Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All that glitters is gold

+3
Propagandhi711
Marathadi-Saamiyaar
nevada
7 posters

Go down

All that glitters is gold Empty All that glitters is gold

Post by nevada Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:13 pm

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257209/Wealthy-Indian-Datta-Phuge-spends-14-000-shirt-GOLD-impress-ladies.html

It is often said that money can't buy love.
But trying telling that to a wealthy Indian man who splashed out £14,000 on a solid gold shirt in the hope it will attract female attention.
Money-lender Datta Phuge 32, from Pimpri-Chinchwad, commissioned the shirt which took a team of 15 goldsmiths two weeks to make working 16 hours a day creating and weaving the gold threads.

All that glitters is gold Article-2257209-16C051F1000005DC-920_634x822

nevada

Back to top Go down

All that glitters is gold Empty Re: All that glitters is gold

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:16 pm

The modern tribal kings.

He should have no problem getting the likes of Mrs. Heffner.

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:27 pm

Desi flava flag...if he can look uglier, lose that smug arrogance and get some gold teeth and personality, he could have a sitcom on his hands

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:31 pm

nevada wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257209/Wealthy-Indian-Datta-Phuge-spends-14-000-shirt-GOLD-impress-ladies.html

But trying telling that to a wealthy Indian man who splashed out £14,000 on a solid gold shirt in the hope it will attract female attention.
Money-lender Datta Phuge 32, from Pimpri-Chinchwad, commissioned the shirt which took a team of 15 goldsmiths two weeks to make working 16 hours a day creating and weaving the gold threads.

He looks like when I was his age.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Kris Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:32 pm

nevada wrote:http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2257209/Wealthy-Indian-Datta-Phuge-spends-14-000-shirt-GOLD-impress-ladies.html

>>>>Wonder what his jacket will be made of.

Kris

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:45 pm

Ha! Such gender discrimination and bias here..feel so sorry for this poor man..life must be so unfair for him..hope he gets some attention.

All I see is Ads on Indian TV..for all kinds of Mega Jewelry stores..with women dressed/drowning in gold..not to mention Platinum and Diamonds too..no one seems to say anything..someone has to stand up for him..in this Women's World:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Marathadi-Saamiyaar Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:47 pm

I found it... He is ideally suited to become "Maharaj Guru ji ThangaPonSwamigal"

He has a unique signature style

Women will throng to him

He will make a lot more money (he is a money lender, after all).

He is at the right age, and he is even indicating his hidden mind through "the Golden Om"

He can call his future sprawling Ashram as "Golden Om Ashram"

Marathadi-Saamiyaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:59 pm

Maria S wrote:Ha! Such gender discrimination and bias here..feel so sorry for this poor man..life must be so unfair for him..hope he gets some attention.

All I see is Ads on Indian TV..for all kinds of Mega Jewelry stores..with women dressed/drowning in gold..not to mention Platinum and Diamonds too..no one seems to say anything..someone has to stand up for him..in this Women's World:)

I am not discriminating...happen to think this guy is quite smart and found a fine way to gain publicity for himself and his business. And yes, many Indian elephants drape themselves in gold traditionally

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:08 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:
I am not discriminating...happen to think this guy is quite smart and found a fine way to gain publicity for himself and his business. And yes, many Indian elephants drape themselves in gold traditionally

I hope you know I was joking:)

Yes, he has for sure.

Did you come across this news DUT ji?

Chinese man gives 100 million in dowry for daughter

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/article/12/20130102201301022159121445fadffbc/Chinese-man-gives-%C2%A3100m-dowry-for-daughter%E2%80%99s-lavish-wedding.html

"Apple Daily featured a one-page report on the Jinjiang tradition last year, titled "Marrying a Jinjiang bride is better than robbing a bank."Last month, another Jinjiang billionaire married off his daughter with a dowry worth more than 2billion yuan, following the example of Hengan International's chairman, who paid 2.5 billion yuan for his niece’s wedding a year ago. "

Communists have come a long way..haven't they:)
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:14 pm

Maria S wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

I hope you know I was joking:)

Yes, he has for sure.

Did you come across this news DUT ji?

Chinese man gives 100 million in dowry for daughter

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/article/12/20130102201301022159121445fadffbc/Chinese-man-gives-%C2%A3100m-dowry-for-daughter%E2%80%99s-lavish-wedding.html

"Apple Daily featured a one-page report on the Jinjiang tradition last year, titled "Marrying a Jinjiang bride is better than robbing a bank."Last month, another Jinjiang billionaire married off his daughter with a dowry worth more than 2billion yuan, following the example of Hengan International's chairman, who paid 2.5 billion yuan for his niece’s wedding a year ago. "

Communists have come a long way..haven't they:)

yes, except the real communistos aka cubans are still languishing in 4th world squalor with their women (and me) forced to hook with pasty europeans to make ends meet.

also, I dont like it when dowry comes with shares in a company or a retail store etc...implicit in such a transaction is the expectation that the son in law should work. what's the point of that?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:18 pm

He should lose that om. He could donate that to a mandir and some brownie points. Thinking through this a little he probably has better chance of attracting females if he donated that gold to some charity rather than wear it.
Like prop said "elephants".

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:22 pm

Propagandhi711 wrote:[

yes, except the real communistos aka cubans are still languishing in 4th world squalor with their women (and me) forced to hook with pasty europeans to make ends meet.

also, I dont like it when dowry comes with shares in a company or a retail store etc...implicit in such a transaction is the expectation that the son in law should work. what's the point of that?

I know..who said all Communists or Capitalists are real or equal? I guess this poor groom has to go to his tired old Govt job..and make some money too!

Before anyone takes all this Communist talk-business *seriously (never know, who will!)..all one wants is some fairness society..esp. in compensation-benefits. Alright..am done for now.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:23 pm

truthbetold wrote:He should lose that om. He could donate that to a mandir and some brownie points. Thinking through this a little he probably has better chance of attracting females if he donated that gold to some charity rather than wear it.
Like prop said "elephants".

what kinda fantasy world are you living in where females are attracted to males donating money to charity? there's only two such women and one of them died in calcutta a while back. if you think women are altruistic creatures just coz they're prone to being raped, you're mistaken.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:35 pm

Small(or rather large) correction guys. The shirt cost £140,000 - not £14,000.
At about 30k INR per tola, it is made with a little over 4 kilos of gold.

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by truthbetold Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:44 pm

Prop,
Calculation is that if he can donate this much to charity he must have lot more. once theguy is hooked the door to khazana is shut. Think of gujju behn.

truthbetold

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down