Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Road Trip Tips

3 posters

Go down

Road Trip Tips Empty Road Trip Tips

Post by harharmahadev Fri May 27, 2011 4:05 pm

Here are my 10 tips for folks going on a road trip this weekend.

1. Stop once every 2 hours. It will help you relax and enjoy the journey. Get out of the car and stretch your legs

2. Drink plenty of water. Keep a 2 liter or gallon water near you so you can drink periodically.

3. Keep plenty of chips or tidbits around

4. If you are traveling with girl friend, ask her to wear some loose clothes, so you can have some fun while driving

5. Keep a garbage bag and dispose your crap in the garbage bag so your vehicle doesnt get filthy

6. Avoid packing Indian meals...that will stink up the vehicle.

7. Wear loose clothes yourself...preferably jeans and t-shirt.

8. Don't wear briefs...boxers work better

9. Keep a map...preferably GPS

10. Make sure your car is serviced prior to heading out...make sure the tire pressure is good, oil tank is full and brakes work. It is extremely important to test the brakes before heading out on a long road trip.

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Road Trip Tips Empty Re: Road Trip Tips

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 4:08 pm

great tips harharmahadev ! but we cud still get in trouble without ur vibhuti prasad Smile)

Back to top Go down

Post by harharmahadev Fri May 27, 2011 4:22 pm

seven wrote:great tips harharmahadev ! but we cud still get in trouble without ur vibhuti prasad Smile)

True....vibhuti prasad available in paste form too!

harharmahadev

http://www.desichatter.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 4:24 pm

i'll apply some on my car tyers b4 starting out. i cant wait to go home yayyyy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 27, 2011 4:26 pm

seven wrote:i'll apply some on my car tyers b4 starting out. i cant wait to go home yayyyy

lol! I need a break now

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2011 8:14 am

Good tips esp. boxers not briefs; will add a few more:

1. Music - don't have to go all Kirsten Dunst in "Elizabethtown" but, it's nice to have a few good CDs or a playlist on your iPod.

2. Research for some off-key places to eat or drink; a quick stop at a nice diner or a dive bar as a surprise will get you brownie points and all the access to those loose clothes the GF's wearing :-)

3. A backpack of essentials - boxers, socks, some money, a CC, and contact info - in case of an emergency...

4. Speaking of emergencies - a restocked first-aid kit; please know how to change a flat tire - AAA can't make it to you if you don't have cellphone coverage.

5. No HERO complex while driving - 10-15 above speed limit max; good night's sleep before starting and also letting your GF drive if you start to tire...

Last edited by Richard Hed on Sat May 28, 2011 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typos)

Back to top Go down

Post by .|Sublime|. Sat May 28, 2011 9:35 am

you forgot wet wipes and hand sanitizer

.|Sublime|.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat May 28, 2011 11:18 am

.|Sublime|. wrote:you forgot wet wipes and hand sanitizer

True, good call. I prefer the Gold Bond hand sanitizer - which also doubles as a decent, non-smelly moisturizer...

Back to top Go down

Post by Another Brick Mon May 30, 2011 3:39 am

7. Wear loose clothes yourself...preferably jeans and t-shirt.

scratch

btw, this "plenty of water" thing is so overdone. bad skin? plenty of water. indigestion? plenty of water. headache? plenty of water. weight loss? plenty of water. depression? plenty of water. traveling air? plenty of water. by sea? plenty of water. long trip? plenty of water.

i mean, there is frigging nobody who does not recommend plenty of water to any problem/condition.

Another Brick

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down