Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian doctors routinely failing key UK exams: Report

4 posters

Go down

Indian doctors routinely failing key UK exams: Report Empty Indian doctors routinely failing key UK exams: Report

Post by Rishi Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:17 pm

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/uk/Indian-doctors-routinely-failing-key-UK-exams-Report/articleshow/17751234.cms

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252359/Scandal-failing-foreign-doctors-demand-right-sit-GP-exams-staggering-SIX-times.html

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Indian doctors routinely failing key UK exams: Report Empty Re: Indian doctors routinely failing key UK exams: Report

Post by Rishi Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:43 pm

Whenever I have to be seen at my surgery by a doctor I haven't seen before, I just can't resist conducting a brief interview with them. You need to ask the questions about where they trained, what specialities they may possess, how long have they practiced and whether or not they may have been investigated ot disciplined. Most doctors are visbly taken aback when questions like this are posed. As a gas fitter I am immediately asked for my proof of competency and registration before I can work on an appliance, so why should I let some stranger loose on my body without first having proof of competence. It's no longer the case of "I'm a doctor, trust me"! - Aden30, Colchester

Valid point!

I wonder how many will have the courage to ask their doctor these questions.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Indian doctors routinely failing key UK exams: Report Empty Re: Indian doctors routinely failing key UK exams: Report

Post by truthbetold Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:30 pm

There are many web sites that provide information on individual doctor's professional history. Checking web will reduce akwardness of a direct confrontation. It is better to be safe than sorry.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Indian doctors routinely failing key UK exams: Report Empty Chaeck out the doctor on the internet

Post by Sandee2020 Tue Dec 25, 2012 5:36 pm

Rishi wrote:Whenever I have to be seen at my surgery by a doctor I haven't seen before, I just can't resist conducting a brief interview with them. You need to ask the questions about where they trained, what specialities they may possess, how long have they practiced and whether or not they may have been investigated ot disciplined. Most doctors are visbly taken aback when questions like this are posed. As a gas fitter I am immediately asked for my proof of competency and registration before I can work on an appliance, so why should I let some stranger loose on my body without first having proof of competence. It's no longer the case of "I'm a doctor, trust me"! - Aden30, Colchester

Valid point!

I wonder how many will have the courage to ask their doctor these questions.

Here in USA, I look up the complete profile of a new doctor. Smile

Sandee2020

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Tue Dec 25, 2012 7:38 pm

Rishi wrote:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/world/uk/Indian-doctors-routinely-failing-key-UK-exams-Report/articleshow/17751234.cms

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2252359/Scandal-failing-foreign-doctors-demand-right-sit-GP-exams-staggering-SIX-times.html

Just look up the state board website for info on your doc.

Then there are quite a few sites - but very few reviews. But, you can get some idea.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down