Coffeehouse for desis
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A peculiar feature of the Indian freedom struggle

2 posters

Go down

A peculiar feature of the Indian freedom struggle Empty A peculiar feature of the Indian freedom struggle

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:34 am

A peculiar feature of the Indian freedom struggle was that a disproportionately large percentage of our freedom fighters were lawyers. I wish to know why this was the case.

Back to top Go down

A peculiar feature of the Indian freedom struggle Empty Re: A peculiar feature of the Indian freedom struggle

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:36 am

did you read the info about the dakshina bharat hinglish prachar sabha that PP dug up?
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

A peculiar feature of the Indian freedom struggle Empty Re: A peculiar feature of the Indian freedom struggle

Post by Guest Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:47 am

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:did you read the info about the dakshina bharat hinglish prachar sabha that PP dug up?

no i did not. what is it about.

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:53 am

Rashmun wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:did you read the info about the dakshina bharat hinglish prachar sabha that PP dug up?

you should. turns out the dbhps is now in the business of teaching bad english to southern indians in addition to very dicey management courses in a language that has a vague resemblance to english.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Rishi Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:05 pm

MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

you should. turns out the dbhps is now in the business of teaching bad english to southern indians in addition to very dicey management courses in a language that has a vague resemblance to english.

dicey [ˈdaɪsɪ]
adj dicier, diciest Informal chiefly Brit
difficult or dangerous; risky; tricky

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dicey

dic·ey [dahy-see] Show IPA
adjective, dic·i·er, dic·i·est. Informal.
unpredictable; risky; uncertain.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dicey?s=t

What was dicey about it?

You can say the course was utterly mediocre. Not even worth teaching it at a trade school which trains someone to be a secretary.

Rishi

Back to top Go down

Post by MaxEntropy_Man Sat Jan 12, 2013 12:15 pm

Rishi wrote:
MaxEntropy_Man wrote:
Rashmun wrote:

dicey [ˈdaɪsɪ]
adj dicier, diciest Informal chiefly Brit
difficult or dangerous; risky; tricky

http://www.thefreedictionary.com/dicey

dic·ey [dahy-see] Show IPA
adjective, dic·i·er, dic·i·est. Informal.
unpredictable; risky; uncertain.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dicey?s=t

What was dicey about it?

You can say the course was utterly mediocre. Not even worth teaching it at a trade school which trains someone to be a secretary.

it's a british word and the brits are the masters of understatement.
MaxEntropy_Man
MaxEntropy_Man

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down