly

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:45 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
Marathadi-Saamiyaar wrote:...went to Sam's club.

100 times:

anomaly

anomaly

anomaly

Sorry you are wrong... Check Uppilianica 2012 edition.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down