Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The elephant story (yes, it relates to TN independence)

3 posters

Go down

The elephant story (yes, it relates to TN independence) Empty The elephant story (yes, it relates to TN independence)

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jan 08, 2013 12:53 pm

I will end this response with an anecdote. Some years ago, circus was in town. I took the children to the area where circus animals are kept. There were the circus elephants. One leg of each elephant was tied by a piece of iron chain to a little wooden peg driven into ground. These were very small pegs; elephants could easily pull them off and walk away, but these elephants did not. I asked about it to one of the men tending the animals. He told us about the mental conditioning of these elephants. When an elephant is captured, it is tied securely to the trunk of a large tree by iron chain. The elephant will try its best to get away but will be unable to do so. It will try day after day for several days in vain. Finally it will give up trying. Once the elephant stops trying, from then on it is simply tied to a little wooden peg by a piece of iron chain. The elephant is already mentally conditioned to think that it cannot escape. It will not try to pull off the peg and walk away.

Many Tamils and other discriminated nationalities in India are also conditioned to think that we cannot liberate our nations (yes, Tamil Nadu is a nation by any objective criteria) from Indian rule. Let us shake off that "can't do" mentality.

A free independent Tamil Nadu is our birthright!
Let us ask for it!
Let us fight for it!
We will achieve it!!

read the full article
http://www.tamiltribune.com/98/0701.html
AN EXCHANGE OF VIEWS: Can Tamil Nadu be freed from Indian Rule?
NO: R. Damodaran, YES: Thanjai Nalankilli

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

The elephant story (yes, it relates to TN independence) Empty Re: The elephant story (yes, it relates to TN independence)

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 pm

when i read this story, i think of pirabakaran and all his child soldiers.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

The elephant story (yes, it relates to TN independence) Empty Re: The elephant story (yes, it relates to TN independence)

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:16 pm

பாட்டன் கொண்ட வீரம் - இன்று
பாடையில் ஏன் போனதோ !
ஏற்றம் கொண்ட தமிழினம் -இன்று
ஏதிலியாய் ஏன் ஆனதோ!

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by bw Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:23 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:I will end this response with an anecdote.

what response? who responded?

bw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kayalvizhi Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:25 pm

bw wrote:
Kayalvizhi wrote:I will end this response with an anecdote.

what response? who responded?

read the full article
http://www.tamiltribune.com/98/0701.html
AN EXCHANGE OF VIEWS: Can Tamil Nadu be freed from Indian Rule?
NO: R. Damodaran, YES: Thanjai Nalankilli

Kayalvizhi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Kayalvizhi wrote:பாட்டன் கொண்ட வீரம் - இன்று
பாடையில் ஏன் போனதோ !
ஏற்றம் கொண்ட தமிழினம் -இன்று
ஏதிலியாய் ஏன் ஆனதோ!

பாட்டன் கொண்டது வீரமாக இருக்கலாம், ஆனால் பிரபாகரன் கொண்டது பச்சைக்கோழைத்தனம்.
அது பாடை ஏறியதில் மிக்க மகிழ்ச்சி அடைகிறோம்.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down