Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Indian Movie industry's contribution to the culture of debasement of women

3 posters

Go down

Indian Movie industry's contribution to the culture of debasement of women Empty Indian Movie industry's contribution to the culture of debasement of women

Post by Rishi Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:58 pm

The greatest Hindi film of all time was probably Sholay. This had Dharmendra giving his version of how to win a girl. He jumps on the tonga (horse carriage) of tongawali Hema Malini, serenading her and grabbing her from behind. She fights him off, knocking him off the tonga. But he once again climbs aboard and continues with his musical harassment. The song goes, “Koi hasina jab rooth jati hai to, aur bhi hasin ho jati hai.” (translation: when a beautiful girl gets pissed off with you, she becomes even more beautiful). Does he go to jail for this behaviour? Alas no, she falls into his arms! Great are the rewards of harassment.

http://blogs.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Swaminomics/entry/films-sanctify-pestering-and-stalking-of-women?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Indian Movie industry's contribution to the culture of debasement of women Empty Re: Indian Movie industry's contribution to the culture of debasement of women

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:59 pm

Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Indian Movie industry's contribution to the culture of debasement of women Empty Re: Indian Movie industry's contribution to the culture of debasement of women

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:23 pm

what always makes me think about the indian censor board is that they censor consensual sex and kissing, but they have no problems with showing rape. nashe me rape kar diya has long been a standard regret line for penitent bombay cinema villains.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jan 02, 2013 6:29 pm

Almost all of the top grosser movies nowadays have at least one song where women are clearly objectified and treated as sex objects - the item number. These are instances where not men, but women are calling themselves sex objects.

Fevicol Se lyrics (Dabangg 2, 2012)
Mere photo o seene se yaar chipka le saiyaan fevicol se
Mai To Kab Se Hoon Ready Taiyaar Pataa Le Saiyaan Miss Call Se…….
Mai To Tandoori Murgi Hun Yaar Gatka Le Saiyaan Alcohol Se…..
(Rough translation: Stick my photo to your heart with fevicol, I have been always ready, woo me with a missed call my love; people call me 'salty butter' my youth is cutter I am Tandoori chicken, swallow me with alcohol)

http://www.hindustantimes.com/Entertainment/Music/HONEY-SINGH-why-he-shouldn-t-face-the-rap-alone/Article1-983894.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down