Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Manohar Lal Sharma

5 posters

Go down

Manohar Lal Sharma Empty Manohar Lal Sharma

Post by Kumarg Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:33 pm

The accused get representation

I understand that -"A defendant has a right to a lawyer, this is a basic principle of a modern society."

But do you think he truly believes when he says -"he has never heard of a "respected lady" being raped in India. Murdered 23-year-old was "wholly responsible" for the incident as the unmarried couple should not have been on the streets at night. "Until today I have not seen a single incident or example of rape with a respected lady, "Even an underworld don would not like to touch a girl with respect."

I mean rapists and peadophiles get representation in the US as well. I am assuming their primary defense is along the lines -'my client didn't do it'....but these arguments from Sharma are shocking, despicable shocking! Do you think he really believes this? Are all criminal defense lawers supposed to act this way? I mean the girl was brutally beaten - could he not have come up with any argument that was anything but this? I this guy doing it for cheap publicity or is he really this heartless cruel man!

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/victims-in-delhi-rape-case-are-to-blame-defendants-lawyer-says-20130110-2ch95.html#ixzz2HUq1t8qx

Kumarg

Back to top Go down

Manohar Lal Sharma Empty Re: Manohar Lal Sharma

Post by Idéfix Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:38 pm

If this lawyer is making these statements in order to defend his clients, that will be counterproductive. His statements, like you say, are shocking. I suppose he is positioning himself for a great career defending rapists.
Idéfix
Idéfix

Back to top Go down

Post by Hellsangel Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:53 pm

panini press wrote:If this lawyer is making these statements in order to defend his clients, that will be counterproductive. His statements, like you say, are shocking. I suppose he is positioning himself for a great career defending rapists.

No publicity is bad publicity!
Hellsangel
Hellsangel

Back to top Go down

Post by southindian Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm

Kumarg wrote:The accused get representation

I understand that -"A defendant has a right to a lawyer, this is a basic principle of a modern society."

But do you think he truly believes when he says -"he has never heard of a "respected lady" being raped in India. Murdered 23-year-old was "wholly responsible" for the incident as the unmarried couple should not have been on the streets at night. "Until today I have not seen a single incident or example of rape with a respected lady, "Even an underworld don would not like to touch a girl with respect."

I mean rapists and peadophiles get representation in the US as well. I am assuming their primary defense is along the lines -'my client didn't do it'....but these arguments from Sharma are shocking, despicable shocking! Do you think he really believes this? Are all criminal defense lawers supposed to act this way? I mean the girl was brutally beaten - could he not have come up with any argument that was anything but this? I this guy doing it for cheap publicity or is he really this heartless cruel man!

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/world/victims-in-delhi-rape-case-are-to-blame-defendants-lawyer-says-20130110-2ch95.html#ixzz2HUq1t8qx

Manohar Lal Sharma seems to be the right lawyer defending the 6 Bittus. His statements will help getting 6 Bittus to death row sooner.

BTW, what an idiot to come up with such an argument in defence of rapists. Put him on trial as well.
southindian
southindian

Back to top Go down

Post by Seva Lamberdar Wed Jan 09, 2013 3:08 pm

The issue for him as a lawyer in front of the jury is the defense of man / men accused of rape and not the respect ("respectfulness") of the rape victim.
Seva Lamberdar
Seva Lamberdar

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bYp0igbxHcmg1G1J-qw0VUBSn7Fu

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down