Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bad Memorial Weekend of the year...

2 posters

Go down

Bad Memorial Weekend of the year... Empty Bad Memorial Weekend of the year...

Post by Anthrone Sat May 28, 2011 6:53 pm

We had to get struck in Manhattan traffic on the way back after buying a used car from a dealer in Bohemia (NY)...Long Island...the car clutch gave away in Manhattan traffic just before holland tunnel...

Moved the car sideways towards wooster st., and broome st., managed to get it towed away by a nice israeili...

Can I move this dealer as he has not given any warranty on this and this happened on the same day that I was driving the car back home...damn useless car dealers...

I am going to sue him with supeona and will claim all my expenses...

Then after my car is towed away travelled to edison and took a cab towards hotel only to discover that most hotels were booked for the memorial weekend by the time I found a vacant room in edison, nj it was 230 am last nite and slept like a baby at corporate price...

Morning b'fast at nearby diner (the host gave me real look that my whitey hubby hanging with me) damn these racist moves of whiteys...my surprise that in NJ she should know better Indians dominate...

Settled for a local rental company car as all the big rental cars companies were off the weekend or had no cars...

Lunch at Saravana Bhavan (NJ- Iselin area) and was shocked to discover that more indians exist there than in India but was proud enuff to say our own people have established much...

Shopped at Patel grocery, picked many Indian groceries that I was happy with prices on them...

drove to Pa...with no issues the only problem I gotta drive the car back to local rental company back which I will do on Monday...

Whew, what a weekend? Never anticipated this...

Anthrone

Back to top Go down

Bad Memorial Weekend of the year... Empty Re: Bad Memorial Weekend of the year...

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 28, 2011 7:01 pm

Anthrone wrote:We had to get struck in Manhattan traffic on the way back after buying a used car from a dealer in Bohemia (NY)...Long Island...the car clutch gave away in Manhattan traffic just before holland tunnel...

Moved the car sideways towards wooster st., and broome st., managed to get it towed away by a nice israeili...

Can I move this dealer as he has not given any warranty on this and this happened on the same day that I was driving the car back home...damn useless car dealers...

I am going to sue him with supeona and will claim all my expenses...

Whew, what a weekend? Never anticipated this...

Hope you gave a bank Check. It takes a few days to clear - more due to the holidas. Call your bank and put a STOP on your check and Cancel it. Pay your $35 stop fee and let the dealer scream. He wont go to court and swallow the pill. If you paid by credit card, dispute the charges (you will end up paying anyway), OR file a case in the small claims court in YOUR place.

Might as well make the trip an after-fun.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Bad Memorial Weekend of the year... Empty Re: Bad Memorial Weekend of the year...

Post by Anthrone Sat May 28, 2011 7:18 pm

Thanks and will cancel my bank check as he cannot encash it at all...
I paid $500.00 only from CC and no more...I think I can keep the car for $500.00. :-)

Anthrone

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sat May 28, 2011 8:11 pm

Call the BANK NOW...they 800 number will answer 24/7. You dont have to give any reason to the bank except to ask them to put a stop and cancel. Then you can call the dealer to take the car back for rest of the money + expenses you incurred OR else, you WILL call and report to the BBB, State Attorney's office, Nausua county and report the dealer on Lemon Law violation.

Oh.. I will suggest a donation to my Ashram and I will send you the Vibhuti prashad.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down