Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

the elephant in the room

+17
garam_kuta
Motor_Mouth
Propagandhi711
pravalika nanda
confuzzled dude
Idéfix
Nila
FluteHolder
Rishi
Hellsangel
Kumarg
southindian
nevada
Maria S
Rekz
MaxEntropy_Man
Jeremiah Mburuburu
21 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

the elephant in the room Empty the elephant in the room

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:12 am

the real reason for gun violence, indeed, all kinds of violence in the u.s., has not been mentioned, not by anyone in newtown, not by political or religious leaders, not in the media, and not by anyone at suCH.

banning assault weapons and strictly regulating the ownership of and access to guns will reduce the violence, but they are not the underlying reason for the violence. (this is not a new way to say, "guns don't kill people, people do.")

The Reason has been around for some centuries and is defined by a three-letter word, but i shall not mention it either, for i may not have the courage to do so.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

the elephant in the room Empty Re: the elephant in the room

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:55 am

Elephant dikh nahi raha, sorry.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:57 am

LOL!

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:18 pm

i am not sure i understand you. a three letter word which is the reason for gun violence which has not been mentioned before; can't think of one. hints?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:30 pm

Yes, even i was wondering how come no one mentioned it here..

sad
bad
mad???
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:34 pm

I may know the answer, but may not answer, and I do have the courage to say so!

*Hint- Mouse in the room:)

It's the holiday season..so, why not..I am in a very generous mood..Happy Holidays to the one who may not have the courage to post the answer to his own question and say thank you to a person with a five-letter name who courageously just wished him happy holidays!
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by nevada Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:45 pm

God?

nevada

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:59 pm

MAD-mad as in angry and mad as in crazy.

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:59 pm

Ahhha, That's the one then and I know which 3 letter word you are talking about.

That's a very difficult thing to say and I can understand if you don't have the courage to say the word on SuCH. We all understand.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

the elephant in the room Empty the elephant in the room- three letter word

Post by Kumarg Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:31 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote: The Reason has been around for some centuries and is defined by a three-letter word, but i shall not mention it either, for i may not have the courage to do so.

I know what you mean, ego?

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:54 pm

IBS?
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:20 pm

The three letter word is sex.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:39 pm

Hellsangel wrote:IBS?

Smile
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:55 pm

I guess Rishi is right. I guess to some extent it may be true. For lack of avenues to relieve or channel their necessary emotions, they look for alternatives which are easily available violence. What the elephant does when it is in heat?.....

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:58 pm

Rishi wrote:The three letter word is sex.

The same old Freudian angle!

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:03 pm

FluteHolder wrote:I guess Rishi is right. I guess to some extent it may be true. For lack of avenues to relieve or channel their necessary emotions, they look for alternatives which are easily available violence. What the elephant does when it is in heat?.....

Nice. No wonder "Elephant in heat" aka Sex is the GOP symbol.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:00 pm

Rishi wrote:The three letter word is sex.
it is not sex.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:09 pm

Rekz wrote:Yes, even i was wondering how come no one mentioned it here..

sad
bad
mad???
are you saying that "sad" is the underlying reason for violence in the u.s.? if you are, i wouldn't know what that means. i had no such word in mind.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:47 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i am not sure i understand you. a three letter word which is the reason for gun violence which has not been mentioned before; can't think of one. hints?
it was not my intention to puzzle anyone. i was serious. i made the post for my own satisfaction.

people from around the u.s. and the world have talked about and analyzed the killings in newtown for hours and hours after they took place, and as far as i know, no one has mentioned the reason i have in mind. it isn't anything like mad, sad, bad, ego, god, or sex. (i don't know what any of that would mean.)

the people of the u.s. are not naive; they are an eminently practical and politically aware people. yet, they haven't mentioned The Reason. that's because they are in denial; they're hoping that no one has noticed it, and if anyone has, s/he will not mention it.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:
the people of the u.s. are not naive; they are an eminently practical and politically aware people. yet, they haven't mentioned The Reason. that's because they are in denial; they're hoping that no one has noticed it, and if anyone has, s/he will not mention it.

So what is it? Why don't you say it?

Back to top Go down

Post by Nila Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:54 pm

Just give us the first and the last word. Be a little courageous and say the first word atleast.

It's not fair on you to give clues atleast.

Nila

Back to top Go down

Post by Maria S Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Besides the obvious MGU..in this specific case..

