Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lincoln - highly recommend

5 posters

Go down

Lincoln - highly recommend Empty Lincoln - highly recommend

Post by truthbetold Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:31 pm

This maybe a bit late but if you haven't seen this movie, get going.
Absolute best. Ranks with Gandhi, Lawrence of Arabia. Spielberg's best. Daniel day Lewis was near perfect. Movie holds interest and may interest non political female audience also. It is a must for anybody with teenage children.

Tommy lee was a surprise pack. Dialogues are politically deep but often funny.

Overalls movie for ages.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Lincoln - highly recommend Empty Re: Lincoln - highly recommend

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:39 pm

truthbetold wrote: Movie holds interest and may interest non political female audience also.

we are going this afternoon, but why this particular specification? the only person who has professed a non-interest in politics here is bittu who by some reckoning is not female.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:42 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
truthbetold wrote: Movie holds interest and may interest non political female audience also.

we are going this afternoon, but why this particular specification? the only person who has professed a non-interest in politics here is bittu who by some reckoning is not female.

ahem

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:38 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:

Why should that particular phrase be directed at any one? If you know every one who will ever read this forum and their preferences, you may write your posts to fit those audience. My use of that phrase was related to how SS delicately wove the tragic burden of young son's loss into a manly world of national political narrative.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Impedimenta Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:16 pm

TBT - thanks for the review. how have you been? long time no talk.

Impedimenta

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sat Nov 24, 2012 3:58 pm

Impy,
I am ok. I get limited opportunities to post.
Still checking out some of the other carnatic musicians.
Yesudoss has an outstanding collection of non film music.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:03 pm

I wanted to watch Lincoln and Life of Pi this weekend. But so far, the only one I have seen is Silver Linings Playbook -- bordering-on-the-serious romantic comedy. Plan to see Lincoln tonight.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Obnoxious Sat Nov 24, 2012 4:12 pm

panini press wrote:I wanted to watch Lincoln and Life of Pi this weekend. But so far, the only one I have seen is Silver Linings Playbook -- bordering-on-the-serious romantic comedy. Plan to see Lincoln tonight.

I did not like silver linings playbook. Some folks liked Sessions. I didnt like it, but John Hawkes was fantastic. I love Daniel Day Lewis, but dont like Spielberg am not sure about Lincoln.

Obnoxious

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:58 pm

just got back. i liked it. throughout the movie my thoughts drew parallels with the current impasse in washington with the looming fiscal cliff. i agree with david brooks who in writing about the movie, makes the point in a times opinion piece today, that politicians who dirty themselves just enough to achieve much larger visionary goals are to be lauded. i definitely think lincoln and representative thaddeus stevens (played in the movie by tommy lee jones) were of that kind.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down