M- Mental state-condition (roots/manifestations of psycho-social-neurological, biochemical aspects)

G-Guns (access for quick-multiple killings)

U- Unknown reasons..which will remain unknown..

Since we are all guessing..I am going to guess-Fun..simply for the fun/thrill of killing. I would also call this kind of fun the four-letter word:
Evil.
Maria S
Maria S

Back to top Go down

Post by Idéfix Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:08 pm

Coy!
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by confuzzled dude Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:28 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:i am not sure i understand you. a three letter word which is the reason for gun violence which has not been mentioned before; can't think of one. hints?
it was not my intention to puzzle anyone. i was serious. i made the post for my own satisfaction.

people from around the u.s. and the world have talked about and analyzed the killings in newtown for hours and hours after they took place, and as far as i know, no one has mentioned the reason i have in mind. it isn't anything like mad, sad, bad, ego, god, or sex. (i don't know what any of that would mean.)

haha! but you did manage to. So what do you suggest, slashing defense budget to nil. Years ago, when I was fairly fresh off the boat, I was shocked to hear a local radio host make on air causal references to nuke a nation over a silly debate, this wasn't even a talk show.

confuzzled dude

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:17 pm

SIN- the sins committed by their forefathers. The clue/underlying reason, i believe, is in the Michael Moore's doc video which can be watched in this thread.

https://such.forumotion.com/t9244-sacrificing-thousands-of-kids-at-the-altar-of-racist-right-wing-fantasies

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:55 pm

The three letter word is job.

The firearm industry generates a lot of jobs both directly and indirectly.

Not only people are employed in the gun factories but also in shooting ranges. Many professions such as gun trainers, gun dealers etc are the result of the gun industry. Besides a lot of places like walmart, kmart and sears employ people to sell guns and bullets.

If you limit gun ownership in America, a lot of jobs would disappear.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:38 pm

Firearms Industry Creates Jobs in America

United States companies that manufacture, distribute and sell sporting firearms, ammunition and supplies are an important part of the country's economy. Manufacturers of firearms, ammunition and supplies, along with the companies that sell and distribute these products, provide well paying jobs in America and pay significant amounts in tax to the state and Federal governments.

Economic Impact of the Sporting Arms and Ammunition Industry in the U.S.

An Important Part of America's Economy

Companies in the United States that manufacture, distribute and sell firearms, ammunition and hunting equipment employ as many as 98,752 people in the country and generate an additional 110,998 jobs in supplier and ancillary industries. These include jobs in companies supplying goods and services to manufacturers, distributors and retailers, as well as those that depend on sales to workers in the firearms and ammunition industry. [1]

These are good jobs, paying an average of $46,858 in wages and benefits. And today, every job is important. In fact, in the United States the unemployment rate has reached 8.2 percent. This means that there are already 13,430,000 people trying to find jobs in the state and collecting unemployment benefits. [2]

The Economic Benefit of the Industry Spreads Throughout the Country

Not only does the manufacture and sale of firearms and hunting supplies create good jobs in the United States but the industry also contributes to the economy as a whole. In fact, in 2012 the firearms and ammunition industry was responsible for as much as $31.84 billion in total economic activity in the country.

The Country Also Benefits from the Taxes Paid by the Industry

Not only does the firearms and ammunition industry create jobs, it also generates sizable tax revenues. In the United States the industry and its employees pay over $2.07 billion in taxes including property, income, and sales based levies. [3]

[1] John Dunham and Associates, New York, March 2012. Direct impacts include those jobs in firearms and ammunition manufacturers, as well as companies that manufacture products such as ammunition holders and magazines, cases, decoys, game calls, holsters, hunting equipment, scopes, clay pigeons and targets. Direct impacts also include those resulting from the wholesale distribution and retailing of firearms and ammunition in sporting goods retailers and variety/mass merchandise stores
[2] The Bureau of Labor Statistics. Available online at: www.bis.gov/lau/home.htm. Data for 1/2012.
[3] This is in addition to over $2.50 billion in Federal business taxes and $488.00 million in Federal excise taxes.
Source: John Dunham and Associates, Inc. New York, New York 2012

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by pravalika nanda Wed Dec 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:the real reason for gun violence, indeed, all kinds of violence in the u.s., has not been mentioned, not by anyone in newtown, not by political or religious leaders, not in the media, and not by anyone at suCH.

banning assault weapons and strictly regulating the ownership of and access to guns will reduce the violence, but they are not the underlying reason for the violence. (this is not a new way to say, "guns don't kill people, people do.")

The Reason has been around for some centuries and is defined by a three-letter word, but i shall not mention it either, for i may not have the courage to do so.

**men? cuz they're the only ones going around killing people in big numbers with guns. we should lock them up.

pravalika nanda

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:09 pm

LOL @ thread. JM rocks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:16 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:the real reason for gun violence, indeed, all kinds of violence in the u.s., has not been mentioned, not by anyone in newtown, not by political or religious leaders, not in the media, and not by anyone at suCH.

Ooh this guessing game is making phlegmy feel like a young boy again. He might or might not take off his clothes and run butt naked through the streets of an university town of not insignificant size screaming, I got puzzles, weeeee, look at meeee I got puzzles.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:18 am

Also notice the coyness when he says I might not mention what it is...just so coy like a training bra wearing, near-teen playing with pigtails

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:56 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Ooh this guessing game is making phlegmy feel like a young boy again. He might or might not take off his clothes and run butt naked through the streets of an university town of not insignificant size screaming, I got puzzles, weeeee, look at meeee I got puzzles.

Chumma drama. Anyway, 'northindians' has 12 letters.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:59 am

Hellsangel wrote:Chumma drama. Anyway, 'northindians' has 12 letters.
what about vee?

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:43 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:...run butt naked through the streets of an university town...
hahaha @"an university town." what you should do is to always spell "university" as "ooniversity"; then you'd be correct to say "an ooniversity town."

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:53 am

have you mustered courage? i am dying to know the answer. how about hints?

Last edited by Huzefa Kapasi on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Rekz Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:57 am

oh yaa

JOB?

Men? The most voilent and complicated species on planet earth.
Rekz
Rekz

Back to top Go down

Post by Motor_Mouth Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:59 am

RSS?

KKK?

Motor_Mouth

Back to top Go down

Post by FluteHolder Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 am

JEWs?

FluteHolder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:29 am

MOM?

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:18 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:...run butt naked through the streets of an university town...
hahaha @"an university town." what you should do is to always spell "university" as "ooniversity"; then you'd be correct to say "an ooniversity town."

Looks like the pigtailed, coy teen girl ran away and the cranky old school marm with itchy hemorrhoids returned. Anyway, did you lose your fear of uttering the word, phlegmy? The peeps are dying to know the answer to the great puzzle of 2012. If you're too shy to say it, say it into huz's ear na? You're always trying to sidle up to him to get a mouthful of his teats, this might be your golden opportunity.

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:26 am

Propagandhi711 wrote:

Looks like the pigtailed, coy teen girl ran away and the cranky old school marm with itchy hemorrhoids returned. Anyway, did you lose your fear of uttering the word, phlegmy? The peeps are dying to know the answer to the great puzzle of 2012. If you're too shy to say it, say it into huz's ear na? You're always trying to sidle up to him to get a mouthful of his teats, this might be your golden opportunity.

Propa were you brought up to talk to your elders in this kind of gutter language ?

Last edited by Rashmun on Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by garam_kuta Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:29 am

JM

aside - this is totally...

moondrezhuthil en moochirukkum

adhu mudindha pinnAlum paechchirukkum..

garam_kuta

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:37 am

The old dog is desperately looking for attention. And he is going to milk this for as long as he can. Until then he will continue to act like he has discovered the next greatest thing after sliced bread.
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by Propagandhi711 Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:39 am

Rashmun wrote:
Propagandhi711 wrote:

Propa were you brought up to talk to your elders in this kind of gutter language ?

The old fart needs his diaper changed, can you pls do the needful?

Propagandhi711

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:11 am

marvin gaye hints at The Reason.

here, he describes the situation, but doesn't give The Reason.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:21 am

Jeremiah Mburuburu wrote:marvin gaye hints at The Reason.
and sings the three-letter word.

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:24 am

GAY?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:26 am

WAR?
YOU?
YAH?
FAR?
SEE?

THERE ARE TOO MANY 3 LETTER WORDS IN THE LYRICS. AAAAAA!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeremiah Mburuburu Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:39 am

Huzefa Kapasi wrote:THERE ARE TOO MANY 3 LETTER WORDS IN THE LYRICS.
100 times (note the hyphen):

three-letter words

three-letter words

three-letter words

Jeremiah Mburuburu

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:41 am

the elephant has something to do with long hair. right??????

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next